Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames and Fun

Hexsing

23 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That’s not what I would call a good work around. Inflicting self damage on a frame that can’t tank is just a big no.

Not to mention that an extremely specific niche that you have to do. Her 3 should just be a toggle between light and dark that the player can control.

Chroma does the same. Most use self inflicting weapons after using Vex Armor to beef it up, instead of waiting for enemy to do damage.

Both die to focused fire, although Mirage have a higher chance of avoiding it due to mirrors. Chroma does have added armor based on shield damage, but since the damage bonus is prefered, shields points are rarely modded.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Mind controls AI is useless. It spends more time walking around than actually shooting things

Psychic bolts is ok. Not great, just ok. It also makes no sense for Nyx’s theme.

Chaos quite frankly isn’t that great of a CC anymore. It’s this long, movement stopping cast time for a CC that doesn’t even lock down enemies.

Absorb is garbage.

Nyx is kind of in a garbage place right now. Her rework was supposed to help her, but all it did was highlight her issues even further. Tho what can you really expect when the changes were designed by the person who came up with Revenants abilities. She was kind of doomed from the start.

I do agree with some of the points.  I have the most fun with Nyx though and she has carried me further than others.  I have also carried teams of friends with her. 

I do agree she needs a little love.  But I use most everything in her kit...not as much the 4.  

Nyx is my most fun frame.  

I do admit she has her issues. But I even started doing the fashion stuff with her because she is sort of my go too.

8 minutes ago, Frennick said:

Chroma does the same. Most use self inflicting weapons after using Vex Armor to beef it up, instead of waiting for enemy to do damage.

Both die to focused fire, although Mirage have a higher chance of avoiding it due to mirrors. Chroma does have added armor based on shield damage, but since the damage bonus is prefered, shields points are rarely modded.

Chroma doesn’t need to do it tho. He also gets both DR and Damage buff at the same time.

Also, what do I do if I want the darkness buff? What if I want the 95% damage reduction? Oh? There’s no Restrictive exploit for that? Well then I guess I’ll stick to chroma because he’s actually RELIABLE.

On the topic of Mirage. I do like having one in my squad. I just really suck playing her.  I'm just horrible.  I find Hall of Mirrors distracts me more than my enemies.

I'm not denying that it is more the operator (Me) than the frame.  Mirage and I just don't Gel.  I might as well login dead.  Cuz thats how I end up.

I might also add that with Titania I spend most of my time as a tiny bug smashing into walls.  So...again. My issue.  Not the frame.

Edited by Hexsing

4 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

On the topic of Mirage. I do like having one in my squad. I just really suck playing her.  I'm just horrible.  I find Hall of Mirrors distracts me more than my enemies.

I'm not denying that it is more the operator (Me) than the frame.  Mirage and I just don't Gel.  I might as well login dead.  Cuz thats how I end up.

I might also add that with Titania I spend most of my time as a tiny bug smashing into walls.  So...again. My issue.  Not the frame.

Nah don't sweat it.

Mirage has always been a polarizing frame from the start and people either love her or hate her.

Well, that or people just forget she exists.

1 hour ago, carbman95 said:

Try Ivara, fun to play around with, at least for me. If you don't want to farm spy missions, her prime is probably next but you need to wait. I didn't mind farming her.

Oddly I forgot Ivara.  I have never seen her played.  Or have never been in a sqaud with her.  Her kit seems cool.

I usually use Wisp for spies because will o wisp teleports me though gates and things.

21 hours ago, Hexsing said:

Equinox seems to fit my bill as well as Hildryn and Volt.  

Equinox kind of has things I like about Nyx and Wisp.  So she has that versatility.

Although I am researching Wukong as well.

And sorry for the mirage war.  Wasnt my intention.

Equinox is a good one, I hope you enjoy. Get the prime before she gets vaulted 😃

Volt also has that invincible shield for number 3, which is pretty ridiculous.  Very good frame, and good augments.

2 hours ago, Proslackernifty said:

Equinox is a good one, I hope you enjoy. Get the prime before she gets vaulted 😃

Volt also has that invincible shield for number 3, which is pretty ridiculous.  Very good frame, and good augments.

My close friend plays volt from the start and swears by him.  

I usually play with close friends.  Its kind of our thing.

My friends usually play the following.

Nidus

Volt

Rhino or he plays Chroma

And I usually play Nyx or Wisp.  However they generally always ask me to play Trinity.  I play a EV + Channeling melee with Trin.  

But I am usually the crowd control. I dunno.  

I have gotten a lot of great advice from this. Its nice to hear who or which frames you love. It really does show that everyone has such different playstyles. 

I came from another game where everyone literally ran 1 build.  So this is refreshing.

I'll prolly check out Equinox and oddly Hydroid.

I was looking up videos on every frame and those two stand out.

Limbo sounds cool. But I know I would plain up make peoples lives miserable.

I think a night Equinox sounds like my play style.

Thanks everyone.