Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best usage for PL on early game?

gbdinizxd

Question

Hi there!
I just bought 1000 PL and would like to know the best usage for me as a new player. I also bought the starter pack, so im already boosted on exp!
Right now im almost at mastery 5 and got frost prime, vectis prime (from twitch prime ages ago, didn even play by that time) and am building an oberon and a rhino!
Guess the best usage is for cosmetics and slots, but would like to hear some other opinions xD
Thanks! and sry for my bad english 😛

9 answers to this question

Slots to have more things, before you have steady access to much for Forma or Orokin Reactors/Catalysts possibly those, Et Cetera.
mostly capacity for stuff and things.

Boosters uh, can be useful if you are pretty short on time, however getting Boosters for free has become increasingly possible over the years (though not in a predictable fashion so you'd have to wait for the opportunities).

if you're not sure you can trust yourself to keep the Plat rather than spending it on __, you could go and buy Warframe/Weapon Slots like 10 times a piece, maybe Sentinel Slots once or twice as well.

technically, buying Cosmetics is the worst possible use of Plat since the Cosmetics don't actually do anything. they can't strictly be a... 'good usage' of it. but that's not why people buy Cosmetics, now is it.

I would suggest slots. Weapon and Warframe first. Also, try not to let your plat burn a hole in your pocket. As you level up and get more familiar with the game you will find things you need (like more slots) that you will need your plat for. Also, if you buy anything from the in game trade chat, makes sure you price check it first. I hate to say it, but there are people that will try to rip you off since your new. The warframe.market website is a good place to get an idea of what things should cost.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gbdinizxd said:

Guess the best usage is for cosmetics and slots

Slots, maybe some Reactors / Catalysts / Forma bundles, possibly a Mod or two that you think might help greatly.

Only then go for cosmetics I'd say, e.g. a Color Pack bundle can make a big difference in making Frames "your own" I've found.

Slots and proper rare mods like maiming strike, argon scope, maxed important mods Primed Pressure Point. Plenty of Ayatan Treasure and a 30 day Credit booster if you can already do Index and rush maxing mods like Serration, Split Chamber, Vitality, and Corrupted mods. 

These are probably the ones that holds its value even after you're at MR 20+. 

Personally Id invest in rivens but you'll need experience and alot of playing time to make profit of that.

7 minutes ago, SastusBulbas said:

Slots. Take your time spending, try and grind mods at 1st.

This. If you can trust yourself to just store it, just keep it around and slowly expand your weapon and warframe (and companion and archwing) slots as you need to. I'd be verrrrrrry cautious in putting a potato in anything when you're first starting out until you're positive you want to keep using it long-term. You'll want to eventually, likely somewhere between Saturn and Neptune, but by then you should have a fairly sound idea of a weapon/frame that you like and don't mind investing in some; and you may even have gotten some from alerts, Nightwave, or even events (like the Balor Fomorian event that's ongoing now).

vor 20 Stunden schrieb gbdinizxd:

Hi there!
I just bought 1000 PL and would like to know the best usage for me as a new player. I also bought the starter pack, so im already boosted on exp!
Right now im almost at mastery 5 and got frost prime, vectis prime (from twitch prime ages ago, didn even play by that time) and am building an oberon and a rhino!
Guess the best usage is for cosmetics and slots, but would like to hear some other opinions xD
Thanks! and sry for my bad english 😛

A couple warframe and weapon slots and the 2 orokin potatos.

If you want, get a weapon from the store, but better read the wiki about them, before you buy subpar stuff with Plat. Same for frames. DO NOT BUY THINGS RANDOMLY.

• Like 1