Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A random idea for fist weapons

devidedkong_pow

uhhhh

i'm not sure i understand but it sounds like you're saying you want the current Melee Aim Assist, but to be able to lock it?
i don't really know how this would be useful in a game where you regularly fight dozens of Enemies at a time, but uh
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe a small version of hysterical assault on every fist and maybe claw weapon? Would make the weapons low range less of a problem and make them better. Another way of thinking of it would be a lesser version of Atlas'... Was it rockslide? I don't actually remember the name of Atlas' punch ability. Rockfist or Atlas punching are the only things I remember.

1 hour ago, Cloudyvisage said:

Maybe a small version of hysterical assault on every fist and maybe claw weapon? Would make the weapons low range less of a problem and make them better. Another way of thinking of it would be a lesser version of Atlas'... Was it rockslide? I don't actually remember the name of Atlas' punch ability. Rockfist or Atlas punching are the only things I remember.

Likely would be half a pain for D.E. to properly setup a semi-lock on mode that would show a targeting crosshair on a enemy so you know which one your going to `snap` towards. Though otherwise the idea of being able to quick charge a enemy across a 5 or even 8 meter distance would be rather dandy. Granted they kind of have that in a invisible form for warframe ability casting, so it would just require D.E. to include a actual UI element to it and probably some other fine tuning which i hope could be included in the complete edition, of the melee revamp we are still bloody waiting on.

yea I Just thought about it too, and essentially what I am asking for is Atlas's 1 on all melee's just without the aoe. Which would REALLY make them feel nicer. I also agree just adding the UI element would also really help and make it feel that much better.

Edited by devidedkong_pow

I actually had this exact idea a few days ago. Fist weapons are nearly useless at current, but having them automatically move towards enemies similar to Atlas' 1 would be amazing and make them worth using again. As of right now the range and attack animations are so weak that they're useless against groups, but having them target one enemy and then move onto the next would fix this easily.

22 hours ago, taiiat said:

uhhhh

i'm not sure i understand but it sounds like you're saying you want the current Melee Aim Assist, but to be able to lock it?
i don't really know how this would be useful in a game where you regularly fight dozens of Enemies at a time, but uh
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it has to be a lock. Brutal Tide is unmitigated bullsh!t garbage, raw sewage in stance form. If you're not the host all you're going to be doing is flying off of ledges and hitting someone once on your way to a wall.

Edited by -Kittens-

3 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

it has to be a lock. Brutal Tide is unmitigated bullsh!t garbage, raw sewage in stance form. If you're not the host all you're going to be doing is flying off of ledges and hitting someone once on your way to a wall.

Granted before we even get into stances they would need to polish the various melee weapons to have much better identity. Things like Machetes, Rapiers, Sword & Whip, etc. are basically forgotten relics due to a lack of identity. Some useful ways they could give some stability would be:

1. Up the overall attack speed base so weapons that get ruined by bad attack speed bases can be useful. Probably 2nd most important stat after Range is Attack speed for Melee weapons.
  2. Give some weapon type gimmick to make them stand out. Such as if the weapon is more for single target focusing give it high multipliers to compensate for its lack of AoE mob destroying melee`age. Rapiers could certainly use a gag that maybe lets them passively bypass a portion of armor since they are suppose to be PIERCING weapons.
  3. Probably also make weapons that have low attack speed have much larger damage bases to greatly make up for it. Its not like you do much of a difference in building besides Blood rush setup or Condition overload setup if you have those, less you like mixing those. Since not using either is basically like not using multishot on primary/secondary guns at this point for medium-high level enemy mauling.

My dirtiest Dream about  fists weapon would  have a hit counter and every time It reach the top the weapon summons a titanic punch that deal huge DMG in 30meters range. It could be a passive for every fists WEP or an augment.

13 hours ago, Uan91 said:

My dirtiest Dream about  fists weapon would  have a hit counter and every time It reach the top the weapon summons a titanic punch that deal huge DMG in 30meters range. It could be a passive for every fists WEP or an augment.

Like a Dynasty Warriors super-attack, i dig it. 

On 2019-10-03 at 6:46 PM, Avienas said:

Granted before we even get into stances they would need to polish the various melee weapons to have much better identity. Things like Machetes, Rapiers, Sword & Whip, etc. are basically forgotten relics due to a lack of identity. Some useful ways they could give some stability would be:

1. Up the overall attack speed base so weapons that get ruined by bad attack speed bases can be useful. Probably 2nd most important stat after Range is Attack speed for Melee weapons.
  2. Give some weapon type gimmick to make them stand out. Such as if the weapon is more for single target focusing give it high multipliers to compensate for its lack of AoE mob destroying melee`age. Rapiers could certainly use a gag that maybe lets them passively bypass a portion of armor since they are suppose to be PIERCING weapons.
  3. Probably also make weapons that have low attack speed have much larger damage bases to greatly make up for it. Its not like you do much of a difference in building besides Blood rush setup or Condition overload setup if you have those, less you like mixing those. Since not using either is basically like not using multishot on primary/secondary guns at this point for medium-high level enemy mauling.

I actually agree heavily on all these points. And to be honest I have lots of ideas about melee as a whole, but this was my first post and I wanted to focus on something I actually had you know... An idea of what I was looking for XD

Edited by devidedkong_pow