Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would be nice having Nightwaves added to the Leverian

Xolot

The Leverian seems to tell about things that left a mark in the past, currently is only related to Warframes (Gauss), but Nightwave stories also marked the System, with the Wolf and his wolfpack on a killing spree and becoming the first affected by the Amalgam technology, or with Arlo infesting what at first were just innocent devotees and threatening to infest the whole System with Derrelicts

I think it would be great to have a place where there are dioramas related to these and every new nightwave, maybe with bits of lore or info that we couldn't get from Nora, a story told from the point of view of Drusus, that saw things that neither Nora or us could

hace 1 hora, Hyro1 dijo:

Pretty sure Leverian is only for the frames

Yeah, that's why i'm proposing that it get extended to nightwave too

hace 49 minutos, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

We can already rewatch the episodes in the night wave screen.

But we can't see more in depth data about the wolf pack, about what they did to them or the Wolf in order to turn that way, dioramas of every of Wolf's phases and how they differ about each other, or even the weapons they use.

Also we can't see Arlos's true form, know what happened with him or Kenga after NW2 end, know how this new strain works to create those infested exo suits. Also seeing dioramas of different mutations or even a big diorama of an infested derelict would be great

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xolot said:

Yeah, that's why i'm proposing that it get extended to nightwave too

But we can't see more in depth data about the wolf pack, about what they did to them or the Wolf in order to turn that way, dioramas of every of Wolf's phases and how they differ about each other, or even the weapons they use.

Also we can't see Arlos's true form, know what happened with him or Kenga after NW2 end, know how this new strain works to create those infested exo suits. Also seeing dioramas of different mutations or even a big diorama of an infested derelict would be great

You’re forgetting that this is Warframe and they never just flat out say the lore to you. It’s either through lines of metaphor and similes, or picks a weird scenario to explain the lore from that only gives us a very small sliver of information that only makes sense after you figure out the context through something else.

There’s already the Codex entries for the enemies.

and there are Captura scenes of the derelict

Yes the ending of season 2 was kind of disappointing but that’s no excuse to completely changing what The leverian is for.

^Pretty much this^

Its meant to gives lore on frames that don't have quests and for future frames as well, all of which are displayed like its a museum/diorama.

Not as a record of the history of events in the world

• Like 1

hace 12 minutos, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

You’re forgetting that this is Warframe and they never just flat out say the lore to you. It’s either through lines of metaphor and similes, or picks a weird scenario to explain the lore from that only gives us a very small sliver of information that only makes sense after you figure out the context through something else.

There’s already the Codex entries for the enemies.

and there are Captura scenes of the derelict

Yes the ending of season 2 was kind of disappointing but that’s no excuse to completely changing what The leverian is for.

But wasn't the leverian and warframe quests exactly for that? Telling you the lore, flat out.

Codex is info on technical data about each unit, has nothing to do with lore

"The Leverian is a museum of artifacts curated by the enigmatic Drusus Leverian. These galleries serve to shed light on WARFRAME's lore, typically centered around an individual Warframe along with associated weapons and items of interest."

-Taken from Warframe Wiki

Right now the leverian depicts just 1 warframe, but nothing really defines that it must stay forever based solelly around Warframes, and having another subsection added to Nightwave wouln't hinder or hurt the development of the Warframe section of the Leverian in any way, if only it would give more use to the Leverian beyond a new diorama every time a Warframe is released (and hopefully some data on those warframes that have nothing at all)

1 hour ago, Xolot said:

But wasn't the leverian and warframe quests exactly for that? Telling you the lore, flat out.

Codex is info on technical data about each unit, has nothing to do with lore

"The Leverian is a museum of artifacts curated by the enigmatic Drusus Leverian. These galleries serve to shed light on WARFRAME's lore, typically centered around an individual Warframe along with associated weapons and items of interest."

-Taken from Warframe Wiki

Right now the leverian depicts just 1 warframe, but nothing really defines that it must stay forever based solelly around Warframes, and having another subsection added to Nightwave wouln't hinder or hurt the development of the Warframe section of the Leverian in any way, if only it would give more use to the Leverian beyond a new diorama every time a Warframe is released (and hopefully some data on those warframes that have nothing at all)

:facepalm:

ooooh why am I even bothering replying. It not like you’re actually listening.

the Codex and Captura have the enemy and derelict dioramas that you want.

Leverian was made so DE no longer had to make FRAME quests specifically. Just because the wiki has some flavor text doesn’t immediately  mean that DE should use the levarian to tell everything about everything like a 7th grade history class. 

Also, why does DE have to tell you want happened? Use your imagination.

hace 23 horas, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

:facepalm:

ooooh why am I even bothering replying. It not like you’re actually listening.

the Codex and Captura have the enemy and derelict dioramas that you want.

Leverian was made so DE no longer had to make FRAME quests specifically. Just because the wiki has some flavor text doesn’t immediately  mean that DE should use the levarian to tell everything about everything like a 7th grade history class. 

Also, why does DE have to tell you want happened? Use your imagination.

I am reading you, yet i've yet to see you tell me why it would be a bad idea, or in any way detrimental to expand the Leverian instead of leaving it as dead content until a new warframe is released. Just because you make something with one objective in mind, doesn't mean it can't be expanded in any way beyond that point, even more when we are talking Warframe's Universe. Also Leverian is a Museum, if there should be a place where these kind of stories are told in detail, is in there, not in the codex or from Nora herself

Codex also has Warframe and Weapon dioramas

Why does DE have to tell you what happened? Because the whole Nightwave is about telling a story maybe?

Why does DE have to tell you what happened in Altra? Use your imagination

44 minutes ago, Xolot said:

I am reading you, yet i've yet to see you tell me why it would be a bad idea, or in any way detrimental to expand the Leverian instead of leaving it as dead content until a new warframe is released. Just because you make something with one objective in mind, doesn't mean it can't be expanded in any way beyond that point, even more when we are talking Warframe's Universe. Also Leverian is a Museum, if there should be a place where these kind of stories are told in detail, is in there, not in the codex or from Nora herself

Codex also has Warframe and Weapon dioramas

Why does DE have to tell you what happened? Because the whole Nightwave is about telling a story maybe?

Why does DE have to tell you what happened in Altra? Use your imagination

This is what I mean. You’re not listening. You’re taking what I said and twisting it around.

theres a difference between past lore (Altra) and current events (Saturn Six). Take a guess as to which one I was telling you to use your imagination for. Scratch that I don’t trust your decision making to be good enough to do that. I was talking about Saturn Six.

En 5/10/2019 a las 18:07, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

This is what I mean. You’re not listening. You’re taking what I said and twisting it around.

theres a difference between past lore (Altra) and current events (Saturn Six). Take a guess as to which one I was telling you to use your imagination for. Scratch that I don’t trust your decision making to be good enough to do that. I was talking about Saturn Six.

I'm stating what I would like you to explain to me bluntly.

Until now you've given this points: (bit resumed not to bloat the answer)

1. Nightwave can be rewatched in its designated section
  2. This is Warframe and they never just flat out say the lore to you. Season 2 ending was disappointing but that's no motive to change what the leverian is for.
  3. Leverian was made so DE no longer had to make FRAME quests specifically.
  4. There is a difference between past lore and current events

Making it simpler, maybe i've failed to explain myself properly

What of these points state an actual reason for not adding a section about Nightwave in another wing of the Leverian?

1. Nightwave can be rewatched, and still not give additional info that the writers could easy pour into this section of Leverian, doesn't seem that this contradicts what I'm suggesting it any way
  2. Warframe DOES state the lore bluntly, usually by quests and sometimes by comics or ingame writing, still can't see this as a reason not to add that section to Leverian, a history museum. Also... in wich way does adding Nightwave dioramas change what Leverian is for? adding a side wing to a museum doesn't erase the main building, if only helps the Museum grow bigger and attract the attention of even more visitors that might be interested in that.
  3. This third one, about the original objective of the Leverian is an actual reason, I mean, doesn't explain why it shouldn't be made, but does add grounds for DE not to take that approach, still, wouldn't be the first time DE adds something to a mechanic, boss or mission to give it another purpose on top of what it already had (Warframe parts and mod relocation often, but also things like Codex having as section for secrets, or even Nakak's mutiple shops)
  4. There is a difference between past lore and current events, and it's that right now only Nightwave part 2 is current lore, while NW1 is already past and soon NW2 will be.  Remembering those stories, getting more data on them that we might've overlooked is also valuable, even if it might not seem like that to you right now, even if they are pretty recent, and there is Nora telling us roughtly what happened, having somewhere we could know everything about this past event is important on its own right. Warframe story is already foggy enough with how past quest's lore was handled and the lack of repeating event quests.

Your opinion seems to be that Nightwave shouldn't be added to the Leverian Museum because they aren't part of the main intent when developing that space, because they are vaguely told in Nightwave and are fairly recent. Mine is that a Museum needs to grow, and that adding this would in no way harm the Leverian, only make it greater and bring more people that might not be interested in the newest Warframes but might be eager to know more about how the whole system and factions reacted to what happened in each Nightwave, bringing a bit more of life to an otherwise ever-still universe of Warframe, that is also Nightwave's intention to begin with

Edited by Xolot