Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss Files Now Available + Tool Update!

[DE]Taylor

Gauss Files are officially available in the Steam Workshop! It took a little longer than anticipated, but this Warframe was waiting on a TennoGen tool update to enable artists to make content for him.

Much like Revenant, he is made using new tech, so there are some missing textures in his ZIP file. It’s on you as the creator to make these maps yourself without any reference files.

Below is a list of what is included in the ZIP: 

• Normal
  • Emissive
  • Tintmask
  • Body and Helmet meshes

To be clear, you are expected to still make the specular, roughness, and diffuse maps -- we simply can’t send you a reference for comparison.

HELMET TRANSFORMATION
Much like Nidus, we are looking for Gauss helmets that make use of his Redline mechanic: parts should expand or be revealed when his ultimate is activated. How you choose to approach this is up to you!

TOOL UPDATE - TWO-CHANNEL EMISSIVES
Gauss was awaiting support for two-channel emissive maps (will replace old RGB emissive maps), which has been added to the tool today. This is a method that will help improve the softness and blending of emissives; one can accomplish this by putting the emissive information in the Red channel of the image. 

If you’re setting up a panning emissive, now you can simply place your scrolling mask in the Green channel of the same emissive texture instead of the Alpha channel.

• Like 3

my only idea for gau's to feature some sound effects, reload animation and body transformation, recasting abilities should matter, and should not be annoying,  changes so that redline is not annoying with it being recasts can be annoying, so additional sound efefcts would work, i only managed tothink that redline should have a makor or major  transformation like when archwing opens up, since redline doesnt really add any changes to melee or jumping and his other abilities dont benefit much from recasts. It sucks to use redlinon single handed weapons sometimes with long reloads the ability just wears off by then, i made other observations i cant remember, looking foward to a few additional hotpatches with extra sound effects or animations.

Edited by SnakeBadger

On 2019-10-13 at 11:47 PM, SnakeBadger said:

my only idea for gau's to feature some sound effects, reload animation and body transformation, recasting abilities should matter, and should not be annoying,  changes so that redline is not annoying with it being recasts can be annoying, so additional sound efefcts would work, i only managed tothink that redline should have a makor or major  transformation like when archwing opens up, since redline doesnt really add any changes to melee or jumping and his other abilities dont benefit much from recasts. It sucks to use redlinon single handed weapons sometimes with long reloads the ability just wears off by then, i made other observations i cant remember, looking foward to a few additional hotpatches with extra sound effects or animations.

bruh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...