Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Atlas and Rubble.

Diavoros

I am sure that I am not the only one who thinks that "what's the point on a good looking prime or deluxe skin if an ability ruins the looks of this frame" and that's the case with Atlas/Prime and the rubble mechanic in his abilities, it makes the frame covered in rocks and dirt which absolutely ruins his fashion and makes pointless to have good looks on him because "what's the point?"
I was looking forward to a possible change with the prime release that would either make the rubble be colored with Warframe accent color or just simply be able to TOGGLE IT OFF, since they failed to deliver that with the Atlas Karst Deluxe skin, but I was wrong and they only gave a slight attention to the rumblers with some tiny metal accents. Atlas isn't a popular frame, be that because of his gameplay or looks and there are at least 2 more frames that have their shape altered due to ability mechanic like Nidus mutation evolution or Khora's Venari command and have a pleasant and positive impact on the looks of the Warframe (both frames are popular because of their gameplay and looks).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Not everything is for everyone, you can't like everything either

That's not the point. I think years worth of criticism to Invisibility and Iron Skin that led to other solutions being implemented in later Warframes should showcase this is not the argument to make here.

And yes, I generally dislike abilities that block the Warframe look for too long.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

That's not the point. I think years worth of criticism to Invisibility and Iron Skin that led to other solutions being implemented in later Warframes should showcase this is not the argument to make here.

And yes, I generally dislike abilities that block the Warframe look for too long.

Iron skin looks different on Rhino Prime, much better than just chunks over the body, Atlas Prime should have got a similar treatment, Alas.

56 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

Iron skin looks different on Rhino Prime, much better than just chunks over the body, Atlas Prime should have got a similar treatment, Alas.

Indeed, and even Iron Skin is criticisized, and even (even!) the energy effect the Deluxe uses can be equally bad (Nekros used to have this on Shield of Shadows and its removal is the best thing ever, because it looked horrible).

Truth is it's hard to come up with proper texturing for these. At least Atlas covers only half his body instead of literally everything.

For fashion reasons I wish I could opt out of some ability visuals.

Rhino.. I need my attachments all to be shiny metallic to match ironskin that is up a majority of the time. 

Atlas.. needs more turds all over him.

Unlike nidus.. who only looks cooler with his stacks.

And I have a pretty cool  Atlas I think, who is only downgraded by abilities.

DHzhfls.png 

Ignore headless Rell.

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

3 hours ago, Diavoros said:

Atlas isn't a popular frame, be that because of his gameplay or looks and there are at least 2 more frames that have their shape altered due to ability mechanic like Nidus mutation evolution or Khora's Venari command and have a pleasant and positive impact on the looks of the Warframe (both frames are popular because of their gameplay and looks).

Remember that Nidus's fashionframe is actually balanced around the ability to evolve and change its shape, potentially permanently until the mission ends. Likewise, Atlas's fashionframe is balanced around his rubble being inherently temporary and constantly draining

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Remember that Nidus's fashionframe is actually balanced around the ability to evolve and change its shape, potentially permanently until the mission ends. Likewise, Atlas's fashionframe is balanced around his rubble being inherently temporary and constantly draining

This argument doesnt hold water when you consider atlas rubble does not add to his fashion frame, but detracts from it. Since atlas got his rubble mechanic people have been asking to have the rubble on atlas color with him so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. 

Personally I got my atlas looking like a big chunk of ice, and it sucks having the rubble S#&$ covering and ruining half my atlas