Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2 is a sleek, tight, AAA experience.

Ikyr0

15 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

I'm not saying both can't coexist. However, some players like myself only have time for one of them. D2 is a much more polished experience.

Only have time for one of them.....

me *staring at my steam list filled with games that are considered as a time consuming game*: indeed.... i gotta go to work now.

On 2019-10-08 at 11:31 AM, WhiteMarker said:

This still isn't explaining the mindset behind your post.

But I don't need to explain the mindset behind my post. this isn't a psychoanalysis of me, as much as some of you would like that. it's an opinion piece on what DE needs to work on, and what D2 does better. don't look too into it.

like you said, I'd very much like to come back to WF in a month. but it's doubtful DE will implement meaningful change in that time.

Edited by Ikyr0

57 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

But I don't need to explain the mindset behind my post. this isn't a psychoanalysis of me, as much as some of you would like that. it's an opinion piece on what DE needs to work on, and what D2 does better. don't look too into it.

like you said, I'd very much like to come back to WF in a month. but it's doubtful DE will implement meaningful change in that time.

Tru dat, fam.  I'm getting sick of WF because of it.  I've become a diehard Destiny fan now.

3 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:

Tru dat, fam.  I'm getting sick of WF because of it.  I've become a diehard Destiny fan now.

I would like to see how long that will last, considering 4 season pass that you have to pay and more DLC to have the good content, and they're going warframe in loot approach. Armor 2.0? Empty armor where you put mods as you wish like mod system in warframe. And now the crafting system

I want to like this game, but seriously the UI and the way it presents the world is messy.

My experience so far is mixed . After a quick control familiarization with Ghost, I landed smack in the middle of the Tower where my instincts kicked in telling me to just talk to as many NPCs as I can, collect quests and accomplish them efficiently and as fast as I can for those with time restrictions. So, who are these robot, aliens, ghosts etc. critters I am fighting against with and what am I fighting them for does not matter. Basically, just go loot, guess what abilities is most useful and keep on killing.

I enjoy the responsive gunplay and being a warlock has "Oomph" moments where you can lob energy grenades, do draining melees and of course the supers. Ammo matters, so shooting skills takes a lot of weight in missions. Having a party of different classes makes everything better too because you really need function as a squad and I learned that I am suppose to heal too. You die a lot, but I die a lot more on laser trap ridden tilesets that involves precise dashes and jumps because warlock controls sucks at it especially when you are new. Having no one to play with on-line, more often I am alone and bit more than I can chew several times that I got frustrated, quit and went back to WF.

Being so lost in the game made me question how much time or money I will put into D2 If I can't be more engaged at it than glorious gunplay with its almost absent story line. I wish they did more to make new players grasp what is going on because Destiny New Light is just overwhelmingly shallow for me at its current state.

49 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

I want to like this game, but seriously the UI and the way it presents the world is messy.

My experience so far is mixed . After a quick control familiarization with Ghost, I landed smack in the middle of the Tower where my instincts kicked in telling me to just talk to as many NPCs as I can, collect quests and accomplish them efficiently and as fast as I can for those with time restrictions. So, who are these robot, aliens, ghosts etc. critters I am fighting against with and what am I fighting them for does not matter. Basically, just go loot, guess what abilities is most useful and keep on killing.

I enjoy the responsive gunplay and being a warlock has "Oomph" moments where you can lob energy grenades, do draining melees and of course the supers. Ammo matters, so shooting skills takes a lot of weight in missions. Having a party of different classes makes everything better too because you really need function as a squad and I learned that I am suppose to heal too. You die a lot, but I die a lot more on laser trap ridden tilesets that involves precise dashes and jumps because warlock controls sucks at it especially when you are new. Having no one to play with on-line, more often I am alone and bit more than I can chew several times that I got frustrated, quit and went back to WF.

Being so lost in the game made me question how much time or money I will put into D2 If I can't be more engaged at it than glorious gunplay with its almost absent story line. I wish they did more to make new players grasp what is going on because Destiny New Light is just overwhelmingly shallow for me at its current state.

This is so me and I'm just 10 hours into the game. I'm still looking for some sort of story but all I see is just mindless raids, mindless public events, mindless patrols, mindless quests, mindless daily quests.

Warframe is already mindless as it is, I don't need another mindless game.

10 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

Warframe is already mindless as it is

I don't know that building your mod loadout for your gears and numerous calculations to one hit kill the hydrolist is mindless. Guess destiny 2 is a no-brainer then

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I don't know that building your mod loadout for your gears and numerous calculations to one hit kill the hydrolist is mindless. Guess destiny 2 is a no-brainer then

Sorry to burst your bubble white knight. One hitting Eidolons? Lame.

A philosopher once said: "Life is a journey, not a destination."

11 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble white knight. One hitting Eidolons? Lame.

A philosopher once said: "Life is a journey, not a destination."

Sure, just call someone white knight if you dislike that person's statement. Also, shooting an enlarged mob for 5 minutes straight? Lame

Then? The journey is visible compared to destiny where you hardly feel the journey. Just a run on a treadmill

16 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

You yourself worded your OP so that you don't want to come back. So why would DE care about pleasing you, if you weren't coming back?

When saying you will come back I'm just realistic. That's how it always goes. Someone says they are leaving and shortly after they are back as if nothing ever happened.
And your return won't be about Warframe having new stuff. It will be about D2 becoming boring to you.

All in all this thread is just about you, and you thinking that you are important in any way, shape or form. A pointless thread with no goal at all. If you wanted to provide feedback, you would have worded your OP differently. You would have posted in the proper section. And you wouldn't have gone over how so much better another game is, because that's not how feedback works. If you want to play another game, then play that game. Don't try to turn a game into another one. If we did that, all we would have left is Fortnite.

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

Sure, just call someone white knight if you dislike that person's statement. Also, shooting an enlarged mob for 5 minutes straight? Lame

Then? The journey is visible compared to destiny where you hardly feel the journey. Just a run on a treadmill

I don't dislike your statement but I will call you out for being a white knight though and I don't really care about Destiny 2.

I don't mean any disrespect because I think being a white knight is noble.

What I care about is the content drought because I already invested my time and money on this game, I would like to see it flourish.

1 minute ago, Mikaer88 said:

What I care about is the content drought because I already invested my time and money on this game, I would like to see it flourish.

Is it though? Or just the words people keep parroting left and right but refuse to play existing content with many excuses?

Why don't you play Eidolon, Profit-Taker or Exploiter while waiting for new content?

14 hours ago, 844448 said:

I would like to see how long that will last, considering 4 season pass that you have to pay and more DLC to have the good content, and they're going warframe in loot approach. Armor 2.0? Empty armor where you put mods as you wish like mod system in warframe. And now the crafting system

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

Is it though? Or just the words people keep parroting left and right but refuse to play existing content with many excuses?

Why don't you play Eidolon, Profit-Taker or Exploiter while waiting for new content?

Cause most of us already have.  It's getting old to us, and even DE's own content creators.   @mogamu for instance has gotten back into Destiny and is actually enjoying himself.  The storytelling in it is much more interesting, imo.  If you wish to continue playing WF, that's up to you.  I don't plan on changing your mind, just laying out facts to aid in your decision.

11 minutes ago, Gamer4Christ said:

Cause most of us already have.  It's getting old to us, and even DE's own content creators.   @mogamu for instance has gotten back into Destiny and is actually enjoying himself.  The storytelling in it is much more interesting, imo.  If you wish to continue playing WF, that's up to you.  I don't plan on changing your mind, just laying out facts to aid in your decision.

What storytelling? I hardly get anything clear about the story outside the campaign which doesn't explain much whatsoever

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

What storytelling? I hardly get anything clear about the story outside the campaign which doesn't explain much whatsoever

Sounds like you weren't paying attention. 😂  Also, I specifically meant the campaigns.  The storylines in it are quite interesting.

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

What I was wondering about. 

All the story I recall was on a separate website and not available in the game. What was in the game was a, "What the hell...?!?" kind of experience. Not good in a game that ostensibly aspires to a deep story involving the player character (yes, I'm laughing as I type this). 

It was this sort of thing that contributed to both my and my friends' exit from the game. 

On 2019-10-08 at 11:45 AM, WhiteMarker said:

Could someone explain to me the reasoning behind this thread?

Could you explain your reasoning behind you going into literally every thread on this forum and leaving snarky pseudo-intellectual comments in them that don't contribute anything?

Seriously, take some time off the forums, you're wasting too much time here.

11 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Could you explain your reasoning behind you going into literally every thread on this forum and leaving snarky pseudo-intellectual comments in them that don't contribute anything?

Boredom. And, as English isn't my first language, I'm trying to improve it. And getting into some arguments is actually not the worst thing to get better at a foreign language.
Especially this thread right here serves no purpose as I explained in my last post. OffTopic-Section alone makes this thread completely pointless. So there is nothing wrong with having fun and adding nothing to the conversation, because the section isn't meant for something like what OP intended.

And the question you quoted was actually genuine curiosity.
So what's with you? Any reasons to come at me like that? Your post added just as much to the thread as my posts did. It's actually quite funny that you replied to my post. This means you were bored enough to read through all these posts before mine. Considering that this thread was made on October 4th. You seem to be bored as hell.
Or maybe you are following me. Are you actually a fan? Do you want an autograph?

15 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Boredom. And, as English isn't my first language, I'm trying to improve it. And getting into some arguments is actually not the worst thing to get better at a foreign language.

That's actually very reasonable, good on you.

And yes, I get bored too, heh.

5 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:

Sounds like you weren't paying attention. 😂  Also, I specifically meant the campaigns.  The storylines in it are quite interesting.

Yeah sure, the almighty, using planet to kill the sun, osiris  going back despite all of our efforts to free him after defeating the mind in it, ana bray saying "we got this" at the end of the campaign, what's so clear about it? After the campaign it's just strike over and over to chase your power until you reach max

14 hours ago, 844448 said:

Yeah sure, the almighty, using planet to kill the sun, osiris  going back despite all of our efforts to free him after defeating the mind in it, ana bray saying "we got this" at the end of the campaign, what's so clear about it? After the campaign it's just strike over and over to chase your power until you reach max

Well, if you think about it, it's pretty much the same way in Warframe.  Once those story missions are done, it's back to the ole grinder again.  I honestly have to say I got pretty sick of it, hence my leaving for a while.  Maybe when they decide to make some interesting content, I'll return.  And unfortunately for DE, it'll take more than a Fat Boi 'Frame to appease my interests...