Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Japanese - Recruit Ninjas Button

amicha2

Japanese translation of the RECRUIT NINJAS button currently reads:

友人をゲームに紹介

This sentence doesn't make any sense; uses of particles are inappropriate.  It should be

友人ゲーム紹介

You can verify it by clicking on [CONTACTS] and look at the lower right corner of the contacts overlay under Japanese UI. 

Note that the Japanese sentence 友人にゲームを紹介 is not a straight translation of the English sentence Recruit Ninjas.  It literally means “Introduce the game to friends”.  Although I don't think it's wise to translate a motivating and exciting expression "Recruit Ninjas" into a simple phrase "Introduce the game to fried", this change should be intentional (it is hardly a translation mistake), and I only corrected grammatical errors.

Edited by amicha2

Japanese translation of the RECRUIT NINJAS button currently reads:

友人をゲームに紹介

This sentence doesn't make any sense; uses of particles are inappropriate.  It should be

友人ゲーム紹介

You can verify it by clicking on [CONTACTS] and look at the lower right corner of the contacts overlay under Japanese UI. 

Note that the Japanese sentence 友人にゲームを紹介 is not a straight translation of the English sentence Recruit Ninjas.  It literally means “Introduce the game to friends”.  Although I don't think it's wise to translate a motivating and exciting expression "Recruit Ninjas" into a simple phrase "Introduce the game to fried", this change should be intentional (it is hardly a translation mistake), and I only corrected grammatical errors.

Thank you for your report.

It seems that the latter "Recruit Ninjas" text was implemented after the original "Refer Friend" text has been translated.

I have now fixed the text to something more befitting.

Edit: I had a talk with DE's in-house translator about this matter.

It seems she would rather prefer comprehensibility over Ninja-puns. Therefore, the "Refer a Friend" will be dubbed

「 友人に招待」rather than Refer a Ninja.

Edited by dyuxi

• 1 month later...

Hi, Hunter,

I noticed that the button label is changed to "友人に招待". Unfortunately, I need to say it is still wrong. 

If you use "紹介", an appropriate particle is "に", and the correct sentence is "友人紹介". However, if you use "招待", "を" is appropriate, and the correct sentence is "友人招待". 

P.S., if you want to add the word "game" as in the original translation, the correct sentence is either "友人ゲーム紹介" or "友人ゲーム招待".

Hope this helps.

Edited by amicha2

Hi, Hunter,

I noticed that the button label is changed to "友人に招待". Unfortunately, I need to say it is still wrong. 

If you use "紹介", an appropriate particle is "に", and the correct sentence is "友人紹介". However, if you use "招待", "を" is appropriate, and the correct sentence is "友人招待". 

P.S., if you want to add the word "game" as in the original translation, the correct sentence is either "友人ゲーム紹介" or "友人ゲーム招待".

Hope this helps.

Thanks again, I'll see what I can do.

Let me take this chance to answer your question for the other topic posted about the  "チーム XXX レストア (小)" problem.

The reason why I have trouble matching the Japanese lines to the original English ones are because these small details

gets edited/updated ever so frequently by DE and they are hardly noticeable. 

(first it was "refer a friend", then "recruit a ninja" then this and that... etc.)

We went as far as to calling these sneaky changes the "ninja edits"... a befitting nickname I'm sure.

Anyways, the chances are that these recent mistakes are caused due to me missing a few ninja edits that

scratched out the original texts and had it updated.

I try as much as I could to prevent these little details from slipping through my grip... but it's hard to do so when I'm taking on 

the translation almost alone.

Thus, your keen eyes are really saving my neck here. So thanks again.

And if I may add, if you're interested you might want to check up with DE if there's any opening in the translation team.

I'm pretty sure they had an opening... and we really could use help from someone like you.