Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hexsing

Frames and Fun

Im trying to see if there is a new frame that would be interesting to farm and get or use.  I have always suffered from altitis.  So I know thats a thing.

I have the following. Khora (Fun) Nyx (Favorite) Wisp (Second Fave) Zephyr (Third Fave) Mag, Saryn (Hate her) Mirage (Hate her more than Saryn) Trinity (Dont mind her but she gets boreing) and Octavia. (Barely used her)  Titania (Meh).

That is my current list to choose from but I have the itch to find another Frame to play.  

I like pretty versatile frames, but I am craving a frame with interesting mechanics.  They dont need to be OP. Just something that I can have fun with. 

So...whos the most fun.  I realize fun is subjective.  Some people like.melting face. Some people like CC.  Some folks love mobility.

I like all of those things.

If you like a versatile warframe, I can recommend nezha

Combining divine spear (4) with blazing chakram (2) will give multiple rings that ping-ponging on enemies. Add reaping chakram and it becomes a sudden mini nuke with ability to flood the area with health orbs with energy orbs occasionally

Warding halo (3) is a good defensive ability with 90% damage reduction. Add adaptation and you have quite a tank without relying on armor too much

Fire walker (1) is a mobility booster for 25% speed boost. Coupled with lower friction on slide makes him a good map runner that doesn't cause nausea

6 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

-snip-

You sound like you need some Gauss in your life, easy-ish to farm and a different playability. 

Should quelch that hunger in you... Or go for a Nidus/Vauban if you like piñatas. ;D

Cheers

Nezha/Wukong. Someone else already mentioned Nezha, so I'll go onto Wukong.

Wukong has his Celestial Twin, which with weapons like Zarr/Acceltra/Talons, is quite awesome to see. Cloudwalker gives you speed/mobility/healing. Defy absorbs damage and dishes it back to the enemies. Primal Fury is awesome to use although you may get tired of the combos, but that's melee for you.

i would say Nezha
his slide passive is way too fun ( and fast too )

also wukong is pretty good after his rework
you can move really fast with his cloudwalker now

32 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

Some people like.melting face. Some people like CC.  Some folks love mobility.

I like all of those things.

And yet you apparently hate Mirage. Yeah, fun is a subjective thing, but sometimes, you are objectively wrong. This is one of those times.

43 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

versatile frames, (...) with interesting mechanics.

200.gif

Gara or Nidus would be my suggestion Gauss while being my favorite frame is tricky to use well. I think nidus and zephyr are good primers for him. Though I will say I started playing Gauss before the repairs to his kit so learning him might have changed

Equinox may be a good choice.  Two forms with different abilities for each form, some interesting builds possible with healing, cc and nuking.  Luckily now a prime version which is easier to acquire than the basic frame.

2 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Thems fightin' words.

Im sorry.  I just tried and tried and tried.  And I just can't.  I really did try

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

And yet you apparently hate Mirage. Yeah, fun is a subjective thing, but sometimes, you are objectively wrong. This is one of those times.

I found that pressing 1 and 3 was dull.  It is effective but I did find it dull.  Her two is odd and her 4 a little unwieldy.  Its certainly no offense.  I for some reason just couldn't get into her.  

I do appreciate having one on my squad though.

I'm researching Nezha as so many mentioned.

Is Nekros fun?  

27 minutes ago, Invisibleaxeman said:

Equinox may be a good choice.  Two forms with different abilities for each form, some interesting builds possible with healing, cc and nuking.  Luckily now a prime version which is easier to acquire than the basic frame.

I am curious about this one.  I read some builds and lots of options here.  

I S#&$ a lot on Gauss but he's pretty fun honestly. Using him is really satisfying.

Wukong is also pretty good. He has a nice and fluid kit. The clone is really good at killing and it will do the emotes with you.

And I like Hildryn too.

4 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

I for some reason just couldn't get into her.

I'm sorry,  but I just thought of something totally inappropriate ;)

Yes, I'm immature.

4 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I S#&$ a lot on Gauss but he's pretty fun honestly. Using him is really satisfying.

Wukong is also pretty good. He has a nice and fluid kit. The clone is really good at killing and it will do the emotes with you.

And I like Hildryn too.

Hildryn!  I have not read a lot about her.  I should take a look.

Just now, Hexsing said:

Hildryn!  I have not read a lot about her.  I should take a look.

She's kinda under rated. But she can scale well against any faction that is not infested. And even against infested she's not all that bad.

Her 1st is a pretty powerful CC blaster that ragdolls enemies. And combined with her 4th she's a straight up attack helicopter. She's also tanky enough for almost every content.

I can really recommend her.

32 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

Is Nekros fun?  

If you’re looking for mobility or face-melting, I’d look elsewhere. His most “fun” abilities imo are Soul Punch (which basically just ragdolls your targets) and Shadows of the Dead (which summons enemies that you killed to fight for you, not really useful as an offensive ability).

Nekros is great for farming, surprisingly tanky if you utilize certain augments, and can CC/armor strip in a pinch but that’s about it. I wish he hadn’t been designated a loot frame, since the rest of his kit/theme had to suffer for it.

3 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Thems fightin' words.

No these are fighting words.

Mirage is a bad frame. The only thing she has going for her is her 1 and her 3 if gives you the buff you need when you need it. So pretty much just her 1.

2 hours ago, Hexsing said:

Im sorry.  I just tried and tried and tried.  And I just can't.  I really did try

Well, I was only joking.

You could try Volt though.  Don't let the fact that he's a starter frame fool you. He is easily one of the most versatile frames in the game.

Can nuke and CC (4th ability). Can melt face and "tank" (his electric shields are invincible and also boost damage) Can speed run (2nd ability).

Starchart? Easy. ESO? No problem. Eidolons? A good volt is worth his weight in gold.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No these are fighting words.

Mirage is a bad frame. The only thing she has going for her is her 1 and her 3 if gives you the buff you need when you need it. So pretty much just her 1.

Mirage is one of the best nukes in the game.

Fite me.