Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Spirit of Halloween.

Nichivo

I'd like to propose 3 changes for Nekros in the spirit of Halloween. I feel Bonedaddy could use a small update. Relax, I love Nekros it will break nothing.

1 Make Soul punch useful, remove the damage entirely, and  have it literally knock the soul out of a mob creating a shadow of the dead from that specific mob, the target remains with full health and still needs to be killed.

2 Remove the shadow of the dead decay rate, and have it go back to duration based, with recasting refreshing the timer.

3 OK this is a joke but not really, give him 666 shields that can't be affected by mods, in honor of the original Nekros. I told you it's a joke. Na just feeling some nostalgia, but it would be fun.

This would allow you to craft your undead army using soul punch, and keep them active with recasts of shadows of the dead, for a more interactive game play. Nothing to terribly power creep just some some undead love for my favorite Bonedaddy!

Edited by Nichivo

Just now, Klaleara said:

Casting Shadows of the Dead currently refresh's them, FYI.

Why did you assume I was not aware of that? The proposed changes also fix the glaring issue of losing your army at extreme high levels since soul punch would create a shadow. 

2 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

Why did you assume I was not aware of that? The proposed changes also fix the glaring issue of losing your army at extreme high levels since soul punch would create a shadow. 

For the most part, you want to lose your army.  Otherwise your army is going to become useless.  You need to make keep making new troops.

What happens when you're at 7 shadows, and you soul punch something?  Just removes the last one you made?

Idk, your soul punch is clearly better than the current one, cause as we know, it's useless.  I just don't see it being THAT good, since our 4 just fills our Shadows to cap already.  Nitpicking which Shadow to get isn't really the problem with Nekros imo, imo its the crap scaling at end game for enemy vs enemy mobs.  We need to be able to add mods to our Shadows, and things will work out better.

1 minute ago, Klaleara said:

For the most part, you want to lose your army.  Otherwise your army is going to become useless.  You need to make keep making new troops.

What happens when you're at 7 shadows, and you soul punch something?  Just removes the last one you made?

Idk, your soul punch is clearly better than the current one, cause as we know, it's useless.  I just don't see it being THAT good, since our 4 just fills our Shadows to cap already.  Nitpicking which Shadow to get isn't really the problem with Nekros imo, imo its the crap scaling at end game for enemy vs enemy mobs.  We need to be able to add mods to our Shadows, and things will work out better.

So you are saying you do not see the benefit in being able to craft your army by choosing who you soul punch, or being able to regenerate a lost army at high levels with soul punch.

I've not had issues with shadows 2 hours in on survival(but choosing the shadows would be better). I just wish the decay would be replaced with the old duration timer, and I would like soul punch to be more than a brief solitary target cc.

By all means post a change, that makes sense, and results in more interactive play without being filled with power creep if you have one.

I don't see mods for shadows as necessary, they are there mainly IMO to give a target rich environment to the enemy that I can get lost in, and possibly reduce damage if using the augment.

13 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

I don't see mods for shadows as necessary, they are there mainly IMO to give a target rich environment to the enemy that I can get lost in, and possibly reduce damage if using the augment.

I want more than just a target rich environment.  I want them to actually do damage.  Really all I want in life.  Once Shadows deal competent damage, I'd love Nekros to no end.

I've posted quite a long thread, one that I'm planning on redoing in November after some more thinking.  But the same as this, its just silly dreaming, cause nothing will most likely change.

I personally want them to remove the farming portion of Nekros, cause I feel that is the reason Nekros doesn't get changed.  "He's in a good spot, cause hes used to often".  You take away Desecrate, and playtime on Nekros will plummet into the abyss of nothingness.  

--

My Dream Nekros (Summarized to extreme, and pipedream)

Passive:  Gain Health from enemies dying (Unchanged) and collect souls.

Exalted Pet:  Death Knight.  Just cause it would be cool to have a perma pet as Nekros.  And add melee mods to it.  % of the mods go towards your shadows.

1 - Your Death Knight enters the shadows where ever he is at, and basically teleports to the target, and immediately does a cleaving attack.  Augment will have your entire army teleport to it.

2 - Corpse Explosion basically.  Also causes Health/Energy/Objective/Ammo to drop (Basically desecrate, without mod/credits/resources, and add explosive damage)

3 - Shadows of the Dead.  Unchanged, except for the mods from DK.

4 - Shadow Realm.  Your souls (Up to 50 or 75) are released, and cover an area in shadow.  Souls fly around (Incorporeal) doing some cold damage, and slowing the enemies.  While allies, and Shadows gain additional cold damage to their weapons.

---

I do think your Soul Punch is good for a small rework on the current Nekros.  I just think Nekros needs a lot more work than that.  And, refreshing Shadows isn't great, since your Shadows are stuck at the level of the target.  So you need to get new Shadows to keep up.  And if they last longer, and Soul Punch is how you get your army.  And Army of the Dead just regens them, it seems...meh?  Its basically 1 power becoming 2 different powers, with only a slight increase in usefulness.

Edited by Klaleara

4 minutes ago, Klaleara said:

I want more than just a target rich environment.  I want them to actually do damage.  Really all I want in life.  Once Shadows deal competent damage, I'd love Nekros to no end.

I've posted quite a long thread, one that I'm planning on redoing in November after some more thinking.  But the same as this, its just silly dreaming, cause nothing will most likely change.

I personally want them to remove the farming portion of Nekros, cause I feel that is the reason Nekros doesn't get changed.  "He's in a good spot, cause hes used to often".  You take away Desecrate, and playtime on Nekros will plummet into the abyss of nothingness.  

--

My Dream Nekros (Summarized to extreme, and pipedream)

Passive:  Gain Health from enemies dying (Unchanged) and collect souls.

Exalted Pet:  Death Knight.  Just cause it would be cool to have a perma pet as Nekros.  And add melee mods to it.  % of the mods go towards your shadows.

1 - Your Death Knight enters the shadows where ever he is at, and basically teleports to the target, and immediately does a cleaving attack.  Augment will have your entire army teleport to it.

2 - Corpse Explosion basically.  Also causes Health/Energy/Objective/Ammo to drop (Basically desecrate, without mod/credits/resources, and add explosive damage)

3 - Shadows of the Dead.  Unchanged, except for the mods from DK.

4 - Shadow Realm.  Your souls (Up to 50 or 75) are released, and cover an area in shadow.  Souls fly around (Incorporeal) doing some cold damage, and slowing the enemies.  While allies, and Shadows gain additional cold damage to their weapons.

---

I do think your Soul Punch is good for a small rework on the current Nekros.  I just think Nekros needs a lot more work than that.  And, refreshing Shadows isn't great, since your Shadows are stuck at the level of the target.  So you need to get new Shadows to keep up.  And if they last longer, and Soul Punch is how you get your army.  And Army of the Dead just regens them, it seems...meh?  Its basically 1 power becoming 2 different powers, with only a slight increase in usefulness.

I could see some of those in a new frame, it pulls abilities from necromancers from Diablo, Rift, and Everquest.

Soul punch would as I said above create new shadows replacing the oldest shadow on the list. So you can keep your army fresh as you want.