Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #131!

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, LoopStricken said:

Operators. Nice eye textures. Awful skin textures.The lipstick is pixellated as all heck. Speaking of eyes, the Orokin weren't big fans of symmetry - any chance of a hererochromia option being added?

The Orokin were huge fans of symmetry, its mentioned in the Simaris lore. As you rose in rank you were expected to have more and more perfect symmetry reflected physically as a show of your perfection. Ballas seems to be an odd man out - very strange for an Executor, the ruling caste of the Orokin Elite - but perhaps we will eventually get some explanation for that.

As for the questions; I would be interested if there is any current plans for Void Blast amps to work alongside our existing Void laser amps. I feel that these would open up more avenues for our Tenno being practical if nothing else while also allowing a fix for the Tenno affinity black hole that Void blast currently represents. Also, would it be possible and practical to make it so that Focus Lens can be safely removed so as to allow painless upgrading and re-installation of lens?

Just now, Urlan said:

The Orokin were huge fans of symmetry, its mentioned in the Simaris lore.

Mayhaps I misremember then, I seem to recall that with the birth of the Twin Queens, the whole "symmetry bad" thing was brought to the fore because heck, these two were symmetric with each other.
Hm. I'll amend it and just ask for a weeby option to be added.

Will the curious choice to make right-click a melee switch button and a vital part of the melee 3.0 combo system be addressed? It doesn't make much sense for the buttons to be the same, even if it's possible to keep the weapon out. It's just unintuitive.  On a related note, what's in the works relating to auto-block, or rather, the end of its capacity to take control away from the player? That's the only black spot on 2.99 IMO.

What's in the pipeline regarding the design of the numerous press-4-to-win abilities of various kinds and qualities. Permanent invisibility (AKA, infinite survivability because nothing will shoot you), map-wide constant CC, or nukes? Engaging, replayable gameplay and the ability to turn the game into cookie clicker really doesn't mesh well.

I assume any Operator news is spoiler for TNW or Duviri but... please, is something being done to make playing as them more fluid? I really don't like Magus lockdown being their only truly effective attack, especially since it falls into the above category. In particular, why is void damage useless against armour (which SENTIENTS have) and only has downsides, including doing 75% reduced damage to the entire Grineer faction on top of armour????

-When is the third Orb Mother heist coming?

-How are primary kitguns looking?

-Any word on the sentient armcannon?

-Will you review the Balor Fomorian mission for the Empyrean update to add some variety to it?

It is a fun concept, bur running through it multiple times is very tedious since every time the mission is completely the same - from the space layout to zeplen's positions to everything. Wiill you rework it in some way to add more variety to it?

Ehhh, honestly assumed that the "Date announce" thread was gonna be the thread for us to ask questions. Anyway, I'll copy-paste what I wrote in there, plus I have some new concerns that I'd like to get some feedback on

Vauban rework? Show me.

Ember rework? Show me.

Valkyr rework when?

Banshee rework when?

Did you ever consider changing the dynamics of the 6 syndicates (perrin, loka, red veil, arbiters, steel meridian, suda) and there by allowing players to pursue all 6 syndicates at the same time? Just asking because there isn't much to do in the game. I used to spend alot of time farming Kuva, but I'd like to change that since riven disposition changes make that absolutely pointless.

Speaking of...

Riven disposition changes need to change. They aren't healthy since it invalidates the time people put into farming kuva and rolling rivens; a system that YOU gave us in the first place, as an end-game of sorts. Every Prime Access, it seems to me that the disposition changes made have been sloppy at best, and seems to lack an acute focus. Like I stated before, Kuva and rivens should have been its own entire system giving the player the means to unlock more riven slots as you wish, farm more rivens as you wish, discard rivens as you wish and roll rivens in a much more user friendly environment that is tailored to giving players a progressive experience as long as you take the time and put in the work (i.e. play the game and the respective content) where you actually feel like you are growing stronger. The system should be scaling with MR and there should be an overhaul of the stat pool of rivens, removing ridiculous things such as negative damage as a possible stat OR giving players the ability to lock a stat (just the stat, not the %amount). Rivens were a form of empowerment and when you exhaust most of the content in Warframe, rivens are one of the few things remaining that has any sense of a "unique reward" behind it. But there you go again, hitting things with the nerf bat in a PvE game, claiming that you want to encourage diversity. There's more meaningful ways to do that, if you only would take the time to develop them.

Will you consider increasing the room cap on dojos at the moment? As the wiki says, there's an unofficial room limitation of 100 rooms in the dojo, beyond which you cannot build new rooms. It's very frustrating to carefully organise rooms in a simple but deliberate manner with this cap in place, while future-proofing your dojo in the event that we actually get new rooms to build...you know like that aquarium room that we never got. I am not one of those people who just place rooms wherever they fit. So please, increase the total number of rooms a dojo can have.

I feel like the highlight of Warframe so far for the year, was the Disruption event. I honestly thought we'd have gotten another one of those before the year ends but it doesn't seem like that. It also does not seem like the New War will be out by December, given than Railjack hasn't yet launched. I know you don't commit to hardcore release dates, but can you give us an update on the progress of Railjack and the New War? Do you at least, still believe that the New War will launch in December? Or should we start expecting it in 2020? I'm not rushing. I just want to know how much to temper my expectations.

Will kubrows and kavats ever get updates to their AI?

We have the Nikana, the Dragon Nikana and the Tatsu. Do you think we can have more katana-like melee weapons (like a tanto) or, generally, can we have more weapons that have eastern influences? Alot of times I feel like the "ninja" in "space ninja" is slowly bowing out of the game. And to be honest, I don't appreciate that.

Speaking of "ninja"...Do you all still plan to rework the movement system at some point, and bring back wall-running? I also miss that, and no I won't miss bunny-hopping across walls, if you were to remove that.

Lastly, will you ever consider putting more umbra frames into the game, as rewards for actual endgame content, as opposed to side-grade rewards such as the new arcanes and auras etc. I feel like over time, you all should realise what the problems with your endgame-like content are. One of these are the rewards. You should consider creating actual endgame content, where players are allowed to actually become stronger, as opposed to the allusion that they are becoming stronger, when in fact, they aren't. No, side-grades don't make you stronger. Here you can see the suggestion I made concerning this 

See you on the fourth.

Mandatory "Mirage Deluxe when?"

When are we getting quick melee back?

Is the Drydock gonna come in between this and the next stream, and if yes, what are the build requirements?

Finally, in one of the recent Devstreams, you guys said you are considering normal spawn rates for solo players (instead of the quarter spawns we have now). Any progress on that front?

P.S. Oh and could we maybe get a rouge-lite mode or something?

EDIT: Can we please get a sortie token system? I'm sick and tired of getting useless Kuva and even more useless Rivens.

I have all trust in DE for the content to come that we are already aware, so no question about that, but I have a subject of lower priority that interests me: Operator on K-drive.

I've heard about the possibility of K-drive for operator, and the worry about violent fall off, ragdoll, etc..

But why not consider rollers ?
They exist for some corpus units, futuristic rollers, like this :

Masquer le contenu

latest?cb=20151006210401

I can understand that rollers will not fit on every warframe, but on the operator, it should be easier, isn't it ?
Plus, it could be a serious addition to their cool kid attitude, and to their mobility.
With no energy to dash, operator are slow, even with maxed passive, at least compared with a warframe.
And because it's not a plank, it's doesn't restrict their movements, this could lead to very fluid combo movements with their void's dash.

And if they violently fall off, they go back into their warframe, without letting a K-drive behind ^^  ( <.< that's an important detail )

So, what have you to say about that ? 😛

Will we see the Orbiter in full in Empyrean? For player housing in space, we never see the full Orbiter in the game, which leads many new players to mistakenly assume the Orbiter and landing crafts are the same thing. Could we perhaps see an Orbiter docking bay in the dojo alongside the Railjack Drydock?

Hello. Are the Brilliant and Radiant Eidolon shards planned to be made available as ship decorations in the future? The regular Eidolon shard has been available for some time now as a offering from Onkko (renamed Eidolon Relic) to decorate your ship with. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Kuez said:

Hello!
(-The topic with some trivia; bolded questions)

-During his Sait of Altra pre-launch stream, Steve has sneak peeked something that could be described as Primed Orbiter interior:
PI2PI1PI3

Q: Is it coming? When? Is it a part of Accessories Pack? Also, are there plans for Prime Railjack/ Weapons/ Parts/ Accessories for Empyrean? While we're at it, ETA on Empyrean?

-Quite often, movement is impeded because of change of elevation within a level. That in itself would not be a problem - we are space ninjas, after all.
Here comes the problem, though: elevators (or at least some of them). More specifically, elevators with closed doors.

Q: Could all elevator doors be opened for those, more proficient at movement to be rewarded for their parkour abilities? Ideally all of the elevators could be kept in down position, so that the faster Tenno can either go up or down immediately, while the less proficient ones may use the elevator.

Examples:
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

-Another thing: cooperative door opening. More often than not, it has nothing to do with cooperation, but instead makes us wait for another person to spam the interaction button.

Q: Can we please get rid of cooperative door opening?

giphy.gif

-Yet another thing related to movement are warframe abilities, which prevent our frames from moving and/ or firing weapons.

While understandably some ultimate ability usage should definitely limit it (f.e. Mesa's Peacemaker, Revenant's Danse Macabre, Volt's Discharge, etc. - these make sense),
quite often it applies to less significant ones.
The period of casting is too short to make it a significant balancing factor, ending up as a design which makes the usage of these minor abilities much less fluid and ultimately less fun.

Q: Would you consider limiting the amount of abilities impeding movement and weapon firing to an absolute minimum and remaking existing ones?

As an example - Volt's Shock and Mesa's Ballistic Battery:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

-There is a significant amount of sigils at our disposal. Unfortunately we are limited when we want to gain standing for each of the 6 main syndicates.

Animated GIF

Q: Could we choose which syndicate to gain standing for, without having to equip a corresponding sigil on our frame? Maybe within the syndicate menu. Each rank would automatically apply increased bonus standing multiplier.

-Majority of the 6 main Syndicate rank icons are available as sigils, whereas all, representing Ostron, Quills, Ventkids and both Solaris are not.
Animated GIFAnimated GIF

Q: Could we please get these as sigils?

-One more thing concering syndicates, since Simaris is considered as syndicate...
Simaris

Q: Can we please add Simaris conversation skip?

-Every time a new Warframe comes out, we have to go through the exact same thing... A week of space flu.

Related image

Q: Can we PLEASE add a way to remove the cyst before the 7 day mark? F.e. Just being able to use the infested doors as soon as we're infested or vaccine that we equip in our arsenal and use on the frame of choice?

-Since looking at the minimap in a video game is a skill in itself...

Q: Could we get some minimap information upgrades? F.e. Different icons for eximuses, different icons for minor and major units, etc.

As an example, the Infested Tumor visibility is awesome:
Radar  ...something like that, but for specific units would be awesome.

-While seeing all of the yellow, orange and red critical damage numbers is really satisfyng, very often they obscure a lot of vision. It would be great to still be able to see them, while making enemies more visible.

Dmg

Q: Can we please get a damage numbers size slider? F.e. Similar to the chat text size option.

Fin.

The primed orbiter interior picture isnt loading for me, do you think you can post an imgur link?

1. What ever happened to those proto skins that are based off of Dark Sector weapons. They've been shown off only once and have faded into backburner. Is there going to ever be anything about them in the future?

2. Will there ever be any new syndicate weapon augments? Its been 84 years since we've gotten any new weapon augments from syndicates. We get a few new wawrframe power augments every few months, but nothing as far as weapons. Would be nice to see a resurgence of new syndicate mods for weapons.

3. Will we ever get the weapon that the vapos machinist / rangers use? They have an interesting burst fire assault rifle that would make a lovely collection to my arsenal. Its very well designed visually.

3f50aa51596e3799453eebac9a2c7990.jpg

Will we get Valkyr Deluxe Skin? I don’t count Gersimi as a ‘real’ deluxe.
Can the Void be made to a permanent location to crack relics?
Will there be more syndicate weapons?
Any plans on allowing Archwing Mission to be fissures, so the entire planet of Uranus can be used for fissure missions?
Can Kuva Fortress and Lua be Fissure-viable please?
Will Corrupted Mods get a look at again at some point? 
Where is single sword + pistol dual wielding?
Are there any plans for allowing dual wield with thrown weapons like the Kunai, Spira (Prime) or Hikou (Prime)?
Will we ever get primary and/or secondary stealth finishers/finishers?
Any news on the (promised) updates to current boss fights. Mainly Phorid, Sergeant?
Any plans for new Kavats? 
Any plan to buff Kubrows?
Is there a way to see how much xp each Weapon/Frame/Companion got in a mission when they are already level 30?
Is it possible to have us set up the "important" resources that pop up when we pick them up, like Tellurium and Argon Crystals?
Possible to add hours next to Usage in the profile?
Possible to access information about Usage in the last 28 Days, 365 Days in the Profile?
Would it be possible to add mouse over for the buffs at the top of the screen?
Will there be more stuff to unlock with focus points? Relic Packs bought with Focus?
Gentleman a short view back to the past. four years ago, Some Guy told us: "Take a trained monkey, place him in front of the computer and he is able to copter through the void." four years later years later some guy told us: "I had to move through the void like a robot. It's very complicated." And some other guy said, err, he pressed during the mission, I don't remember what mission, the wrong button on the keyboard. Question for you two both. Is warframe movement today too complicated with 20 and more buttons on the keyboard for movement, are you too much under effort, under pressure? What are your wishes for the future, concerning movement, errrm, during the race? Less buttons, more? Or less and more communication  with your lotus.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We’ll be in-game with Vauban and Ember showing off some upcoming changes

First of all, thank you very much for adding Atlas prime to conclave.

How will these changes be handled for pvp? For example, while Wukong was disabled from conclave, Nezha and Saryn got tweaks that carried over to it and haven't been rebalanced yet such as Miasma requiring 75 energy to cast (unlike the rest of fourth abilities), Nezha's divine spears getting an instant cast despite being a heavy damaging ability, or his warding halo offering a short immunity window and exploding to deal fire damage to enemies when destroyed. Which makes it kinda concerning when frames rebalanced for PvP get PvE tweaks.

On a sidenote, the last warframe added to conclave was Khora, which means that Revenant, Garuda, Baruuk, Hildryn, Wisp, and now Gauss aren't enabled for it and that no frames have gotten rebalanced for PvP in over a year, which gives no reason to bother with getting them other than mastery to people who prefers the PvP side of the game over the PvE one.

Can we have a weapon rebalance for PvP? It was really well tuned until the PvE changes around the release of the Plains of Eidolon that turned snipers into low recoil, fast firing - heavy caliber weapons and then 2018's PvE balance pass increases some damages, accuracies, and reduced recoils of powerful weapons that were balanced mostly for being harder to use, making them an obvious choice for PvP.

Will @[DE]joebuck ever be able to work again on the long forgotten conclave roadmap?

Will PvE ever be balanced so that the game gets some sort of challenge again? Back in 2013 we had a defined power ceiling that made the game harder and it helped a lot with its replayability despite having a small fraction of the content that warframe has nowadays and i can't remember people talking about "content drought" back then, but it happens now that there is a lot more to do and i guess it mostly comes from how easily can everything be trivialized now and makes every mission feel the same.

Why hasn't it been addressed yet? People who want to live a power fantasy will always be able to do it on low/mid level missions, but not even higher level content atm is hard enough to justify using all of our power, let alone the mechanics already existing in the game such as parkour as a positioning tool in a fight, for example.

41 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

Mayhaps I misremember then, I seem to recall that with the birth of the Twin Queens, the whole "symmetry bad" thing was brought to the fore because heck, these two were symmetric with each other.
Hm. I'll amend it and just ask for a weeby option to be added.

I totally agree with having the options for us! I mean hey, we weren't Orokin Elite; "Void Demons" can use some fashionable asymmetry when its cool. 😄

Will we ever get the option to turn off weapon auto swap on aim-glide? I mean will we ever be able to block-glide again? Not a big fan of losing parry during glide or dropping out of hysteria on Valkitty.

Are there any future plans to expand on Octavia's chord song creations? I'm refering to options to speed up or slow down notes and possibly add more so we can create a more distinct sound. Like being able to get a more thrash, power, death or black sound from it incase we are metal heads. Currently it all ends up in a more stoner, doom, rock or hard rock kinda area. When you try and do something resembling swedish black metal like Marduk or Dark Funeral i.e norse core, you more often than not end up with something that sounds like Darkthrone, Khold or parts of Satyricon's music i.e black 'n roll norwegian black metal. You simply cant get the proper speed to it all. Same kinda deal if you try and get some Slayer in there, it just never really hits the spot and just feels out of place. I'd also kill to get some folk music instrument sounds, like a violin and possibly a basic skin drum.

Could you please add all relevant information of Kubrow/ kavats to the genetic code imprints of pets i.e. all three colors, build, height, weight, energy color. 

I see a lot of players posting pics of their pets asking what color they are. 

This information should be listed on the genetic code imprint. 

Archived