Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Older player (57) etiquette question.

(PSN)spdwyblu05xrun

Question

When another player stands in front of me and does the "up and down" thing ....what does that mean? I can understand if I lay on the ground dying, one would say: "well, he was t-bagging you, Bob." But that's not it. It was after a sortie rescue. Lua, no less, and we were waiting on the platform to extract when a Rhino approached me and did " the thing". Now, am I insulting people when I don't do "the thing" in return? Or should I just do "the thing" when somethig really good happens? Like the 1st try on a Lua rescue sortie. Thanks in advance for explaining "the thing" to an old Tenno fart.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cmacq said:

Ah he's a young pup! Great to see you asking questions though. As a fellow old guy I am always curious when someone leaves the group as soon as we start - did I do something wrong? I mean none of us have really done anything yet......

People sometimes leave for the most random of reasons. In addition to those previous ones, some people will also just avoid being in a party with certain frames at all costs. Some frames that I've heard that people will auto-leave on are as follows:

• Limbo (Probably the most common 'offender')
  • Nyx
  • Nova
  • Vauban
  • Ember
  • Mesa
  • Saryn
  • Gara
  • Garuda
  • Volt

The reasons for these all range, but in all cases, it's due to their own perception/beliefs, and has nothing to do with you whatsoever. Hope it helps further explain that. Everything else everyone has also said are also reasons. 

On 2019-10-03 at 4:16 AM, Autongnosis said:

I do all kind of silly S#&$ waiting at evac if the rest of the team is slower or if i did a few runs with the same people. 

The crouch dance is kind of a budding ritual. As in i acknowledge you as a worthy fellow tenno.

I miss the Loki Switch Teleport shenanigans at extraction. It was esp funny if there was more than one Loki.

Every once in a while you get that Vauban that knows just where to put their Bounce pads or Nova with Worm Hole.

My friends are complete trolls. We used to spend the first 30 min of an endless mission trying to get each other killed.

il y a 10 minutes, Xzorn a dit :

My friends are complete trolls. We used to spend the first 30 min of an endless mission trying to get each other killed.

I have fond memories of the old farms in akkad where a vauban would cover the drop in room in bouncepads and make bouncy castles. 

Or the void runs in which the objective was to duel others by getting rad proced with the lasers. 

But particularly on this bit, i guess it's fair to at least try and give the enemies a fighting chance. Not like in that time frame they have any hope of doing the work themselves XD