Lykk3

Riven Disposition changes only makes things worse, never better.

Posted (edited)

First, I suck at English.. And can't be bother with spell checking.. Rough day :)

So heres my take..

Most weapons, if not all of them are uses because of there base stats or how the mechanics work in the game, and not there riven potential.. example, they buff Tonkor Rivens Dis. which has no affect what so ever if people are going to roll with it or (It has other mechanics problem). And few people have rivens for the weapons affected by the buff/nerf, so again, only hurting thous that does. I would think that the majority of people only have Riven for the weapons with the best stats and/or mechanics, so it's the majority of players this affect, in a negative way. I think the reason behind thies nerfs/buff to riven disp. is to make more weapons viable, and balance the powers of weapons. Tho I never see this happening with only a Riven Dis. changes. So what DE is doing it basically only nerfing.. And no player enjoys that, especially not if they invested a lot of time (kuva, farming etc.) to get the max out of the riven as possible. 

At least that how I feel. - Could be i'm just to short sights on this "issue" 

Feel free so share your own though if any.

Edited by Lykk3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Rivers are meant to be for fun. People take them way too seriously. And it has been stated several times that melee riven won't be adjusted till melee 3.0 comes out.

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 18

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Rivers are meant to be for fun. People take them way too seriously. And it has been stated several times that melee riven won't be adjusted till melee 3.0 comes out.

EDIT. And it has been stated several times that melee riven won't be adjusted till melee 3.0 comes out. - REMOVED

Thanks

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Rivers are meant to be for fun

People who invested excessive amounts of time/kuva into rerolls due to the gambling nature of rivens (it's basically like a slot machine) and or they've paid (stupid) amounts of plat might not feel that it's so 'fun' when they keep seeing their rivens being nerfed. 

Most people wouldn't mind the variation in rivens as much if there wasn't as much rng and time consuming/expensive to reroll etc.... there's people out there with 100's of rolls on a riven to get that 'perfect' combination for their riven, the time necessary to do the kuva grind for that alone isn't exactly a short period of time.

It also didn't help that DE screwed up at the beginning and based their values on 'popularity' instead of a more sensible performance baseline like they're not 'adjusting' things to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, -OE-Shadowlord said:

I agree

If this is the case, why are they making them less fun?

• Haha 8

Rivens are optional and really not needed on any weapon except for the weaker ones. So the people that go the meta route and pick up expensive rivens for already strong weapons arent really effected by the changes because the meta weapons are already good enough for any content without a riven. Just look at things like the Catchmoon. Even without a riven it blows most rivened primaries and secondaries out of the water.

Sure it would suck if a decent weapon like Braton would somehow end up in the lower ranges of the dispo, because the gun itself isnt so hot unless you have a decent riven on, so in such a case repeated downward dispo changes would be noticed on the performance of the weapon. The same can be said about the Baza and a few others out there. Soma suffers from this since the popularity of weapons is a major factor in dispo adjustments. It was a free Twitch Prime weapon which increased the usage data of the gun, which likely scews it still to this day and keeps it in a very low dispo position when in reality when you look at the power of the gun it should likely be somewhere in the middle to high 3 blip dispo range.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Rivens are for fun. People like to have fun and would seriously like to protect what they had fun investing into and making it work. DE nerfing non-meta stuff is a surefire way to make people rant. I mean I'm gonna start ranting somewhere down the line if they start nuking the Deth Machine Rifle riven disposition because of Deth Cube prime being out now. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I would agree with some of the rivens complaints if:

- Rivens were mandatory; and

- DE never said that they would change dispositions over time.

The people who complain about plat/time being wasted because of disposition changes, got no one else to blame except themselves.

Meta is popular and/or OP, so of course it will take hits to its disposition.

And I don't agree that most weapons are useless.

I don't know about you, but I always look for rivens based on the weapons I like, instead of weapons that are meta (with my only exception being the Lanka).

• Satisfied 2
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I always look for rivens based on the weapons I like

... Anyone that does otherwise is utterly stupid. Rivens give the possibility of using weapons people actually like on higher level content, instead of going Meta because "Meta is life" when the only thing that Meta does is proving  how suckity the users actually are. "Gotta 1-shot it no matter what or I'll be killed by a single slipper slap!"...

... If there is combat, then I want a proper one. And bonus points if I get a proper one with weapons I like to use.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I don't know about you, but I always look for rivens based on the weapons I like,

I'd happily take a riven for weapons I like if the rng would like to give them to me, I've had multiples of the same weapons more than once which is more annoying imo... I'm not spending plat on rivens, it's a waste of plat imo, especially with them potentially changing stats.

• Upvote 1

the last update changed 26 riven dispositions

11 were reduced

16 were increased

I don't think you can say they only get worse if literally more than 50% of the changes were buffs

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Lykk3 said:

Riven Disposition changes only makes things worse, never better.

Dispo changes are not meant to make them better or worse. It was stated when DE released them, that the Dispo is subject to change whenever DE feels like it and by loging in you accept their TOS and EULA, so you are wrong to complain about their descision.

Sure you can give feedback on how to improve them but that isn't easy because Rivens is a dead end.

The only real solution would be: delete them and re-introduce them as what the community wants them to be. But that is impossible as well because of the immediate chaos after such an announcement

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

The biggest problem I see on rivens is that they are not doing what they were supposed to do.

We have strong weapons (stats and mechanic wise) that are used by the majority of the players, which continue to get their riven disposition nerfed without it affecting their usage too much, because those weapons are strong anyway.

We have weak weapons with really low stats which even a 5 dispo godly roll riven won't boost that much, and those with bad mechanics that are not used regardless of rivens.

Then we have the average weapons, which get average rivens that usually just on par of unrivened strong weapons.

All while also not having a proper endgame where a riven makes the difference because we can clear all content with close to any weapon if decently modded 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Lykk3 said:

Rivens have dispositions, 1-5.  The higher the disposition, the higher the stats will be for example a riven with 5 disposition can get 300+ damage 100+ crit chance, etc.  The disposition is determined by how popular a weapon is, DE updates the disposition (maybe 1-2 times a year?) based off data collected from users.  If a weapon becomes more popular the disposition will be a lower number, hence the stats on your riven will go down.  If a weapon becomes less popular, the disposition will go up increasing the stat numbers.  New prime release weapons like Tekko are currently popular because of the new release, so riven prices are up.  However, 2-3 months from now the price will dramatically decrease as well as the disposition, which is why DE updates riven dispositions in the first place, to account for this activity.  Its done so that riven prices can be priced more accurately is the bottom line. 

Edited by -OE-Shadowlord

The simple solution is to allow us to "block" a riven so that its stats can't be modified by riven disposition changes, but we can't sell that riven anymore. Meaning, you have a good riven you like? Perfect you can keep it as it is forever but you won't be able to profit from it in the future.

13 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

the last update changed 26 riven dispositions

11 were reduced

16 were increased

I don't think you can say they only get worse if literally more than 50% of the changes were buffs

11 weapon people uses most(don't understand akjagara and cyanex though. People loved them but they was not THAT popular) goes down

16 which almost noone uses got buffed. Ive never seen tonkor user since DE killed it.

weapon user zero = zero people buffed

The problem is most of the unused guns are outdated. Maybe the stats are too low, or they have mechanism people don't prefer. No matter how much you sharpen the blades, a stone axe is still a stone axe. DE needs to change their blades into steel if they want us to use them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Lykk3 said:

It's called balancing, people wanted the disposition to be adjusted properly for a long time and now DE is doing it with each prime access.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

I’ll never understand meta chasing in a game of which 99% of it can be done with a modded Braton mk-1.  

Also riven balancing is a substitute due to the fact if DE did an actual balancing pass on warframe the forums and social media would lose their collective poop.  

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

hace 7 minutos, (XB1)The Neko Otaku dijo:

It's called balancing, people wanted the disposition to be adjusted properly for a long time and now DE is doing it with each prime access.

there's not balancing in this Riven System -.-"

• Haha 2

The update was great for me. My collection got nothing but buffs this time around.

Then again, I don’t blindly dump hundreds of platinum/Kuva into Rivens for top tier guns, so maybe that has something to do with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Proffebolter said:

there's not balancing in this Riven System -.-"

Imagine these forums if DE took all the comments how the catchmoon is op, doesn’t even need a riven, everyone already uses one, so on and so on and says “ok you’re right.” And promptly nerfs the base stats to encourage other secondaries to be used.  

Ever see that Chernobyl mini series on HBO?  Yeah.  That would be the forums.  

DE doesn’t want that so this is what we get.  At least it’s just optional Rivens being “balanced.”  

7 minutes ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

Then again, I don’t blindly dump hundreds of platinum/Kuva into Rivens for top tier guns, so maybe that has something to do with it. 

Same here my rivens usually get buffed or left alone. The benefits of knowing how disposition works 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I don't know about you, but I always look for rivens based on the weapons I like, instead of weapons that are meta (with my only exception being the Lanka).

That's good and well, until a new variant comes along and usually ends up destroying the nice benefits you enjoyed when having a riven as there's a sudden rise in popularity, which is only tempory.

I accepted this long ago but doesn't mean I have to be a fan. Lato Vandal and Tiberon Prime are examples of where Rivens have taken a hit. I had Rivens for these before they suddenly got popular due to variants 😶

Edited by Valiant