Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Gentleman_Raven_

The more I look at Gauss...

the more I dislike his design. It's unfortunate, because when I heard there was going to be a speed based 'frame I was looking forward to it. Gauss is too clunky, too many hard edges and panels which doesn't make it streamlined. Most of the time DE does a really good job with 'frame design but imo they "phoned it in" with Gauss.

P.S. The only reason I brought it up is because he's on the loading screen. Your fault, DE.

Just now, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

the more I dislike his design.

And that is totally fine.
In a game with 40 (?) different characters you don't have to like everyone of them. You just play what you like and move on.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)1kSakura said:

I disagree, there are far worse looking non prime warframes than Gauss.

*laughs at banshee*

(ps, i love banshee, but only with her deluxe. The bigass frying pan of a head her base has is unplayable to me) 

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

DE does a really good job with 'frame design

Oberon Prime? lmao

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

*laughs at banshee*

(ps, i love banshee, but only with her deluxe. The bigass frying pan of a head her base has is unplayable to me) 

If she ever gets a rework. They should use her head as her exalted weapon.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

*laughs at banshee*

the heads i can deal with... its the granny slippers that do it for me.... WHY are they like a kid wearing adult flip flops?

I honestly thought Gauss was the best look frame of 2019. He looks very streamlined and made to go fast and while the panels opening up and that somehow makes him run more efficiently doesn’t make sense. It’s an added detail that looks really cool and adds some more flair to a frame who’s abilities aren’t all that flashy.

I see the armor plating as more of loose fitting to expand and rapidly contract on impact to deliver the kinetic explosion...Plus he looks sorta like Blur from the old 80s Transformers movie...

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I honestly thought Gauss was the best look frame of 2019. He looks very streamlined and made to go fast and while the panels opening up and that somehow makes him run more efficiently doesn’t make sense. It’s an added detail that looks really cool and adds some more flair to a frame who’s abilities aren’t all that flashy.

I believe this is what OP meant to say. 

I dunno about you, but I like walking around looking like a walking chrome mirror, he's so freaking SHINY *_*.

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

He looks very streamlined and made to go fast and while the panels opening up and that somehow makes him run more efficiently doesn’t make sense

Considering his Thermal Sunder (how absorbing heat gets gauge and releasing it drains gauge), it seems that his gauge is literally him converting his excess heating into extra juice for his powers. Therefore, the redline extension parts may openings or radiator panels enabling him to vent the even more excess heat generated by overclocking his systems when activating Redline.

Honestly, aside from the magic ability to flaunt thermodynamics in Thermal Sunder and momentum with Mach Rush, this might actually be the closest thing we have to a hard sci-fi Warframe.

Overall to me each frame has at least one combo of skin and helm that looks really cool.  And as time goes on more tennogen and deluxe skins will be added.

I do wish we would get tennogen on console faster and see more skins for frames who already have few skins.

Excalibur I'm looking at you..... no more skins please.  He has too many.

9 hours ago, (NSW)1kSakura said:

Haha yup! They did him dirty with the prime version 😂

Only the Helmet and the Shoulder pieces. The default Prime skin for Oberon actually looks really good with the Taurus helmet, the Spritsail Prime shoulder and leg pieces, and the Umbra chest piece.

Dunno dude, I like his looks. What I want now is a deluxe skin that goes for a more biological look instead of the mechanical one, I want the contrast.

16 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

Dunno dude, I like his looks. What I want now is a deluxe skin that goes for a more biological look instead of the mechanical one, I want the contrast.

Who oberon?

He has one thats all plant like.  Slap on the butterfly wings and it looks good.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Who oberon?

He has one thats all plant like.  Slap on the butterfly wings and it looks good.

Was talking about Gauss.