Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2 is a sleek, tight, AAA experience.

Ikyr0

It's the perfect example of "less is more". When comparing with WF:

• less classes (compared to frames)
  • less unique (Exotic) weapons and weapon types
  • less game modes
  • less fluff

Yet, everything is better. Everything matters more. Most things are streamlined. Getting that sick drop matters more because gearing and shooting are so much better than WF's modding system, which imo requires a full gutting and revamp. Add it to DE's list of things needing gutting and revamping, amirite? I don't remember the last time I felt excited when getting some mod in WF, and I sure as hell don't feel excited getting any reward in WF. Closest thing to feeling excited is when I finish waiting for something to finish crafting, or when I'm done forma'ing something. But it's more of a "phew, I'm done with all that annoying crap, now I can play" feeling.

The subclasses are all "top tier" and relatively balanced (no tier lists, no trash frames and community anger about missed opportunities; maybe in the past, but not now).

While I prefer Warframe's lore, Destiny's world building is just so much better. It truly feels like a hand-crafted world, as opposed to the boring, repetitive tilesets and open worlds devoid of content. Why doesn't WF have fun open world events with meaningful rewards? WHY?! Why are OV and PoE DEAD content to this day? What a waste 😓

There are less weapons types technically, but my god, the shooting in this game feels tight AF. All of WF's weapons feel like flimsy, weightless Nerf guns in comparison. Although melee has a lot less variation in D2, it somehow still feels more punchy. Again, less is more.

While they're not perfect game modes, D2 at least has good if not great endgame and pvp content. There was actually some thought put into balancing and power creep, and there are some boundaries that make the game much more enjoyable distally. D2 also has dungeons and raids with mechanical skill checks. Imagine Exploiter Orb fights, all the time. And a PvPvE mode (a huge missed opportunity for WF, mostly due to having clueless designers).

tldr; for me, D2 fills in pretty much all the gaps I feel WF has, and is the perfect replacement for this burned out WF vet. D2 is a true AAA experience, and feels so much tighter than WF. Give the game a shot if you're bored in WF waiting for Railjack to drop. Sadly, I don't think Railjack will come even close to resolving the deep design issues WF has. Playing D2 has made me realize just how deeply flawed many of WF's design elements are. Of course, to each their own...AND NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY STUFF.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 2

Wait until you reach the soft cap of 900 and you need to do mandatory missions to reach the hard cap and shell out lots of money to get the good part of the game

Sick drop? Not sure about that but the sick drop is basically RNG, so why not add riven all over the place yeah? Surely you will work your soul away until you get that sick drop

Try defining "meaningful rewards" because I've dismantled countless weapons and armor in destiny 2 and none of them have any great impact outside of exotics to me. Hardly any drop feels meaningful when you will dismantling items left and right because you have a drop with 1 point higher in power. Also, the world feels hollow where enemies will spawn at intervals if you're far enough. I've done this on every destinations where I just camp on a place, snipe the enemies and repeat when the enemies pop out from nowhere

Yeah, balancing where the new nightfall mode is shooting trash mobs with 8 bullets on critical spot instead of 3. Instantly miss the power I have in warframe where I don't need to be careful just because there's a laser on the way and I don't need to revive someone many times just because they can't take a few bullets

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

AND NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY STUFF.

You should have put that in the title, now you made me waste a click 😕

Edited by Guest

I don't disagree that it's slick and tight - that much is indisputable.

However, better? I'm not so sure. Simply put, there doesn't feel like there's anywhere near as much room for creativity or self-expression. I'm a Voidwalker Warlock with attunement of hunger. I pretty much have a playstyle, aesthetic, even canon personality. A good way to avoid players speccing the hell out of a specific little weird series of quirks to make something so ludicrously strong it defeats Crota by looking at him too hard, but at what cost?

Not to mention that, even though I'm now on my third attempt of trying to like the game (and, admittedly, becoming more fond of it each time, hence round 3)… I still jumped on my Sparrow last night and thought "god, I miss archwing." Warframe offers a speed and pace to gameplay and combat few other games can match. Even without the "nuke everyone" gameplay - I'd go so far as to say especially without. Playing Warframe is liberating.

And on Weapons, I really can't agree. Frankly speaking, as far as I'm concerned, there might as well be as many weapons as their are types, or that's how it feels. Every weapon in Warframe is distinct, and that's the way I like it. 

Warframe is undoubtedly flawed - I'm not arguing that. In my Steam review for WF, I call it 'Paradoxical' - notably, its main combat loop vs "lOl NOOKE tiem!", and it's balance which seems to think that being overpowered in one area and useless in another is perfectly reasonable makes me die a little inside sometimes. But I still love it, because most things in this game are practically made of ambition and passion. And it shows.

Now, is that to say Warframe can't learn anything from Destiny? Hell no, I fully 100% agree on the open world part. Even without the reward part, I like how Destiny has stuff happening in its open worlds, and am bewildered at how rare that is in WF. Why aren't there any shipments of rare resources coming into the spaceport? Grineer about to poke a bit of Sentient a little too hard? Distinct, fun activities that don't fit into regular bounties but are instead mini-missions of their own.

• Like 2

The only decent thing it did was the instanced areas where you could walk into utter chaos with random players. 

Otherwise its a poor man's Halo. Raids are stupidly broken and a single persistent glitch can result in hours of wipes or make it brainlessly easy, nothing matters because the sequel will wipe your inventory because lol sense of accomplishment, and level design is a glorified hallway. 

• Like 1

It's pretty. 

It has very good shooter control--for a console game. Which is to say, it doesn't entirely suck using a controller. 

Past that it's a bland, homogenized experience. 

Where it goes from here will be interesting, but I'm betting the present acorn doesn't fall too far from the previous tree. 

Any hopes I have going forward for Bungie is on their next game, not the present bungled pablum. 

Still cannot surpass the original Halo's 1st feel... Does not cut it for me, feels more like a beta demo for any of the recent AAA looters that came out in the past years. Bland and rushed, might pick it up again next year and see how the developers actually wanted to make the game, before the cash grabbers turned into that mess. 

Time will tell. 

16 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

• less game modes
  • less fluff

Yet, everything is better. Everything matters more. Most things are streamlined. Getting that sick drop matters more because gearing and shooting are so much better than WF's modding system, which imo requires a full gutting and revamp. Add it to DE's list of things needing gutting and revamping, amirite? I don't remember the last time I felt excited when getting some mod in WF, and I sure as hell don't feel excited getting any reward in WF. Closest thing to feeling excited is when I finish waiting for something to finish crafting, or when I'm done forma'ing something. But it's more of a "phew, I'm done with all that annoying crap, now I can play" feeling.

The subclasses are all "top tier" and relatively balanced (no tier lists, no trash frames and community anger about missed opportunities; maybe in the past, but not now).

While I prefer Warframe's lore, Destiny's world building is just so much better. It truly feels like a hand-crafted world, as opposed to the boring, repetitive tilesets and open worlds devoid of content. Why doesn't WF have fun open world events with meaningful rewards? WHY?! Why are OV and PoE DEAD content to this day? What a waste 😓

There are less weapons types technically, but my god, the shooting in this game feels tight AF. All of WF's weapons feel like flimsy, weightless Nerf guns in comparison. Although melee has a lot less variation in D2, it somehow still feels more punchy. Again, less is more.

While they're not perfect game modes, D2 at least has good if not great endgame and pvp content. There was actually some thought put into balancing and power creep, and there are some boundaries that make the game much more enjoyable distally. D2 also has dungeons and raids with mechanical skill checks. Imagine Exploiter Orb fights, all the time. And a PvPvE mode (a huge missed opportunity for WF, mostly due to having clueless designers).

tldr; for me, D2 fills in pretty much all the gaps I feel WF has, and is the perfect replacement for this burned out WF vet. D2 is a true AAA experience, and feels so much tighter than WF. Give the game a shot if you're bored in WF waiting for Railjack to drop. Sadly, I don't think Railjack will come even close to resolving the deep design issues WF has. Playing D2 has made me realize just how deeply flawed many of WF's design elements are. Of course, to each their own...AND NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY STUFF.

Mmm, yes 

come to the dark side.

join Bungie.net Offtopic.

brought to you by the Ambassador of Bungie.net offtopic

Finished SHK campaing in about 6 hours , I have no interest in grinding out new legendary weapons because their not special apart from new exotic rocket launcher , but other when that I have nothing to do .

I feel little disapointed that Bungie did nothing new at all , now I have to wait for new content drops wich they will do slowly and I dont like it .

Personaly I dont see that people like about D2 , game barely rewards you , where is no complexcity in game mechanics to keep you invested , the grind for some things is ridiculous , game has that solid gunplay but most weapons feel the same , armour sets are just for looks apart from exotics and that I hate the most is one exotic limit , absolutely no power fantasy wich I had felt in other games .

Raids , PvP and PvEvP is something I will give Bungie credit to , those are great expiriences .

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 844448 said:

1. Wait until you reach the soft cap of 900 and you need to do mandatory missions to reach the hard cap and shell out lots of money to get the good part of the game

2. Sick drop? Not sure about that but the sick drop is basically RNG, so why not add riven all over the place yeah? Surely you will work your soul away until you get that sick drop

3. Try defining "meaningful rewards" because I've dismantled countless weapons and armor in destiny 2 and none of them have any great impact outside of exotics to me. Hardly any drop feels meaningful when you will dismantling items left and right because you have a drop with 1 point higher in power. Also, the world feels hollow where enemies will spawn at intervals if you're far enough. I've done this on every destinations where I just camp on a place, snipe the enemies and repeat when the enemies pop out from nowhere

4. Yeah, balancing where the new nightfall mode is shooting trash mobs with 8 bullets on critical spot instead of 3. Instantly miss the power I have in warframe where I don't need to be careful just because there's a laser on the way and I don't need to revive someone many times just because they can't take a few bullets

1. I'm already at 900, and nothing noticeable has changed about my game. Game is still free.

2. Exotics. As I said, I don't remember ever feeling excited about a drop in Warframe. I guess being able to buy everything on the market is a double edged sword. You give up the thrill of a true looter shooter for greater accessibility, which admittedly I enjoyed at first, but grinding plat is so easy that you can outright buy anything you want any time. Because of this stupid design, DE is drowning whilst struggling to pump out more guns, more frames, more cosmetics...which I will obtain in minutes or hours, and then I'm stuck twiddling my thumbs for 3 months. This is why WF's "endgame" is collecting floofs. LUL.

3. Meaningful rewards means whenever you do any activity in D2, it gets you a little bit closer toward some objective. Whether it's a mod that you purchase, or a drop you get from a boss. In WF, this only really applies to Kuva, but rivens are entirely optional (and arguably pointless) in this freaky power creep. Let's say I do an Arbie or a Tridolon. Wtf am I getting? Some arcane or mod that I don't even need, which I will just sell for plat. In a looter shooter (which WF isn't), you're at least grinding for better stats or a better drop. This feeling you only get with rivens, but as I said, rivens are a trivial, unnecessary mechanic. 

4. Unlike WF, D2 has mechanical skill checks in every fight. So no matter how strong you are, you can get annihilated if you stand still or not pay attention. When doing WF's "endgame" content, you can literally alt-tab and get the hot trash reward just the same. Yesterday in D2 I did an open world event which kept escalating. It lasted 15 mins, and I got legendary gear out of it. It was more challenging than a 90min Arbie or a Tridolon. By far, and it wasn't even close. WF can't even achieve this feeling because of its flawed design.

Edited by Ikyr0

6 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Personaly I dont see that people like about D2 , game barely rewards you , where is no complexcity in game mechanics to keep you invested , the grind for some things is ridiculous , game has that solid gunplay but most weapons feel the same , armour sets are just for looks apart from exotics and that I hate the most is one exotic limit , absolutely no power fantasy wich I had felt in other games .

Quite simply, the game is infinitely more challenging than WF, and at least you have the option of grinding fun content for better drops/stats. Weapons don't at all feel the same, totally disagree here. I mean, there are less gun types, but the shooting feels infinitely better than WF...this isn't even debatable in my mind. And the power fantasy in D2 is moderated, as opposed to stupidly out of control like in WF. You mean one-shotting a room with your Warlock's Nova isn't power fantasy enough? I don't understand. At least it's on a decent cooldown, so you can't faceroll content like in WF.

Edited by Ikyr0

They both have they're own place to me. Destiny 2 isn't Warframe and Warframe isn't Destiny 2. When I play Destiny I start to miss Warframe, When I play Warframe I start to miss Destiny. It's a strange balance. I quite enjoy playing both games, for similar and different reasons.

Edited by GentlePuppet
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

1. I'm already at 900, and nothing noticeable has changed about my game. Game is still free.

2. Exotics. As I said, I don't remember ever feeling excited about a drop in Warframe. I guess being able to buy everything on the market is a double edged sword. You give up the thrill of a true looter shooter for greater accessibility, which admittedly I enjoyed at first, but grinding plat is so easy that you can outright buy anything you want any time. Because of this stupid design, DE is drowning whilst struggling to pump out more guns, more frames, more cosmetics...which I will obtain in minutes or hours, and then I'm stuck twiddling my thumbs for 3 months. This is why WF's "endgame" is collecting floofs. LUL.

3. Meaningful rewards means whenever you do any activity in D2, it gets you a little bit closer toward some objective. Whether it's a mod that you purchase, or a drop you get from a boss. In WF, this only really applies to Kuva, but rivens are entirely optional (and arguably pointless) in this freaky power creep. Let's say I do an Arbie or a Tridolon. Wtf am I getting? Some arcane or mod that I don't even need, which I will just sell for plat. In a looter shooter (which WF isn't), you're at least grinding for better stats or a better drop. This feeling you only get with rivens, but as I said, rivens are a trivial, unnecessary mechanic. 

4. Unlike WF, D2 has mechanical skill checks in every fight. So no matter how strong you are, you can get annihilated if you stand still or not pay attention. When doing WF's "endgame" content, you can literally alt-tab and get the hot trash reward just the same. Yesterday in D2 I did an open world event which kept escalating. It lasted 15 mins, and I got legendary gear out of it. It was more challenging than a 90min Arbie or a Tridolon. By far, and it wasn't even close. WF can't even achieve this feeling because of its flawed design.

1. Until you're done with all the grind in every corner just to get best roll and the best parts are behind paywall to get every new content. Also you're on the soft limit, try reaching 960 now

2. I don't remember getting excited on destiny when I got an exotic because you can only use one at a time which is sorely lacking in customisation of your power

3. What objective? So far your objective is reach max power, then grind the same activity over and over again to complete your collection or find the best roll which is hardly anything unique or there's an objective I missed here? I don't find my legendary gears to be something good when it's a recoloured basic gear like scathelocke

4. What mechanical skill check? Last time I remember there's hardly any mechanical skill check, only throwing something to somewhere or stand somewhere until you "capture" the objective and I'm not going to spend 15 minutes shooting waves of enemies in the face just because you can't push through with your power. I hardly feel anything challenging in destiny where enemies need area damage just to make sure they can damage you because I've played multiple times with the enemy snipers and you can dodge their shots easily

• Like 1

hmm. but those things that you state as so amazing and cool - you left out the part where you will be doing those same mini-events for hundreds of hours to hope that you get an actually useful reward.
and that you spend a lot of time just standing around and waiting for Timers for them to start. you look on the map, see one is marked as coming off 'Cooldown' soon, and then you travel over there, stand nearby, and wait while you're AFK for that 'content' to start.

there's still always Raids which are basically what carry Destiny in its entirety, and some quest-type things (figuring out some puzzles or going to odd locations to complete a task) until you get the thing you want that are okay.
but most of the latter mentioned tasks are either something you do and then wait a day or a week or a month before you're allowed to do it again, or the task is just 'play this content __ times' (god forbid, some are even both of those at once).
and so encourages that AFK Player problem that people complain about everywhere in Destiny, because Players are given so many tasks that they only need be present in a piece of content, and what they actually do it in is irrelevant, the task only wants them to be present.

which those facets makes the games' content thinner than a sheet of paper, because it's a game that like Warframe, is trying to "be a game for everybody and a game that includes everybody". so nothing has any significance, and almost nothing rewards you for doing more than simply existing or waiting for Timers.
even the Raids you can only get any reward at all from like once a week, and then even the most compelling content in the entire game (seriously, the Raids are actually good), you are discouraged from playing. which is kindof a metaphor for the entire game, that so much of the game is about not playing it or not using the games' systems all together with good execution.

and then if that isn't even enough, over the years content has regularly been intrinsically tied with Power, the all too common nowadays global stat that determines everything about you even though it means so little in actuality. want to play __ content? well until you AFKFarm these things enough you can't even play that content, as you either can't start it or Enemies will be literally invulnerable. and then how do you get better at that content? you just go back and AFKFarm the same things some more until your global arbitrary stat is now higher and you deal much more Damage and take much less Damage.

oh, and i almost forgot about how the game is purpose designed with about 3 Tiers of Enemies, and 3 Tiers of Ammo. you're supposed to use your bigger delete Ammo on the bigger dudes, to delete them. Enemies that actually do some things and could be cool to fight but they had to make sure that you still had a click win button in your inventory. and then for major Bosses? JuSt UsE sUpEr, LoL
which speaking of that, the game moderately heavily incentivizes Players to just focus their entire existence on getting ways to recharge Super faster, so they can spam it as often as possible for the easiest win. this extends over into PvP, where the strategy is to use Super as often as possible, while also speccing yourself to trying to counter the other Players that are doing the exact same thing.

i really, really don't like how much of a free pass people have been giving Destiny on how bland and paper thin 95% of the content in the game is, just because "well the Guns feel good, and the Textures/Models are fancy looking".

(just like how Warframe has far too many problems of the game rewarding you for not playing it and sometimes even punishing you for playing it)

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

On 2019-10-04 at 3:34 AM, Ikyr0 said:

• less game modes
  • less fluff

Had a quick try of it, its not a bad game at all, and the gfx are pretty responsive/quick considering the scale involved, I do have to say tho I am surprised at the lack of classes (Just 3?) given that Destiny2 is pretty much a souped up version of Firefall/Tribes (15 Battleframes/classes on Firefall), it copies a huge amount of what Firefall was only they improved upon it quite nicely, thankfully they haven't messed things up in the long run like the firefall team did (now working on EM8-ER, so fingers crossed.).

As a new player i find it does suffer the same issues warframe has when it basically explains the bare minimum or nothing at all, assuming you just know certain things from the previous game.  Waypoints are great unlike Warframe only D2 often forgets or just doesnt bother showing waypoints to your next point of call, sometimes does, sometimes doesn't, sometimes does but on a big old delay, my biggest grievance is that matchmaking is not universal for all gametypes, some have auto matchmaking, others just dump you solo in the mission(s) and leave it to you to group up with other ppl in a fireteam which is very annoying.

The "Talents" or skills they have on each class feel pretty boring as well, many of them being carbon copies, esp the grenades, jumpglide and class ability, all 3 subclasses have near exacting abilities which feels totally boring and devoid of choices, Warframe has a big advantage over D2 here imho.

As a big old Firefall fan before all its drama, buy out, move to china and killing off of the usa/euro side of things I have to admit D2 has nice parts to it, tey even have Extractor drops which nearly perfectly mirrors Firefalls Thumper missions, even the form of ground transport feels like firefall, only turning funky ground bikes into hover bikes, the whole jetpacking around and blowing stuff to bits, firing off class abilities etc feels pretty much the same in a good way.

I usually buy prime packs but atlas I will be skipping, so the money i saved i might throw towards D2 "if" I still enjoy the game even tho many parts has been frustrating and, just like Warframe required MANY trips to google/youtube to find solutions, unfortunatly shadowkeep changes quite a few things and made all the previous info/help redundant.

I still feel bad about firefall, my mainstay for sci-fi mmo horde shooting before I touched mass effect 3:mp then warframe, D2 at least now that it is free to trial the basic packages feels like a good opportunity to have another go, so er, while firefall is dead, long live the new firefall, I will probably be doing lots of this while doing my usual in warframe..... picking daily login rewards and cooking a new forma.

SEa8ess.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

Quite simply, the game is infinitely more challenging than WF,

What chalange ? most enemys are bullet spunges wich make any strike , nightfall , raid or anything that takes more when entire clip to kill something of a slog

and at least you have the option of grinding fun content for better drops/stats.

like ? it tooked me 97 forge runs to get the perks I wanted for my blast furnace , or how about exotic weapons quest that are either long and grindy or require you to do task involving pvp wich personaly not fan of , or how about meterial grind jut for bad juju or its catalyst ? 

how about the 5 week wait for polaris lance ? 

I had absolutely no fun in those as they were nothing but tediuos chores all for a weapon

Weapons don't at all feel the same, totally disagree here. 

your new pulse rifle fires , reloads and feels the same as your old pulse rifle

your new hand cannon feels same as priews

your new rocket laucnher....

and so on and so forth ... what nonsence are you even talking about ? almost all weapons are just reskins in the game apart from exotics wich one of the things I dont like about destiny 2 , oh your on the new area ? heres your first drop , a weapon wich is totaly like the one you got from priews planet just looks and sounds slightly diffirent .

I mean, there are less gun types, but the shooting feels infinitely better than WF...

yeah shooting feels better but thats no excuse , almost all guns feel the same , warframe for the most part doesnt provide that feel but what it provides shiet tone of variarity wich is a tons better when repetitiveness of destinys 2 gunplay

And the power fantasy in D2 is moderated, as opposed to stupidly out of control like in WF. You mean one-shotting a room with your Warlock's Nova isn't power fantasy enough?

It would be if abilitys didint had stupid long cooldowns , little history lesson here , before energy system in wf we had cooldowns much like in d/d2 and everyone absolutely hated it , if you would look at MMO's they avoid this simple because of sheer amount of skills one can aquire and simple combo chain abilitys when rather wait for cooldown to pop , warframe and destiny both have 4 abilitys per character and cooldowns just dont work nore are entertaining .

Bungies way of entertaining is by restricting player while DE's by giving as much freedom as seen in mechanics , characters , weapons , movement , etc 

so you can't faceroll content like in WF.

WF is horde shoter , D2 aint , in warframe your supposed to faceroll enemys to keep up with the game .

Edited by bad4youLT
  • Like 2

I couldn't care less about Destiny. Bungie had two chances to make a good first impression with both games and they blew them both tremendously.

First impressions are everything. That's why the likes of No Man's Sky and Anthem will also be forever tainted, no matter how good they could end up getting later.

The games and the franchise as a whole can rot in a ditch.

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

Why are people still so persistent about comparing to totally different games?

Seriously, just be an actual racist, if you want to fuel your superiotry complex by hating on other people for superstious reasons...

or it could be that while waiting for fun stuff to do in 1 of them you can in actual fact play the other in the meantime.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Methanoid:

or it could be that while waiting for fun stuff to do in 1 of them you can in actual fact play the other in the meantime.

NOOOOO! Nononono!!!

That whould mean having common sense!

And common sense isn't as statisfying as claiming that 'X is better than y' and then labeling personal opinion as objective fact!

• Like 3

On 2019-10-03 at 10:34 PM, Ikyr0 said:

• less game modes
  • less fluff

Two different games. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Legit the only thing similar is the setting. 

• Warframes is marketed on having different frames to play for a different playstyle so I don't see what your first point brings. 
  • I don't even know what can be considered an exotic weapon in warframe maybe primes but thats just loosely since warframes do not have a rarity attached to weapons. Again different stroke for a different folk. People would prefer having a multitude of weapon types to choose from while others would like less. Imo more is always better because there's a preference. 
  • Mission types (if thats what you're referring to) adds variety but I do agree that some of those needs to be dropped like infested salvage. But that doesn't mean that just because Destiny has no sort of mission types doesn't mean that Warframe doesn't need it. Warframe is an instance based game with two open world compared to Destiny's 7(?) open world areas? Of course they would have less game modes. 
  • Idk what you regard as fluff

On 2019-10-03 at 10:34 PM, Ikyr0 said:

Everything you mentioned here is less of D2 being better but more of it suiting your preferences. Warframe isn't a looter shooter, its more comparable (loosely) to an mmo. You're comparing Warframe to looter shooter standards when it isn't a looter shooter where your whole brag about destiny falls flat. 

Its great that you like destiny's world building, but don't go acting like D2 doesn't get repetitive too with the same activities on all open world areas that is literally the same content being constantly recycled. And is just as grindy the same as warframe. But grinds are a thing in a game like this but I'm pretty sure I've heard complaints about the grind for those sweet sweet exotic and the near blasphemous quests for other exotics, like the ones that requires the crucible game mode. The only thing I would say that D2 has done better over warframe is raids which is basically all the endgame the game has not mentioning the requirements to join said raids as a newbie (I don't even have the time to get a sherpa so raids are not something I can get into)

The whole weapon complaint is again a preference and a difference between the games inherently( TPS vs FPS) and the pure fact that Warframe is much much faster than D2's slow trod. As warframe is ever evolving and the Devs are always learning as they go along I give them the hat for improving on boss fights. Say what you want but Warframe DE has it tough to keep up with what they're doing compared to Destiny. And a PvPvE is again a preference, the focus is on the PvE and we did have a PvPvE game mode before, that was Dark Sectors thats been on the backburner for a long time now.

Everything you've mentioned is mostly preference. You prefer Destiny over warframe good for you but both games have the flaws and successes. You know warframes flaws and @taiiat goes over some of the flaws on destiny. I never see the point in comparing Warframe and D2 its pointless inherently their two different genres by design going for two different gameplay..  

Edited by ShadowExodus

19 hours ago, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

Mmm, yes 

come to the dark side.

join Bungie.net Offtopic.

brought to you by the Ambassador of Bungie.net offtopic

Too late!  I already have. 😛  Big fan of Destiny, and possibly leaving Warframe.  But then again, I do like playing as my Ash Prime every now and then, so it still has a place in my heart.

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

Why are people still so persistent about comparing to totally different games?

Seriously, just be an actual racist, if you want to fuel your superiotry complex by hating on other people for superstious reasons...

It's called having a personal opinion. 

Also, why would you encourage racism?  Are you actually saying that people who disagree with another's beliefs are racist? 😂  Having a different opinion than someone else is hardly hating on them, let alone possessing a "superiority complex".  It's called being human.

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

NOOOOO! Nononono!!!

That whould mean having common sense!

And common sense isn't as statisfying as claiming that 'X is better than y' and then labeling personal opinion as objective fact!

LOL

In all honesty though, that's literally what I do.  I've really gotten into Destiny lately.  Warframe's taking it's lovely time on content development, so I might as well enjoy mine on another game.