Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Punch Through mods

KittySkin

Well, just asking. Why theres no secondary dualstat punch through mod for secondaries? Like shred of seeking fury?

It would be neat to have something along the lines of +PT +MS so we can replace lethal torrent with it if we want more crowd control while keeping the multishot.

Also, when primed seeking fury? Haha

• Like 2

Il y a 11 heures, peterc3 a dit :

Inherent drawback to the Secondaries. If you want lots of PT, you use Primaries. Secondaries are designed for single target.

Secondaries aren't designed for single target at all, many actually are dealing with crowds (explosive, punch through or multi target). The main difference between primary and secondary is that the first category has lots of sniper rifles and bows with innate punch through. 

It's quite the opposite actually, many primary weapons are way more rounded for single target than actual close range crowded fights. What's weird though is that a lot of primary weapons do have innate punch through and thus make such mods not that useful - unless i'm using an assault rifle i wouldn't care much about a primed shred.

• Like 1

On a related /note, can we all agree that the Capacity costs on the pure Punch Through Mods need to be lowered already?

15 Capacity is kind of very ridiculous when you can have "good enough" PT plus another useful stat on e.g. Nightmare Mods, for less.

4 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

There is a dire need for a Dualstat PT mod for secondaries to match the Shotguns and Rifles. 

Oh man.  If they give us that, then my Dex Pixia and AkBolto Primes will be even more powerful than they already are with the Prime secondary mods.  Hehe....

*que evil laugh*

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On 2019-10-04 at 12:08 PM, NinjaZeku said:

On a related /note, can we all agree that the Capacity costs on the pure Punch Through Mods need to be lowered already?

15 Capacity is kind of very ridiculous when you can have "good enough" PT plus another useful stat on e.g. Nightmare Mods, for less.

No. Punch Through is another source of damage multiplier that stacks with crit, base damage, and multishot AND NEGATES COVER. A strong gas weapon with PT can oneshot an entire platoon. 

3 minutes ago, el_chanis said:

No. Punch Through is another source of damage multiplier that stacks with crit, base damage, and multishot AND NEGATES COVER. A strong gas weapon with PT can oneshot an entire platoon. 

Maybe you misread my post or something, dunno.

My point was:

15 Capacity for Punch Through

vs

11 Capacity for Punch Through + a further DPS-boosting effect

... just doesn't seem okay to me, do you disagree?

It's similar to those pure +Status Mods that cost more and do less than the 60% elemental Dual Stats,
these are Mods that need to be re-evaluated in terms of cost vs effect.

15 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Maybe you misread my post or something, dunno.

My point was:

15 Capacity for Punch Through

vs

11 Capacity for Punch Through + a further DPS-boosting effect

... just doesn't seem okay to me, do you disagree?

It's similar to those pure +Status Mods that cost more and do less than the 60% elemental Dual Stats,
these are Mods that need to be re-evaluated in terms of cost vs effect.

the amount of PT matters. Yes, there are completely idiotic mods with ridiculous costs (and effects), but high PT it could be equated to high multishot, and should cost similarly.