Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Logitech G502 mouse

(XBOX)Steelerfan43

Question

I'm having issues with my new Logitech G502 mouse.  More precisely, the scroll wheel left and right buttons do not register when attempting to assign them.  Anyone using this mouse?  I would love to be able to use these two button options in game, otherwise it takes 2 buttons out of the equation.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

I have this mouse. A workaround would be to go into your logitech gaming software use one of the three mouse profiles for warframe and rebind the left and right scroll to keyboard buttons. A lot of programs simply do not recognize left and right scroll, it happens with the 502 as well as the 3 previous logitech mice I have used that had those buttons. I don't think the issue is on logitech's end. I think games just don't support them because left and right scroll never became universal buttons.

Edited by Drasiel
accidental quotation

by default, the actions that pressing the Scroll Wheel sideways produce are custom functions, that are not part of the standard set of input functions. Windows (sometimes) handles them fine, but games would have to write specific support for those custom inputs.
for a game, you're probably better off reassigning those inputs to something more standard.

Edited by taiiat

On 2019-10-03 at 6:48 PM, Drasiel said:

I have this mouse. A workaround would be to go into your logitech gaming software use one of the three mouse profiles for warframe and rebind the left and right scroll to keyboard buttons. A lot of programs simply do not recognize left and right scroll, it happens with the 502 as well as the 3 previous logitech mice I have used that had those buttons. I don't think the issue is on logitech's end. I think games just don't support them because left and right scroll never became universal buttons.

Thanks for the replies, I managed to assign these button presses to the desired action.  I was not aware there were three profiles for warframe, do you happen to have a link or are you able to post them?

Thank you all

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Steelerfan43 said:

Thanks for the replies, I managed to assign these button presses to the desired action.  I was not aware there were three profiles for warframe, do you happen to have a link or are you able to post them?

Thank you all

I've never seen a WF profile that I remember, but normally if you scan for a game in the LGS it will discover a profile for you.
I typically bind all my 'extra' buttons to KB keys using the 'Keystorke' command then make the same keybinds in-game using stuff like the arrow keys or number pad like so:

Arrow Up / DPI+ / Ability 1
Arrow Down / DPI- / Ability 2
Arrow Left / DPI+ / Ability 3
Arrow Right / DPI+ / Ability 4

It's good as then I can have my number keys free for the gear wheel.

Image3.jpg

Edited by Carnage2K4

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Steelerfan43 said:

Thank you all

Sorry what I said was a bit confusing, I didn't mean there are 3 profiles for specifically warframe just that you have 3 profiles you can set up on your mouse. So for example I have a profile set up for the game Nox which is older and requires a much slower mouse and another set up for warframe which I use a much higher dpi with.

aWp9wmA.png