Hexsing

Frames and Fun

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Mirage is a bad frame. The only thing she has going for her is her 1 and her 3 if gives you the buff you need when you need it. So pretty much just her 1.

I always thought she was a more interesting Chroma. Her buffs can be better, and her abilities are much cooler too. 😞

3 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I'm sorry,  but I just thought of something totally inappropriate 😉

Yes, I'm immature.

3 hours ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

If you’re looking for mobility or face-melting, I’d look elsewhere. His most “fun” abilities imo are Soul Punch (which basically just ragdolls your targets) and Shadows of the Dead (which summons enemies that you killed to fight for you, not really useful as an offensive ability).

Nekros is great for farming, surprisingly tanky if you utilize certain augments, and can CC/armor strip in a pinch but that’s about it. I wish he hadn’t been designated a loot frame, since the rest of his kit/theme had to suffer for it.

I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking of him or Hyrdoid.  I may need a farm frame eventually.

6 hours ago, Hexsing said:

Im trying to see if there is a new frame that would be interesting to farm and get or use.  I have always suffered from altitis.  So I know thats a thing.

I have the following. Khora (Fun) Nyx (Favorite) Wisp (Second Fave) Zephyr (Third Fave) Mag, Saryn (Hate her) Mirage (Hate her more than Saryn) Trinity (Dont mind her but she gets boreing) and Octavia. (Barely used her)  Titania (Meh).

That is my current list to choose from but I have the itch to find another Frame to play.  

I like pretty versatile frames, but I am craving a frame with interesting mechanics.  They dont need to be OP. Just something that I can have fun with. 

So...whos the most fun.  I realize fun is subjective.  Some people like.melting face. Some people like CC.  Some folks love mobility.

I like all of those things.

Here's some ideas, worth trying for fun and not always end game viable.

1. Ember- build for 175% efficiency, use her number 2 to stun enemies for a little while, use number 4 with augment to help knock down enemies, then melt everything with a Heat/Viral Atomos.  No riven need.  You will get killed sometimes, fair warning.

2. Gara- Use number 2 for great damage resistance.  Jump into a group of enemies and turn them to glass with her number 4.  Then melt everything around you with a Gaze, Ignis, Amprex, or Atomos again.  Great fun.

3. Volt- Build for high duration and high strength, 175% each should be good. Range not needed as much.  Use his number 2 augment and speed past every enemy as they get electric proc.  Poor enemies.

4. Limbo- His only useful build has Loot Detector Aura and Thief's Wit Exilus mod.  Build for max range, run Mariana on Earth to destroy containers with his number 4.  Loot everything that shows up on map and find the sculptures.

5.Equinox- Use the augment on her number 1 ability and see what weapons are best with your clone.  Clone wrecks everything around you at minimal Energy cost, despite Equinox being able to wreck everything without the clone.  Double wreck everything. Fun.  Also put enemies to sleep with Night-number 2 ability and explode them at your leisure.

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

She’s about as nuke capable as Nyx.

Nyx's number 2 augment combine 100% armor strip with a long lasting stun.  It's not like a nuke, but she can be amazing.

2 minutes ago, Proslackernifty said:

Here's some ideas, worth trying for fun and not always end game viable.

1. Ember- build for 175% efficiency, use her number 2 to stun enemies for a little while, use number 4 with augment to help knock down enemies, then melt everything with a Heat/Viral Atomos.  No riven need.  You will get killed sometimes, fair warning.

2. Gara- Use number 2 for great damage resistance.  Jump into a group of enemies and turn them to glass with her number 4.  Then melt everything around you with a Gaze, Ignis, Amprex, or Atomos again.  Great fun.

3. Volt- Build for high duration and high strength, 175% each should be good. Range not needed as much.  Use his number 2 augment and speed past every enemy as they get electric proc.  Poor enemies.

4. Limbo- His only useful build has Loot Detector Aura and Thief's Wit Exilus mod.  Build for max range, run Mariana on Earth to destroy containers with his number 4.  Loot everything that shows up on map and find the sculptures.

5.Equinox- Use the augment on her number 1 ability and see what weapons are best with your clone.  Clone wrecks everything around you at minimal Energy cost, despite Equinox being able to wreck everything without the clone.  Double wreck everything. Fun.  Also put enemies to sleep with Night-number 2 ability and explode them at your leisure.

Equinox seems to fit my bill as well as Hildryn and Volt.  

Equinox kind of has things I like about Nyx and Wisp.  So she has that versatility.

Although I am researching Wukong as well.

And sorry for the mirage war.  Wasnt my intention.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

I always thought she was a more interesting Chroma. Her buffs can be better, and her abilities are much cooler too. 😞

Just because she’s visually more interesting and has more in depth mechanics doesn’t make her good.

2 still does absolutely nothing

3 is unreliable

4 is over nerfed garbage.

32 minutes ago, Proslackernifty said:

Nyx's number 2 augment combine 100% armor strip with a long lasting stun.  It's not like a nuke, but she can be amazing.

1 good ability doesn’t make a good frame.

• Haha 1

You seem to like female frames, 

So Equinox is what I would suggest, it would be pretty complex or braindead easy depending on how you want to build her. 

12 hours ago, Hexsing said:

I'm researching Nezha as so many mentioned.

Is Nekros fun?  

As a Nekros main. yes, if you like more loot, Nekros is good. Although, I would also recommend Hydroid because he's one of the most versatile frames out there. He could literally be built to do anything to a certain degree. He just can't Eidolon hunt. Gara is also quite versatile. Ash is very situational versatile.

Oberon is quite a swiss knife. There's a lot more going on with his abilities than one might think, great for both support and solo, for almost any type of mission. Many different builds possible, depending on your playstyle and mission. He's tanky, he heals, he buffs, he do cc, he strips armor, he can make you and allies immune to status and knockdowns, and he can even solo Tridolons.

Definitely a frame you should have available. 

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

She’s about as nuke capable as Nyx.

Not comparable, given Mirage can just use Javlok to set herself on fire and always abuse the "Light" buff for damage.

18 minutes ago, Frennick said:

Not comparable, given Mirage can just use Javlok to set herself on fire and always abuse the "Light" buff for damage.

And probably killing herself in the process. 

Posted (edited)

I recently got Limbo and I'd say he is quite tricky to play. I built him with 240 duration and negative range but his playstyle is a bit particular. Rolling Guard is great on him however if you have that mod.

Most frames are fun in their own way. Personally I tend to dislike nukes like Saryn or Mesa. I have more fun with particular frames like Harrow or Nyx. Or Ivara. Ivara is actually amazing with a good build.

But Wukong and Nezha are some of the frame you should absolutely aim to get. Wukong is even useful for cheesing Spy mission since his cloud can get him through laser doors, and there's a ton of amazing weapon synergy you can find with the clone.

Banshee is also very fun for me, though she's extra squishy and requires good mods and the sonar augment to work properly. But she's powerful and if you learn to stay alive with her she definitely can carry her weight.

I also dislike Mirage. Her 3 is just too unreliable. Both buff are good but asking a squishy frame to stand on one particular spot to get the buff you want at the moment you want is completely the opposite of what warframe is about. Being able to just cast the buff we want would be really appreciated...

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

45 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

And probably killing herself in the process. 

The single fire dot proc barely does any damage, thus it can easily be modded for status duration to keep your buff running. You don't mod it for damage, just to activate your buff.

12 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

1 good ability doesn’t make a good frame.

I think of all of Nyx's kit is amazing. Oddly her 4 is the one I dislike the most.  It just doesn't work for me.  It has its place. But Mind Control, Chaos and Psychic Bolts is pretty great.  

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You seem to like female frames, 

So Equinox is what I would suggest, it would be pretty complex or braindead easy depending on how you want to build her. 

To be fair.  When I joined WF my BF I was not sure id like it. So I grabbed Mag.  I liked her well enough.  I had fun with her.  But I think the initial learning curve of the game was oveewhelming so I ditched it for a little.

My BF has been playing for a long time and had plat and wanted me to get back into it.  So he used plat to by the Femme Fatal pack or something.  Which came with Nyx, Banshee, Saryn, and I think someone else.  I think Zephyr was in the pack too. 

I built Mirage and the rest.  

I then won a prize and got Wisp and Trinity cuz I usually play healers.

I am not at all opposed to playing male frames.  Actually. 

The frames I want are now:

Equinox, Nekros, Nidus, Wukong and I really want Nezha now after this thread.

5 hours ago, (PS4)TertulSee said:

As a Nekros main. yes, if you like more loot, Nekros is good. Although, I would also recommend Hydroid because he's one of the most versatile frames out there. He could literally be built to do anything to a certain degree. He just can't Eidolon hunt. Gara is also quite versatile. Ash is very situational versatile.

Hyrdoid sounds cool.  I like the idea of both

I fall in the mobility category..but I really enjoy Zephyr for her low gravity...I have no problem using that to my advantage and I find that enjoy Gauss..so much so I'm sorta depressed I'll probably be dead by the time a Prime version is released...

• Satisfied 1

20 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I fall in the mobility category..but I really enjoy Zephyr for her low gravity...I have no problem using that to my advantage and I find that enjoy Gauss..so much so I'm sorta depressed I'll probably be dead by the time a Prime version is released...

Zephyr and her floatiness is pretty great.  I like to hover and use grenade weapons and shout "Death From Above".

She's fun.  Gauses cod piece bothers me.  A lot.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Frennick said:

That’s not what I would call a good work around. Inflicting self damage on a frame that can’t tank is just a big no.

Not to mention that an extremely specific niche that you have to do. Her 3 should just be a toggle between light and dark that the player can control.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hexsing said:

I think of all of Nyx's kit is amazing. Oddly her 4 is the one I dislike the most.  It just doesn't work for me.  It has its place. But Mind Control, Chaos and Psychic Bolts is pretty great.  

Mind controls AI is useless. It spends more time walking around than actually shooting things

Psychic bolts is ok. Not great, just ok. It also makes no sense for Nyx’s theme.

Chaos quite frankly isn’t that great of a CC anymore. It’s this long, movement stopping cast time for a CC that doesn’t even lock down enemies.

Absorb is garbage.

Nyx is kind of in a garbage place right now. Her rework was supposed to help her, but all it did was highlight her issues even further. Tho what can you really expect when the changes were designed by the person who came up with Revenants abilities. She was kind of doomed from the start.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Woah 1

18 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Mind controls AI is useless. It spends more time walking around than actually shooting things

Psychic bolts is ok. Not great, just ok. It also makes no sense for Nyx’s theme.

Chaos quite frankly isn’t that great of a CC anymore. It’s this long, movement stopping cast time for a CC that doesn’t even lock down enemies.

Absorb is garbage.

Nyx is kind of in a garbage place right now. Her rework was supposed to help her, but all it did was highlight her issues even further. Tho what can you really expect when the changes were designed by the person who came up with Revenants abilities. She was kind of doomed from the start.

OP thinks Nyx is a fun frame.

Thread is about fun frames, not meta frames.

/argument

• Satisfied 1