Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lykk3

Riven Disposition changes only makes things worse, never better.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Then that's even better. The weapon I enjoy will get a naturally better variant, that doesn't need a riven to push it further.

You can even keep using the riven, which will probably be still better than any other mod you could use, or just sell it for those "day 1"-high prices.

Ehhh not quite in my opinion. Depends on how hard the deposition has been hit and variants stat boosts, sometimes I think the benefits of the original riven may have been better overall than on the improved variant. 

Of course you can still use the riven, just crap it can be affected by a temporary rise in popularity. 

21 hours ago, Lykk3 said:

First, I suck at English.. And can't be bother with spell checking.. Rough day 🙂

So heres my take..

Most weapons, if not all of them are uses because of there base stats or how the mechanics work in the game, and not there riven potential.. example, they buff Tonkor Rivens Dis. which has no affect what so ever if people are going to roll with it or (It has other mechanics problem). And few people have rivens for the weapons affected by the buff/nerf, so again, only hurting thous that does. I would think that the majority of people only have Riven for the weapons with the best stats and/or mechanics, so it's the majority of players this affect, in a negative way. I think the reason behind thies nerfs/buff to riven disp. is to make more weapons viable, and balance the powers of weapons. Tho I never see this happening with only a Riven Dis. changes. So what DE is doing it basically only nerfing.. And no player enjoys that, especially not if they invested a lot of time (kuva, farming etc.) to get the max out of the riven as possible. 

At least that how I feel. - Could be i'm just to short sights on this "issue" 

Feel free so share your own though if any.

try playing without rivens. They are ABSOLUTELY UNNECESARY for the game, and generally, a simple overkill. Their only real function in the game, is to keep the platinum intake and flow constant. Ignore them and you will be much, MUCH hapier.

1 hour ago, el_chanis said:

try playing without rivens.

Indeed, nothing in the game requires them and i play with people who don't have any and they still do just fine. I think too much drive is for getting the perfect one with More CC/DC etc when it should be something that you use to augment the QoL ~ For me getting a Riven with PT for my secondaries is a major selling point.

The biggest problem I have with dispositions is that most are not based on the actual potential of a weapon, but something stupid as popularity. Fun and diversity, my ass...

Sure, you will hit very popular meta weapons with that filter but also a lot of weak weapons that are "popular" for being the first and easily obtainable weapons for players. Or they just are popular for looking nice like the Cyanex. Don't tell me it's overpowered, it's a good primer for conditional overload, armor stripper and bubble burster with an abysmal reload timer. What exactly was the reason to nerf that one?

Rivens are just proof the game is suffering from bad game design with forcing the players to scrounge for any set of increased incremental stat numbers to lessen the grind...only to face surprise mechanics and time spent not honored in them perfecting said stats to only have them surprised mechanic'd every month....Surprise your five hours of Kuva farming was for not...enjoy the other game you started due to disgust....

Personally I wish they'd get rid of them for Amalgamods that are actually fun and useful like some in the original event set instead of these weird useless cross overs placed in the Flydolon...

I feel that Riven dispositions should be based on performance and not popularity, as that means that anything that gets primed is doomed to nerfs due to the usage burst across the community.

Am 3.10.2019 um 18:01 schrieb -OE-Shadowlord:

I agree

Then god damn let us have fun! My playtime was always 50% 50% between Destiny and Warframe, around 3k hours in each game. Actually its more like 95% Destiny and 5% Warframe. When u got all frames and weapongs, all curia, all fragments,  fashion frame on top what u gonna do ? The one thing i did was capturing 1000 hydrolist, good endgame content, i liked that. Until it got boring after so many times.  The other was  farming cuva and try to get my god roll on weapons i like. There was a double resource weekend couple month back. I farmed whenever i had time, around 700k cuva. i rolled 2-3 nice riven, esp. for catchmoon.  Couple weeks later all of my stuff got nerfed and my time invested in those stats felt like 1000 slaps into my face.  I didnt care about cuva any more or riven. Nothing left to do. Luckily Destiny is great again and  so i started to care less and less about warframe.  Because i never understood why they do this ? There is no reason except some weapons are more preferred then others. I mean who cares about that? Have u ever been annoyed because your squad mates did use a  Zenistar.

In Destiny are nerfes too.... buuuut Destiny has a proper PvP mode. On console PvP is non existent, for me Warframe is a pure PvE Shooter. And Destiny has actually Raid bosses and enemies where your damage matters. So im not happy about them but i understand reason for that.  This is not true for warframe. Even with all mods  only half leveled on weapon and frame u can beat the game except eidolon with closed eyes. (sadly) The way is the goal. Thats so true for warframe. At the end with all the power u have nothing to spent it on.

And then they come and sai IT HAS TO BE ADJUSTED BECAUSE BALANCING REASONS !!!!

LOL. On the other side frames like #*!%in limbo affects my gameplay much more then any weapon ever did, but S#&$frame gets untouched or has his rework alrady done.

However, warframe has a big place in my heart, at least until i got to MR 20 or so when i slowly realised "what can i do now" ?

Enjoy the way.

btw: Destiny is free to play . Take a look, there may be some of u who really like it !

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

btw: Destiny is free to play . Take a look, there may be some of u who really like it !

I tried it a bit over the last few days and its crap. Seriously, get insta lvl 750, nothing to do, guns are okayish but no parcour and its all just meh.

4 hours ago, Tenegkhun said:

I feel that Riven dispositions should be based on performance and not popularity, as that means that anything that gets primed is doomed to nerfs due to the usage burst across the community.

They are based on intended performance. That's how the past 3 dispo changes minimum have been done. DE had said multiple time they're not just going by popularity buy by internal metrics as well.

Eh, I was bit with my 1st riven, but this time, all but one of mine went up.

The whole point of rivens is to buff less used weapons, so obviously rivens for popular weapons will move down in disposition each time, until they reach the minimum value.

The only questionable thing is that DE started all rivens at a neutral dispo, rather than starting them at the value they're currently targeting, which would make a lot more sense.