Ikyr0

Destiny 2 is a sleek, tight, AAA experience.

1 hour ago, ShadowExodus said:

Everything you mentioned here is less of D2 being better but more of it suiting your preferences. Warframe isn't a looter shooter, its more comparable (loosely) to an mmo. You're comparing Warframe to looter shooter standards when it isn't a looter shooter where your whole brag about destiny falls flat. 

You know MMO stands for massively multiplayer online game, right?If you meant RPG then WF isn't one.It's been advertised as a looter shooter with some RPG elements.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

Two different games.

They're two games in the exact same genre. They also share the "looter shooter" market, and a common demographic of players. They're both also MMO-lite games. Obviously, each game will have its own dedicated group of followers (Warframe is more of a cult than a real community imo), but I'm arguing that D2 is a vastly superior looter shooter.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DeathDweller said:

You know MMO stands for massively multiplayer online game, right?If you meant RPG then WF isn't one.It's been advertised as a looter shooter with some RPG elements.

ARPG. Action Role Playing Game. 

WF has more in common with Diablo than World of Warcraft. 

Obviously, Destiny is of that ilk as well, though its presentation is different from WF. 

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, DeathDweller said:

Note the word in parenthesis loosely. Multiple classes, instanced areas, side activities (fishing/mining) etc. Leans it more to the mmo side.

39 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

They're two games in the exact same genre. They also share the "looter shooter" market, and a common demographic of players. They're both also MMO-lite games. Obviously, each game will have its own dedicated group of followers (Warframe is more of a cult than a real community imo), but I'm arguing that D2 is a vastly superior looter shooter.

What genre? D2 is a looter shooter, Warframe is an amalgamation of different genres that its been a point of discussions for a long time now to say what subgenre warframe is other than third person shooter fits it. It's increased even more with the open world zones, archwing, k-drives and the soon to come Kingpin system (kuva liches) and Railjack. 

The point I meant when I say they're two different games is the difference with FPS and TPS (and the frankenstein that warframe is).  You'll find more similarities with D2 with the other actual looter shooters on the market like BL3, Division 2 etc.  So it doesn't matter that D2 is the superior looter shooter because Warframe wasn't exclusive to that subgenre in the first place. In fact its even less of a looter shooter because every weapons with a few exceptions are craftables rather than some random drop from an enemy/chest/breakable with rolled stats. 

7 hours ago, Methanoid said:

-snip-

i'm not really sure how much i see in common between Firefall and Destiny - if you're referring to sprawling, strange landscapes, then okay, perhaps.
Destiny doesn't have thumping though, the Enemies also only exist on a 2D plane like most games, while Firefall had Bugs scaling terrain and creating a 3D combat scenario (an ingenious solution at the time about Players exploiting terrain, almost like a precursor to Deep Rock Galactic? it probably didn't but i could see that having seen some inspiration in Firefall for Enemies that can act in a 3D space in actual 3D).

also Mass Effect Multiplayer, hype

6 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

You know warframes flaws and _ goes over some of the flaws on destiny.

to which end, Warframe and Destiny share a fair percentage of their flaws/problems. ones related to content and Player activity are practically identical. but ofcourse Warframe has copied some game decisions that Destiny has made (and i've hated every single one of them, they've only served to push the game further into 'rewarded only for not playing'), and Destiny has ofcourse done the opposite.

Thats fine, you cqn like the game, I did too at one point...for two months. I peetered off afterwards and missed out on buying the annual pass and whatnot. But now that they claim its free to play...it really isn't. Not if we still have to go out and buy the game, but if we want to play with friends, we gotta buy forsaken. The year one and two content absolutely sucked in my opinion, and its stupid to cqll if free to play when it clearly isnt. If w we want to interact with the rest of the community, we still gotta pay something. But thats more or less me not trying to spend money I dont have and will likely not have any time soon.

I just want it known that even if destiny 2 is free to play now...it really isnt. If people want to interact with the rest of the community or play with friends, we still gotta shell out money for Forsaken. Not to mention that if you buy the base game, year one and two content isn't that much to keep someone busy...and it sux...at least to me. The point is, the whole game is essentially locked behind forsaken, which needs money to access on top of what you paid for the game. It was a nice try, but its definitely not free to play. 

Posted (edited)
Цитата

It's the perfect example of "less is more".

You know nothing about Destiny do you.

Destiny 2 has run for several years now and its also a second Destiny game, hence the name.

Despite that at launch it was so barebone people literally were shooting at walls to get loot because there was nothing to do there, despite D2 being a complete ripoff of D1 with little to no innovations.

Destiny has pretty good gunplay and some things to do in it after releasing 2 games and after about 4 or so years but thast about it. All its content costed about 3 to 4 times more than your average AAA game, you still have to pay to play anything other than vanilla + some irrelevant dlcs.

Yeah it has 2 parts that keep people playing - a really fing good gunplay, best from what Ive seen in all my gaming experience and loot distribution and chase (unlike warframe that just keeps nerfing its wepaons making them irrelevant so you have no motivation to hoard or chase the loot). But I personally cant see myself playing it, because its not free to play OR 60$ game, its a stty live service and its very heavy pvp and raid based and no one wants to interract with randoms to actually experience the game.

Also about classes - yeah only 3 of them with 3 to 4 or 5 subclasses 1 or 2 of which is hidden behind dlcs and paywalls. It also has less classes because its so pvp heavy, Bungie cant even balance 3 properly so no wonder.

Edited by -Temp0-

Posted (edited)

How come no one's talking about the theme of each game?

In Destiny 2, you're protecting human civilization. The ancients were awesome and we want to remake their empire. The aliens look like humans with different skin colouring and hate us because they're just evil and jealous.

In Warframe, you're protecting people from human civilization. The ancients are dead for a reason, and we kill the people who try to reclaim their empire. The aliens are SPOILERS but also don't look even remotely human.*

* most of them

Edited by (NSW)Jewelfox

4 hours ago, (NSW)Jewelfox said:

In Warframe, you're protecting people from human civilization. The ancients are dead for a reason, and we kill the people who try to reclaim their empire. The aliens are SPOILERS but also don't look even remotely human.*

Mate, there are no aliens in Warframe. Every faction has its roots in humanity. Even the most "alien" of the factions is evolved from human tech.

Spoiler

Technically, there is exactly one non-human-originating character in the game, but it is more eldritch than alien.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Jewelfox said:

How come no one's talking about the theme of each game?

In Destiny 2, you're protecting human civilization. The ancients were awesome and we want to remake their empire. The aliens look like humans with different skin colouring and hate us because they're just evil and jealous.

* most of them

I've been thinking a lot on that, and it's a point I'd like to discuss, in part because it's another area I think Warframe improves on.

I feel like the core conflict of Warframe is far more engaging than the core conflict of Destiny. Individual, lore-related conflicts, that's different (Destiny's lore has always been pretty great) but that's distinct from the plot.

The core theming of Destiny is light vs dark. A battle between two eldritch forces. On the more minor scale, it's the struggles of humanity against a constantly mounting threat, and specifically about you drawing them out of that, with Shadowkeep displaying how much further you have to go, as a quick gut-punch to reset the tension a bit. Warframe is about two alike, but opposite forces. Two mistakes by a greater, uncaring power. The creators - the Sentients, terraforming drones sent to build a new home, but corrupted by the hate that runs deep through Orokin culture. And the Tenno, born of the void and sorrow and parricide, but shown love so that they may turn their destruction against those who might rebuild. By rights, these two forces should ally - should rise against the beings that created them. Instead they fought, destroyed countless lives in the struggle, as fallout of two practically deific forces. Now that fight returns.

Tenno vs Sentients has a tragic bent to it, and a shining beacon of hope. Despite how utterly awful the Tenno can be sometimes, they ultimately do fight for the good of the weak, the innocent. A thought that, maybe, being fundamentally flawed is not a sentence to misery.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Tenno vs Sentients has a tragic bent to it, and a shining beacon of hope. Despite how utterly awful the Tenno can be sometimes, they ultimately do fight for the good of the weak, the innocent. A thought that, maybe, being fundamentally flawed is not a sentence to misery.

I much prefer WF's storyline and lore. it's a bit more unique, and there's more stuff to play with as a writer. I'm pretty disappointed WF's world building, rewards, and scaling are so poorly done, because ultimately I'd prefer to play WF over D2.

Just now, Ikyr0 said:

I much prefer WF's storyline and lore. it's a bit more unique, and there's more stuff to play with as a writer. I'm pretty disappointed WF's world building, rewards, and scaling are so poorly done, because ultimately I'd prefer to play WF over D2.

Agreed. Gameplay-wise they seem to be addressing thigs although at a pace that makes a snail look like a supercar, so that's hopeful. For example, Steve suggesting that they might try out new damage calculations, including armour scaling, with Railjack to later spread to the rest of the game. But again, very slow progress.

In terms of World Building and Lore, IMO they've gotten better at it over time, certainly in terms of keeping it together. Fortuna and Cetus, whilst not exactly the most thrilling areas, are well-constructed with characters ranging from decent to good. The Sigor Savah story is also pretty cool too. The main story has also managed to keep lore relating to it more or less in check as well. Then you look at the absolute wasteland that is before that whole dedication, the period that no new player can dream of encountering because it's lost to history.

It's extremely frustrating that half the game is a well-constructed narrative, and the other half is either missing to new players, nonsensical/self-contradictory; out of order, or all of the above, occasionally reaching its grubby tentacles into the aforementioned reasonable narrative to mess things up. For example, any time Alad V enters the story it's practically a gamble as to where that takes place in the story. Jovian Concord. Most signs point to this occurring post-cure, after he manages to get back on his feet and get his city back, right? Except the Wolf of Saturn Six... which depicts pre-infestation Alad having functioning amalgam prototypes - which, by the way, living Sentients for amalgamation weren't even back in the system until after Alad got infested and then cured.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Corvid said:

Mate, there are no aliens in Warframe. Every faction has its roots in humanity. Even the most "alien" of the factions is evolved from human tech.

Reveal hidden contents

Technically, there is exactly one non-human-originating character in the game, but it is more eldritch than alien.

Yes, those are the spoilers I mentioned. I don't know how much I'm supposed to say on the forums, so I decided to play it safe.

It's just ironic, to me, that the "aliens" rooted in humanity are so much more truly alien than the Roman Space Orcs and Barbarian Space Goblins Destiny 2 gave us, with all the historical baggage those contain. It feels less like "humanity versus aliens" and more "one kind of human versus another kind of human," whereas the trailer for The New War feels like it's presenting us with a true Outside Context Problem.

Edited by (NSW)Jewelfox

17 hours ago, Loza03 said:

As a CSA survivor, I really like how Tenno are beings who are supposed to be weak and innocent themselves, but aren't. And I like that the people we're helping out are the ones having their weakness exploited by a greedy religious corporation and an expansionist nation-state. Fighting for the glory of mankind doesn't sit well with me; Warframe's Origin System is closer to how I understand the world given my experiences.

If I'm still playing in the years to come, I want to stream the Vox Solaris quest every Labour Day.

just leave it be dude, warframe is warframe, a grindy sometimes buggy spit and see what sticks looter shooter. it has its flaws, and its good points.

been on warframe since 2013. it is fun, but it made its way to where it is as a whole. 

Destiny, had a massive, massive, blop, of people who wanted to release a big ol' nothing. gimme dat cash, GARRR

yeah i dont like destiny, it feels barren, empty, and meh, just a reskinned halo, i liked halo, but destiny, was just a something not as i expected it to be.

the music, the graphics, they are great, but "I COULD TELL YOU" about its lore and story, "BUT I WONT" =D .... yay destiny

i mean honestly, warframe has stood by and just rats in cage gameplay for years, and when the plains came out, that is the direction people wanted.

But me, i just wish warframe had more story content, and more in depth combat - a.i - stealth mechanics. lore and story, like 20 quests yo.

i loved the quests. but that was about 2 - 3 years ago. and we get like 1 quest. a year.amongst the same tilesets, and missions, for 6 years now.

so much of the game feels, dusty. we get guns, primes, and warframes regularly. but thats the girth of all "content".

we got Nightwaves, which act as a semi-transparent coating to ease the feel of having nothing to do or work towards. 

but me, i look at the 3 year armistice dark sectors, the lost trials, and void, and derelict, and bosses. and then i look at gas city, fortuna, the plains.

iam like, we got a turd, with diamonds in it.  but hey, at least its not that other stupid game destiny, which literally tossed in a plat system just because warframe did it.

even with Destiny 2 being free. it still has nothing on warframe. the devs, the community, it feels like it breathes together.

destiny is just a diarrhea in the corner, but left forgotten, buried under the rug, left to dry out wither away and die. =p bleh

poor anthem, no one even sees it

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Could someone explain to me the reasoning behind this thread?

I never went to my local backery to tell them I'm switching to another backery. Why is it that on the internet, people always do that? "Hey developers, I will quit your game and I will now play another game". What is the mentality behind that? óÒ

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Upvote 4

On 2019-10-04 at 9:17 PM, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

Mmm, yes 

come to the dark side.

join Bungie.net Offtopic.

brought to you by the Ambassador of Bungie.net offtopic

HUNTERS! We cannot let this synthetic destroy our kind. ATTACK!

On 2019-10-04 at 4:34 AM, Ikyr0 said:

It's the perfect example of "less is more". When comparing with WF:

• less classes (compared to frames)
  • less unique (Exotic) weapons and weapon types
  • less game modes
  • less fluff

/snip

I haven't read most of these comments as they're lengthy, but out of curiosity:

1) For how long have you been playing Warframe?
2) For how long have you been playing Destiny 2?
3) Do you think you'll feel the same way about Destiny 2 after spending as much time with it as Warframe?

Ultimately, this is not to deny that there are brilliant aspects to either title (I played Destiny, and loved what I played, but couldn't muster up the courage (nor did I feel keen on scrounging together the money, at the time) for Destiny 2. Huge Bungie/Halo fan here!), and I hope that the cross-pollination continues: when I started Warframe, it felt like I was playing the bastard lovechild of Destiny and Diablo (and I liked the Destiny aspect way more) and now Destiny 2's gone free, like Warframe.

I think both can coexist, and I think new competition in the market - in this regard - is good for both Bungie and DE.

When free Destiny 2 drops on PSN, I look forward to giving it a shot, but I doubt I'd be keen on dropping money on PSN+ nor any DLC if I have to pay for it. Warframe wins there, hands down, every time.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

What is the mentality behind that? óÒ

To trigger forum trolls?!

Edited by (PS4)BigLick

8 minutes ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

HUNTERS! We cannot let this synthetic destroy our kind. ATTACK!

I haven't read most of these comments as they're lengthy, but out of curiosity:

1) For how long have you been playing Warframe?
2) For how long have you been playing Destiny 2?
3) Do you think you'll feel the same way about Destiny 2 after spending as much time with it as Warframe?

Ultimately, this is not to deny that there are brilliant aspects to either title (I played Destiny, and loved what I played, but couldn't muster up the courage (nor did I feel keen on scrounging together the money, at the time) for Destiny 2. Huge Bungie/Halo fan here!), and I hope that the cross-pollination continues: when I started Warframe, it felt like I was playing the bastard lovechild of Destiny and Diablo (and I liked the Destiny aspect way more) and now Destiny 2's gone free, like Warframe.

I think both can coexist, and I think new competition in the market - in this regard - is good for both Bungie and DE.

When free Destiny 2 drops on PSN, I look forward to giving it a shot, but I doubt I'd be keen on dropping money on PSN+ nor any DLC if I have to pay for it. Warframe wins there, hands down, every time.

Pardon me but What the heck?

5 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

I'm not saying both can't coexist. However, some players like myself only have time for one of them. D2 is a much more polished experience.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Could someone explain to me the reasoning behind this thread?

I never went to my local backery to tell them I'm switching to another backery. Why is it that on the internet, people always do that? "Hey developers, I will quit your game and I will now play another game". What is the mentality behind that? óÒ

Do you know where you are? This is the offtopic subforum. I'm leaving an opinion, and some feedback. Don't look too into it, don't get your feelings too hurt. You can still keep playing WF of you like it.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Woah 1

9 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Do you know where you are? This is the offtopic subforum. I'm leaving an opinion, and some feedback. Don't look too into it, don't get your feelings too hurt. You can still keep playing WF of you like it.

This still isn't explaining the mindset behind your post.
I will ask again: Did you ever walk into a backery to tell them that you will NOT buy from them but from another backery?
If you didn't do that, why would you do it on the internet? Because it's anonymous and less embarassing?
All I see in your OP is "I like D2, I dislike Warframe". It's okay to think that. But why tell everyone about it? Do you believe that your thread is providing helpful feedback? What's the plan here?
Then again you don't seem like a person with a plan. Just doing some silly stuff for the lulz and that's it.

I wish you good luck. Have fun in D2. You will be back in 2 months. Maybe even 1 month.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

This still isn't explaining the mindset behind your post.
I will ask again: Did you ever walk into a backery to tell them that you will NOT buy from them but from another backery?
If you didn't do that, why would you do it on the internet? Because it's anonymous and less embarassing?
All I see in your OP is "I like D2, I dislike Warframe". It's okay to think that. But why tell everyone about it? Do you believe that your thread is providing helpful feedback? What's the plan here?
Then again you don't seem like a person with a plan. Just doing some silly stuff for the lulz and that's it.

I wish you good luck. Have fun in D2. You will be back in 2 months. Maybe even 1 month.

/ORSON WELLES SLOW CLAP

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

They also go into any thread that even mentions D2 to crow about how much better it is.