Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Thumpers feedback

-CdG-Piggles-

Can we please get a map marker or something for the tusk thumpers. Even if its just like a general vicinity marker, or at the very least, let us know whether or not (depending on the bounty/lack of bounty selected) a regular thumper/bull/Doma has spawned. 

Having to fly around the map for 10+ minutes looking for a Doma, only to realise that a bull has spawned right next to the gate but you flew over it because it came out of the ground as you flew past, is a massive waste of time considering the actual fight with a thumper takes roughly 30~ seconds. 

A simple UI element that shows which thumper has spawned or a map marker indicating the general vicinity of the thumper would be a massive improvement over wasting my time flying around doing nothing for 10+ minutes. 

Edited by -CdG-Piggles-
  • Like 1

... Have you tried not to fly/k-drive...?

... Because every time I don't fly/k-drive, I get Thumpers on my face all the time...

Edit: I'm not even counting on the Thumpers that actually spawn behind your back while you're flying away so...

Edited by Uhkretor

Honestly I have no real need to be in the plains during the day, other than to kill Thumper Doma's until I get the Korrudo blueprint. My general point about flying around was merely because I want to get in, kill the Thumper, get back out. 

Granted no I generally don't run around on the ground, but given that only one can spawn at a time every 3 minutes I don't think that'd make it any faster to actually find one, you feel?

Edited by -CdG-Piggles-

yeah, I feel... but that doesn't stop it from spawning behind you while you're flying away, or inside the ground, or inside the supposed Cetus section that you can see behind the PoE gate, on the PoE side...

So~, If you're running (not bulletjumping) on the ground, the "advised Thumper path" that's present on the wiki should spawn 4 or 5 Thumpers from the start of the path to its end. Since you mentioned that you take around 30 secs to kill a thumper, then you'll pretty much multiply that for... 4 or 5, since the thumper spawn time resets after killing the first thumper... In which case, you have plenty of time to spare in order to run on the ground, which ensures that Thumpers will not spawn in weird places....

... you feel?

I can't say I've ever had a Thumper not spawn in, or spawn in a weird unreachable spot, just that they take forever to find. Also you do know that there is a 3 minute timer in between Thumpers spawning if you don't go back to Cetus. I'd rather not spend 10 minutes searching for one and then wait another 3 minutes for one to spawn. Resetting in Cetus is much faster

5 minutes ago, -CdG-Piggles- said:

3 minute timer in between Thumpers spawning

From my experience that timer start right at the spawn. I have had back to back fights because of it. By the time I kill the first one I have another already wanting to die.

It feels like the thumpers spawn dropped from the time they released. Maybe I missed a change. When the last challenge came up for nightwave, I rode around on a k-drive 15 minutes before I even found a single thumper. Takes so much longer to even find the thing just to kill it in 30 seconds. Even something like a small indicator like the demolists have now would be nice.

1 minute ago, --Brandt-- said:

It feels like the thumpers spawn dropped from the time they released. Maybe I missed a change. When the last challenge came up for nightwave, I rode around on a k-drive 15 minutes before I even found a single thumper. Takes so much longer to even find the thing just to kill it in 30 seconds. Even something like a small indicator like the demolists have now would be nice.

Ya I'm the same. I remember when they came out compared to now it feels like it takes forever. The demolyst indicator for Thumpers would be a nice touch too ... 

Agree with Uhkretor. It's faster to just go around on the ground, however counter-intuitive that might be.

While a marker would be ok, it would also change the feel of hunting them. At the moment you need to pay a little attention and be a little observant. A marker would mean you just run around without paying attention until it triggers.

My feeling is that you're suggesting a change on the basis of your choice of a sub-optimal strategy, when you could simply change your strategy.

Edited by schilds

I'd like some more obvious visual and audio cue when a Thumper spawns. Maybe a Teralyst level column of energy with an equal level sound queue, as well. Go with an air raid siren or some other kind of alarm sound audible at least 500 meters away. Right now, it's far too easy to miss a Thumper spawning if it happens behind your back.

• Like 1