Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban & Ember Dev Workshop

[DE]Connor

Overall, the reworks look good. Only concerns are:

1. Nail Turret grenade would feel abit underwhelming as a damage tool in higher levels, perhaps more utility on it to have it get some use the higher you go, without making it an AFK dmg tool?

2. The Immolation penalty looks too punishing. Draining all your energy if you don't keep an eye on it for a few seconds is a very big penalty. Maybe more change to how the build-up or penalty works?

Other than that, very excited to try out their kits in the near future.

No beating round the bush,straight to the point...

1. Tesla:

Probably the best addition to his kit atm,along with his new ultimate where Bastille and Vortex are merged. Reliable mobile crowd control,that doesn't disappear after a single use.

2. Minelayer:  

OMG!!!!  The missed opportunity for this ability....I can't even express the prime disappointment within me...from more gimmicky mines to a horizontal push bounce...because...that's exactly what we needed,an alternation of the troll mine.Scott said that identity of this ability  is hopefully utility...so..lets see how much utility has he provided us,shall we? 🙂

So we got:

a) Poor man's tether mine....what utility is it suppose to provide? Reeling enemies into an existing Bastille? Hm,interesting..or we can just..ya know..throw another Bastille out there,crowd controling a second batch of enemies..

b) (The last) Nail (into Vauban's coffin) mine...another very usefull mine,don't get me wrong.Vauban is gonna need those nails when he starts building and assembling his shop at Cetus market,because that's where his career is going..

c) Horizontal push speed mine,which is basically Bounce with a new coat of makeup...but you see..the thing with trolls is...no matter how much makeup you put on them,they're still trolls...

d)Dmg buff/amplification mine -no matter how insignificant the dmg buff is,this mine wins with unanimous decision,because it was never really a competition to begin with,considering other mines..

Missed opportunity to give utility of survivability,a defensive mine,that grants armor/shields/constant shield regen/shield dome,which is what our squishy engineer boi needs...not more gimmicks and tricks. Ammo regeneration,ammo drops mine,with a significant ammo chunks per pulse.And yes..we do have ammo restores via gear...but we also have energy restores and yet no one is angry when Trinity feeds us with energy,right? A lot of possibilities and unique gameplay-wise mechanics missed...for what..another set of gimmick mines? -___-

3.Orbital strike: 

The jump in air animation lock...for the love of God...our already squishy Vauban didn't really needed an animation that locks his movement,introducing him to certain death.The best unique thing Vauban ever had was that all of his abilities were ready on the go...simple throwing animation..that doesn't even stop reloading.
This wouldn't be an issue,if he were given a defensive/survivability mechanic trough an ability...but..we all know how that tale ends..
The dmg is suppose to scale,it's a good thing,but imho, this was the only option if they wanted this ability to really be the damage  portion of his new kit.

4.Bastille/Vortex

Once again,the animation lock...just why? 

For all of you out there,typing:"We don't know anything until we try it ingame." Just stop...we've seen what it does ingame,or should I say,what it doesn't do ingame.

Hate me and bash me all you want. ❤️

7 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

This is a bit harsh. You're essentially penalizing using her abilities. Given how fast the meter filled on stream, its going to be too easy to accidentally overheat. Look at Gauss. He has a similar mechanic. Yet he doesn't get penalized for keeping it at max. Add an energy drain at max immolation instead of expending all energy if you want to penalize max meter

i would rather say that instead of this, or even both, that when we get to 100 per 100, we get a visual warning in the middle of our HUD , like big red flashy icon on our aim visor, with written on it "/!\ OVERHEAT /!\" so we know that we have to discharge a bit of our heat metter, giving us something like a 3 period grace before we actually lose all the energy. does it sounds nice to you?

sorry double post >.>

Both look amazing in the Simulacrum but I agree with the sentiment that full-draining Ember's EN on an overheat is a bit too punishing.  Especially as Scott himself put it, "she's energy hungry."

Like I didn't have the micromanaging issues that some have with Gauss + Redline but that was easy enough to build up with no penalty.  I know it's a WIP but I'm hoping this gets taken under consideration!

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

To reiterate, we will be listening closely to feedback, and will remain open to changes both before and after release.

I get the impression that this is supposed to be you compensating for the whole fiasco that happened with Arbitration feedback, and that's great, but...

If you didn't listen to the feedback with that, why should we think that you will with this?

I mean, you've reevaluated your stance and been communicative about the Mod drop chance booster backlash, so why haven't you done the same with the reaction to the Arbitration changes?

I'm genuinely confused by this.

Sadly Vauban rework seems to be great in theory but in practice not that good, reason for that is the fact that enemies that can outright ignore CC abities exist, without them in game this would be soild rework but sadly we have them in game, because of that vauban wont be played in any higher tier content(like arbitrations).

As a whole this rework is improvement to current vauban in every way but its nowhere near best reworks we had in warframe because vauban rework doesnt provide him with survivability, there are enemies that can outright ignore some of strognest abilitites it has and it has no scaling, people will have fun with this rework for few weeks then they will return to frames that provide them with the survivablity or damage scaling(and whose abilities wont be ignored by enemies),

To be quite honest, I do hope that for Immolation(Ember's new #2) that they add in the same effect of Accelerant to it in an AOE around Ember.

I liked that ability, as simple as it was.

Make it do more heat x damage the more the meter is filled.

As is, Immolation is a rather generic ability, and adding in Accelerant's functionality to it would make it better, IMO.

I mean the ability is named Immolation, and all it is is a meter that gives DR. Like seriously! It's named IMMOLATION. One hell of a great name, lol.

Heat procs being stackable like all the other dots is really appreciated, to the point that the armor stripping isn't really needed but still appreciated.

Though I'm hoping her 1 could be a single, spammable version of her ults meteors. Or more like the dissic scaffold.

@(PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Many people thought Wisp would be sh!t at first, and she's a new favorite warframe. Many people thought wukong's rework would also be sh!t, and yet he's another new popular Warframe ... Seriously, he's a ridiculous powerhouse. 

I'd suggest that you wait until the rework deploys before you start bashing the rework, or thinking it's the end of the world, or before you assume that you'll hate her lol 

7 minutes ago, feralknights said:

Both look amazing in the Simulacrum but I agree with the sentiment that full-draining Ember's EN on an overheat is a bit too punishing.  Especially as Scott himself put it, "she's energy hungry."

Like I didn't have the micromanaging issues that some have with Gauss + Redline but that was easy enough to build up with no penalty.  I know it's a WIP but I'm hoping this gets taken under consideration!

I agree with this. If it does still take away all of your energy at launch, at least give you a duration buff that gives you amazing energy regen, maybe scaling with heat procs as well in some way. So if it does take your energy away, you still gain energy back at a high rate. A bit like Ember's old passive(which tbh should prob' stay in along with her new, but that's just my opinion).

EDIT: IIRC the energy take away was from her ultimate, which is what I'm talkin' about here. But if it's from Overheat, well, sorta still counts I guess, but yeah.

Only thing I kinda disagree on the heat meter is that It punish you by maximizing it unlike every other frame that have meters récently.  Why just not make it drain energy per second if it stays over 100% . Losing all energy is definitely too much . There is something that the team doesnt seem to understand is that most casual players dont want to micromanage everything . 

Also the nail grenade is overwhelming. Why not make it for a status that really help like viral ? Or make them slash since nail can scratch you pretty hard 

All the rest for the 2 frames seems great and excellent

3 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I just want to know why her passive skill takes up an ability slot...

It's a toggle damage reduction; it's not her passive. It also deals burst damage when you turn off the toggle

Her passive is "the more ignited enemies you have, the more ability strength she deals"

9 minutes ago, Phaeronimus said:

3.Orbital strike: 

The jump in air animation lock...his new kit.

4.Bastille/Vortex

Once again,the animation lock...just why? 

Since it literally just got into the dev build, that animation wasn't fully tested. Heck at 46:20, they talked about how it definitely felt off.

I am thrill about what proposed for her rework. I am used to play her as a glass cannon CC frame but I welcome the effort into turning her abilities more focused on damage dealing. The only thing that bottered me about her was her squishyness du to the loss of Overheat glad to see overheat back in a new form for Ember.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)ELM0Damian said:

And her 3rd is a knockback yuck. Why knock enemies away from her new passive?

I'm not sure about the really far knockback.... I think their intent was to knockdown, and use that for damage mitigation which ember needs... But idk about the far travel distance with pushing them far away. Great point/question! 

Archived