[DE]Connor

Vauban & Ember Dev Workshop

4 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

I disagree. 

Yes some warframes can be better at certain things than others, but pretty much every warframe can do endgame content without too much difficulty.... With the exception of the ones who need reworks. That's why they're getting reworks. 

Being a "low level" Warframe isn't much of a specialty, and it shouldn't have been a specialty to begin with. Yes she should lose that specialty, and get something better instead. 

And I'm not talking about what's the best weapon for trash mobs. My point is that literally anything works on trash mobs. So we definitely don't need a "low level" Warframe lol

I agree. What we can have is warframes that are very easy to understand and that are more likely to be used by newcomers during early planets. Excalibur and Rhino are pretty easy to understand for new players, unlike others like Saryn  or Nidus (their wikia pages are essays by themselves😂).

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, HolySeraphin said:

I agree. What we can have is warframes that are very easy to understand. Excalibur and Rhino are pretty easy to understand for new players, unlike others like Saryn  or Nidus (their wikia pages are essays by themselves😂)

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense from a "new player" or "low level" perspective. 

I play on ps4 and it’s extremely hard to charge Ember’s fireball and move and aim at the same time. De should make it so that holding the ability menu button charges up her fireball, as well as other charged abilities from other frames 

• Like 4

Here are my thoughts:

Vauban -

My problems are definitely still with Tesla and Minelayer. Though they are both definitely better than they were before, from what I can see so far, they still aren't really worth using due to them being extremely underwhelming. Tesla also still isn't a strong enough ability on its own to be outside of Minelayer. Tesla at this point is still a bit worse than Wisp's Shock Mote, as it completely stuns multiple enemies at a time, is attached to you (stuns enemies within your range) and it has two other abilities with it. Minelayer, on the other hand, beside Damage Amp, doesn't have a single function that is worthwhile. "Sticky Ripline" doesn't grab enough enemies, "Nail Grenade"'s only function is puncture damage which definitely isn't looking to be good, and "Boost Pad" isn't helpful, as it only gives a small speed increase in a single direction on the ground. To prevent Vauban from having only two useful abilities all over again, here are my suggestions for changes.

• Tesla
    • completely replace this ability, as Tesla should be in Minelayer (Vauban Sentinel????)
  • Minelayer
    • remove Stick-line, replace with Tesla, as we already have two other abilities that immobilize enemies and another abilities that does the grouping much better
      • Tesla Changes - Vauban throws out (3) Tesla Rollers at a time, immobilizing enemies it latches onto for the complete duration, and shocking enemies every second within a short range
        • these changes allow Vauban to be more efficient at CC-ing enemies w/ Tesla due to having multiple shockers at once w/o increased energy cost
    • Nail Grenade Changes - Remove armor drain from Bastille/Vortex, apply to Nail Grenade. Add slash damage and status.
      • encourages players to use Nail Grenade while also adding additional damage capabilities to the ability
    • Boost Pad Changes - Creates a Boost Platform directly in front of you, whether in the air or on the ground. On boost, Vauban and all allies (pad fades after next pad is created) are propelled forwards, knocking down any enemies, which grant a great amount of shields/overshields when hit. Afterwards, Vauban and allies are granted a 50% increase in speed for a few seconds.
    • Damage Amp sounds pretty good. As long as it's a good value, no changes here.

These changes should make Vauban's 1st and 2nd abilities much more reliable for controlling, damaging, and supporting on the battlefield.

Ember -

Ember is looking SUPER GOOD! Excellent job on this one guys, though I do have some small gripes.

My complaint with Fire Ball is the same with all other chargeable abilities. No one will use the non-charged version because there's no benefit in doing so. I'm not too sure that Fire Ball will significantly improve because of Ember's changes, but I'll hold out hope. For Fire Blast, my only complaint is that the ragdoll seems a bit too strong. Perhaps just a guaranteed blast proc or knockdown instead will do the trick.

• Like 1

I don't play form ps4 so i might be wrong, but maybe you can change that in the controller's options

Scrap this quiver-like Minelayer. There are no occasions in which Vauban benefits from having 4 choices (1 "good" and 3 gimmicky) among other 3 abilities. It's better to have a single, normal ability that can synergize with the others.

Minelayer replacement suggestion: Support Beacon (flashy name: Operational Amplifier)

- Throws a specter-like blob. The blob transforms into a small beacon (similar in size to Venus's Bounty Trap). When the blob transforms, deals a radial Cold damage + status to everyone within a radius. All enemies that enter the radius will be slowed down. After a number of enemies are killed within that area, the beacon emits an armor buff that lasts for X seconds.

- Can only have one at a time. Throw another Support Beacon at the existing one, it will briefly suck enemies nearby and apply Cold status.

Synergies:

- Throw a Tesla Drone at the Beacon. It will change the slow down area to an electric field area. Deals a lot more damage than a single Drone, but needs more time to charge. After a number of enemies are killed within that area, the beacon emits a damage buff that lasts for X seconds. Throw another Tesla Drone, it will overcharge and emit an electric expanding wave.

If you throw another Support Beacon at the existing one, it will revert to the slow down area/ armor buff.

- Throw an Orbital Strike at the beacon. It will Sticky Ripline enemies nearby. Adds Blast damage to the Orbital Strike damage. Destroys the beacon in the process. If a number of enemies are killed by the explosion, drops an energy orb.

Still kinda engineer theme, still has cc, still more usability focused, can add survivability and damage, has interaction with other abilities. But the most important: it's something I'd spend energy on.

• Like 3

Lats time I tried using controller on pc you gotta hold R1 was it and then on of the 4 action buttons to use an ability, and since you gotta hold 2 to charge and then trying to move it isnt easy and that why I dont use controller I honestly dont know how your console people play

Yup, this is my 2nd biggest gripe on controllers (other being after bullet jumping some reason my operator can only dash straight). It just hurts my soul when I try to use a frame like Hydroid and move around before dropping my 1 or 4.

For Ember,

1) For those saying how much damage her abilities did to level 200 corrupted butchers on the stream - at that level they only have over 110k effective health. A correctly modded primary or secondary could kill them in a single headshot.

2) My primary concern with Ember's passive is that fire/heat status effects will increase her power strength. Meaning if you're casting her abilities and using a weapon modded for it, you should see some nice numbers. However, without accelerant, a weapon that can spread fire status everywhere will only be a tool for that and won't be too much of a damage dealer.

3) How much damage can we expect from Immolation bursting? Wouldn't mind losing all my energy if it was almost a guaranteed kill of everything in sight.

4) Any word on how her augments will change?

5) Is fire status effect stacking going to be a global change for all fire procs or just from Ember's abilities?

6) For those asking the purpose of Fireball, it's a basic ability and has multiple uses. Guaranteed heat proc to a single enemy. Fireball casts leave an aoe on the ground that can also proc heat status and provide minor cc while buffing her new status.

For Vauban,

1) I assume the nail grenade/mine will be great against weaker opponents like in the start of the starchart? Otherwise, could be useless unless it takes off modding from a weapon.

• Like 1

Ember is my favorite frame. I have built and forma'd and modded and reworked for WoF. Im only going to say that I'm not happy with that change. However, If Im able to get all of the forma back from the build so I can work her again, I'll be placated.  I've already had to rebuild her twice at my expense so getting the 7 forma returned sounds like a fair enough trade off to me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm very skeptical that Scott will implement any other Mines instead of the existing ones...it will be a miracle if he even gives them a slight boost.
From all the cool grenade designs and what not..this is the best he could think of? -__-
So freaking lazy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Gonna reiterate how flashbangs and EMP grenades would be sick. Don't take away the most unique CC in the game! Actually design it out and make it work!

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Vinceant said:

Gonna reiterate how flashbangs and EMP grenades would be sick. Don't take away the most unique CC in the game! Actually design it out and make it work!

So mini radial blind and Counter pulse? That actually sounds cool. I mean, we have grenade launchers but not just...WAAAAIIT A SECOND. I know that many may not like exalted weapons, but instead of throwing the grenades couldn't he shoot them from a grenade launcher? Not an exalted weapon, I'm thinking something similar to Ivara's Quiver, where you summom an energy grenade launcher just to fire the grenade. You get more range and it isn't just another exalted weapon, which may be boring and clunky since it would need to deal damage by itself.

1 minute ago, HolySeraphin said:

So mini radial blind and Counter pulse? That actually sounds cool. I mean, we have grenade launchers but not just...WAAAAIIT A SECOND. I know that many may not like exalted weapons, but instead of throwing the grenades couldn't he shoot them from a grenade launcher? Not an exalted weapon, I'm thinking something similar to Ivara's Quiver, where you summom an energy grenade launcher just to fire the grenade. You get more range and it isn't just another exalted weapon, which may be boring and clunky since it would need to deal damage by itself.

Mini throwable radial blind while keeping the deafen effect. Concuss is a really neat idea, but because it's not a grenade, and only deafens, it's not great.

EMP grenade could be lots of things. That's an evolution of the jump mine (it currently is a 100% magnetic proc if you weren't aware, most people aren't lol). Disable cameras, lasers, shields, I dunno, pick stuff.

Make Shred a grenade and make it not suck (either keep the time limit but make it 75% so it's 100% with CP or remove the time limit and make it like 25% base).

Many decent ideas for a 4th grenade. A second defensive one, perhaps a defensive buff. A slow/cold proc area. A radiation area.

The idea being he should have at least one grenade that's idea for each faction, and the others situationally. But they should be grenades and not proximity mines.

And yes, all this could be done with an exalted weapon with better controls. Hold and tap isn't great.

3 minutes ago, Vinceant said:

Mini throwable radial blind while keeping the deafen effect. Concuss is a really neat idea, but because it's not a grenade, and only deafens, it's not great.

EMP grenade could be lots of things. That's an evolution of the jump mine (it currently is a 100% magnetic proc if you weren't aware, most people aren't lol). Disable cameras, lasers, shields, I dunno, pick stuff.

Make Shred a grenade and make it not suck (either keep the time limit but make it 75% so it's 100% with CP or remove the time limit and make it like 25% base).

Many decent ideas for a 4th grenade. A second defensive one, perhaps a defensive buff. A slow/cold proc area. A radiation area.

The idea being he should have at least one grenade that's idea for each faction, and the others situationally. But they should be grenades and not proximity mines.

And yes, all this could be done with an exalted weapon with better controls. Hold and tap isn't great.

And an exalted weapon with 4 fire modes is not great either, Tiberon Prime is already kinda of a mess with 3 modes. (still good rifle). But what if you could fire different grenades depending if you use the secondary fire button and zoom? Something like this:

type 1: Fire from the hip with primary fire

type 2: Fire from the hip with secondary

type 3: Fire while zoomed with primary

type 4: fire while zoomed with secondary.

Edited by HolySeraphin

2 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

And an exalted weapon with 4 fire modes is not great either, Tiberon Prime is already kinda of a mess with 3 modes. (still good rifle)

Making grenades his 1 and his 2 swap between the functions makes more sense. But this isn't so much a limit of Vauban as it is a limit of how the skill system in general is designed. A dedicated cycle powers button option would be preferred. But the clunkiness means that if his mines aren't useful outside of novelty, they won't be used. And the new ones were just that outside of the generic damage buff.

Edited by Vinceant

There are things about Vauban that I like and things that I don't.  First - overall I think it's an interesting looking kit - I don't mean this to be a bash post at all.

Part of what I'm concerned over stems from not knowing numbers ... but here's my thoughts:

Telsa Grenades - The main thing I wanted from this ability was to make it relevant damage beyond level 5 enemies.  Beyond that I liked (in theory at least) to use them to cover hard points while I focused elsewhere.  Making them rollers is interesting ... but it does get rid of their one niche.  But the new version looks possibly fun and interesting - but the damage needs to be there.

Mine Layer - I'm rather confused and let down by this entire ability.

• Zip-line - Why would I want to use a 2-enemy pull when I have Bastille?
  • Nail Bomb - Why would I want to use Nail Bomb when I have Bastille?
    • Puncture procs ... lower damage ...?
    • Well in Bastille they can't do damage and I can kill them with a trigger pull
    • I might be underestimating this ability due to not knowing numbers ... but in the video the range looks short and the damage very low
  • Boost Pad - Why? Why would I ever use this?
    • Open worlds ... well ... I have my surf board and my arch wing ... why use boost pads?
    • If I want to run across the land ... there's Gauss
  • Damage Boost
    • I'm guessing at the beginning of the mission, I'll cycle my 2 to this and leave it there

Orbital Bombardment - This looks fun.  Hopefully it lives up to the hype

Bastille + Vortex - Looks good, possibly great.  Just please don't make it so mod hungry.  It's current version is so hard to mod for while maintaining some room for some tankiness.

The Minelayer is the biggest point of confusion/disappointment for me.  I was hoping for a bunch of things that would synergize with his stronger CC: things like turrets that do damage (esp to things in Bastille), a tentacle to pull enemies into the bastille, etc.

I don't hate what's here mind you.  Far from it ... but I am quite confused by the Minelayer stuff.  The actual numbers and ease of modding will be the final determiner.  I really hope that he's 'end-game' viable.

Then again ... once I get my hands on the kit ... maybe I'll see where everything falls into place and love it.  Who knows?

Edited by Haranthus
  • Upvote 1

I don't get why people hate staying in Bastille.

Like, you all have used Frost's Bubble, Gara's Glass Wall and Limbo's Rift Bubble but when Vauban does it, he receives hate. Makes no sense, 

• Upvote 1

Appreciate DE's efforts on reworking the frames, I personally think they are going towards the right direction. I felt happy for the showcase during Devstream then I come to the forum hoping everyone would feel the same. But, all I found is negativity overshadowing the suggestions that actually made sense. The community teams really got my respect for the amount of negativity they need to put themselves through to get to the suggestions. Because, I could not go through each and every comments because of the negativity.

On topic, I personally find "Mine Layer" may be lacklustre. I have no idea what are the actual values DE are going to use so I would rather try them on first.

For "Immolation", I think we can change the meter mechanism, instead of getting full meter to achieve max DR, we can have it half filled to achieve max DR as well as max POWER for other abilities, to minimize the risk of being overheat and some buffer time before the burst and fully drained energy. 😀

Il y a 12 heures, Coobie a dit :

Against the increasingly-numerous CC-immune enemies, so what does Vauban have in his rework currently that can deal with them? More importantly, his main way of protecting himself is Bastille/Vortex and now the Tesla Drones (which need to be more numerous or have a huge AoE discharge.) CC-immune enemies will ignore all of the above, walk directly up to his face and he will, at that point, just die.

Just like Limbo, Vauban is still completely worthless in such content as arbitrations. I'm kind of worried devs aren't even considering new content when reworking older frames.

• Upvote 1

Now that we have some sort idea of how Ember will function in the future, let's look at her abilities' interaction and see what's GOOD, what's BAD, and what's EH, in an effort to have it be as optimal as possible.

Let's begin:

FIREBALL:

The good:

• It has a use now (being used to charge Overheat)
  • With Heat DoT being changed, her napalm-esque AoE can actually do damage

The bad:

• It still has a charging mechanic, which also clashes with her augment

The eh:

• It really hasn't changed at all

IMMOLATION:

The good:

• It finally gives Ember some sort of defensive ability
  • It's DR and ability damage increase with the meter

The bad:

• It drains all of your energy upon reaching 100%, which is very punishing (this is subject to change, but it was still showcased, so it can be criticized)
  • Depending on the numbers, it either starts off with a 50% DR, or ramps up to 50%. If it's the latter, it's probably the worst DR ability to date (it get's even worse if the percentage is unmodable)

The eh:

• It has a damage wave tied to it once it's turned off/reaches 100%
  • The fire swirling around Ember while it's active isn't very impressive looking

FIRE BLAST:

The good:

• No static ring of fire
  • It strips armor
  • It doesn't knock away enemies affected by a Heat proc
  • It keeps your meter from reaching 100%

The bad:

• It ragdolls enemies
  • It depletes the meter by too big of a percentage

The eh:

• It's a panic button now
  • Not all enemies can be ragdolled

INFERNO:

The good:

• It's better than WoF
  • It reapplies Heat DoT on affected enemies
  • It spreads the DoT

The bad:

• It can potentially stun-lock enemies, making them unable to spread it's effect
  • It can potentially kill an affected group too fast, making them unable to spread it's effect
  • It affects a small radius

The eh:

• It's a meteor

SPICY(passive):

The good:

• It supports Ember's new kit, and is, in-turn, supported by it

The bad:

• It was initially presented with a tiny range

And now, for the readjust part.

FIREBALL:

Spoiler

The good:

• It has a use now (being used to charge Overheat)
  • With Heat DoT being changed, her napalm-esque AoE can actually do damage

The bad:

• It still has a charging mechanic, which also clashes with her augment

The eh:

• It really hasn't changed at all

The charging mechanic still poses an issue. It slows down her (or any frame for that matter) gameplay, and despite all of the changes, there's still little to no incentive to charge it. Consider removing charging in favor of adding something along the lines of "gains damage (and AoE range) based on distance traveled" since it's still a projectile.

IMMOLATION:

Spoiler

The good:

• It finally gives Ember some sort of defensive ability
  • It's DR and ability damage increase with the meter

The bad:

• It drains all of your energy upon reaching 100%, which is very punishing (this is subject to change, but it was still showcased, so it can be criticized)
  • Depending on the numbers, it either starts off with a 50% DR, or ramps up to 50%. If it's the latter, it's probably the worst DR ability to date (it get's even worse if the percentage is unmodable)

The eh:

• It has a damage wave tied to it once it's turned off/reaches 100%
  • The fire swirling around Ember while it's active isn't very impressive looking

A meter for Ember has been a long awaited addition. It's a welcome addition to her kit, since Accelerant is no longer needed. However, a 100% energy drain is an unreasonable punishment. Her old kit had issue maintaining energy, and with the micromanagement associated with meters, it leaves her in a worse energy-hungry state than before. My suggestion is to change the drain to be over time, so that a single slip-up or lack of attention doesn't cost you your entire energy pool + DR. The damaging part of the ability seems tacked on.

FIRE BLAST:

Spoiler

FIRE BLAST:

The good:

• No static ring of fire
  • It strips armor
  • It doesn't knock away enemies affected by a Heat proc
  • It keeps your meter from reaching 100%

The bad:

• It ragdolls enemies
  • It depletes the meter by too big of a percentage

The eh:

• It's a panic button now
  • Not all enemies can be ragdolled

The only issue this ability has is the ragdoll. It wasn't properly showcased if the ability doesn't knock back enemies set on fire, or enemies under Heat panic, so let's go with the assumption that it's for the former. Enemies set on fire won't be ragdolled, but with no way of reliably spreading Heat proc on enemies without the use of Inferno, that leaves you to ragdoll the enemies, and then set then set them on fire. It depletes the meter too much, as well, which could pose an issue with "keeping the meter in a sweet-spot".

INFERNO:

Spoiler

The good:

• It's better than WoF
  • It reapplies Heat DoT on affected enemies
  • It spreads the DoT

The bad:

• It can potentially stun-lock enemies
  • It can potentially kill an affected group too fast
  • It affects a small radius

The eh:

• It's a meteor

Inferno, as it is visually, is very unimpressive. I don't understand why out of all ways to make an "inferno", they chose a meteor. As for it's fire spreading effect, if a group of enemies end up dying to fast to it, or end up getting stun-locked, since it induces Heat panic and slightly staggers them, they won't be able to spread the effect. My suggestion is only to change the design from a meteor to literally anything else. The fire-spreading issues can be solved with numbers.

SPICY:

Spoiler

The good:

• It supports Ember's new kit, and is, in-turn, supported by it

The bad:

• It was initially presented with a tiny range

We already know the range will be increased to match Affinity range, so the only potential issue stems from the cap (if it can even be called an issue). It's still a passive, so it shouldn't affect her kit in a very major way, like giving her a 50% or larger increase to PS for simply using half of her kit. The cap shouldn't be too small, but also, not too large. Maybe have it give 3% per enemy in range affected, up to a 30% increase, or so.

And lastly,

Heat damage:
From what we've been told, Heat damage will have the ability to remove armor. Many players welcome the change, many others don't. I can understand both sides of the argument, so a compromise should please them both. Make the armor reduction either incremental like Shattering Impact, or make it temporary. The former would only be good on low-to-mid level mission because of the armor values, while the latter would only work while the enemies are under the effect of Heat procs. Aside from armor stripping and stacking, Heat DoT has seen a reduction in duration, which you could say is a way to balance it because of how many effects it has (DoT, CC and armor stripping).

Edited by Blexander
Forgot to discuss her passive
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

I started thinking about what I would modify regarding the proposed reworks after reading page one, and I'm finally replying on page 20+. After reading 20+ pages of posts, I like seeing that most of the ideas I thought about were already mentioned, even if it turns my reply into a compilation of other people's ideas. If I was going to make changes to Vauban and Ember's proposed reworks, they would be the following:

Vauban

1. Tesla Drones (replace with Riot Drones): I think enemy-seeking drones that disperse gas damage would fit thematically and offer kit synergy. Enemies would spread the status passively during movement. It could also stack DOT (damage over time) if you cluster multiple affected enemies with Vortex. I also won't neglect the obvious humor of enemies "crop dusting". Inspiration was CS grenades and Corpus being Vauban's foes according to Prime trailer.

2. Minelayer (rename to Mobile Armory): Ability focus shifted completely to self/squad utility.

• "Sticky Ripline" (replace with Resupply) - Vauban throws combined Squad Ammo/Shield Restore pad.
  • "Nail Drones" (replace with Hasty Fortification) - Vauban deploys a stationary force field generator with a small diameter that grants 75-90% DR and immunity to status effects.
  • "Boost Pad" (replace with Telepad) - Vauban can deploy two distinctly colored teleport pads. I don't recommend blue/orange. Valve may sue somebody. Deploying more than two Telepads removes the oldest one like Wisp Reservoirs. Allies could have a "teleportation sickness" on egress portal of 10-15 seconds that delays teleporting back for game balance. I was inspired by translocators used by Index Brokers. Please make teleport fade to black (e.g past/present Lua spy), not white (e.g. Void sabotage). My eyes will thank you.
  • "Damage Amp" (rename Recon Boost) - Keep "Damage Amp" effect for allies but also adds effect similar to Argonak's enemy highlight effect. Highlight goes through walls. Good for PoE at night as well as locating that last pesky enemy that keeps pathing into a wall. Tried to think of something a little more inspired that just a damage boost.

3. Bastille/Vortex (Keep as ability #3): Limit to 2-3 active Bastilles. Make the containment field device targetable with the reticle. Holding the ability key while targeting the device will collapse only that Bastille into a Vortex. Holding it with no device targeted will collapse all active Bastilles into Vortexes.

4. Orbital Strike (Set as ability #4): Add lingering radiation AoE (area of effect) following Orbital strike to CC and DOT surviving enemies.

Ember

Passive: New passive sounds good using Affinity range.

1. Fireball (replace with Scorched Earth): Make her #1 like Frost's #2, Ice Wave. She stomps on the ground (e.g. Nidus' Virulence) to create a conal heat wave that leaves a lingering heat zone. 

2. Immolation: Preserve Immolation meter. Initial cast has base energy cost (50). Grants 50% DR. Casting Scorched Earth and Inferno increase meter buildup which gradually increases DR to 90% as well as casting speed and fire damage up to a cap a la Accelerant. Cast Fire Blast to expel portion of meter. Maxing out meter triggers Cool Down and World on Fire effects.

• Cool Down - Immolation meter gradually decays to zero buildup. DR gradually decays to 50%. Casting speed and fire damage bonus decay to 0%. Scorched Earth and Inferno cannot increase meter buildup. Fire Blast can still purge meter.
  • World on Fire - Consumes base energy cost (50) again. WoF starts with range (15m) and energy cost (6/s). Gradually decays to range (7.5m) and energy (3/s) while cooling down. WoF is dispelled once Immolation meter is cooled down, toggled off manually, or energy pool is drained. Energy cost and range values from current WoF.

Ability key can still be held to toggle off Immolation early to cancel WoF and start rebuilding DR, casting speed, and fire damage bonus sooner after recast. This makes this ability complex but mitigates the punishment for not managing the Immolation meter. In addition, the player gets CC and AoE DPS while their DR, casting speed, fire damage boost, and energy gradually decay. I think that's a good trade off. Please allow WoF values to still be modded.

3. Fire Blast: Change knock back effect to knockdown, or preferably, stun a la Accelerant.

4. Inferno: I like the look and concept of this ability on first impression. I think incorporating a form of WoF into Immolation makes a more focused, high-damage nuke a welcome addition to her kit.

Overall, the proposed reworks showed promise. My concerns lied mainly with Minelayer for Vauban and Immolation for Ember which seems to echo the sentiment of other players. These are the two abilities I gave the most consideration.

• Upvote 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Blexander:

It drains all of your energy upon reaching 100%, which is very punishing (this is subject to change, but it was still showcased, so it can be criticized)

I actually like the idea of mechanics punishing bad players.

I tihnk DE should implement those far more often, to balance overpowered abilities.

For example, Saryn is basically the endall AoE damage queen.

Simply have each active spore decrease her energy efficency, for example her efficentcy is reduced by 1% per active spore..

I tihnk DE is going in the right direction with this idea.

They don't want to use cooldown to limit the power of players, so playercontrolled punishment mechanics are a very good alternative.

So, as a former Vauban-Main, I completly love his new kit and I can't wait to get my hands on it. 

As for Ember, 

Am 4.10.2019 um 20:06 schrieb [DE]Connor:

If the meter reaches 100%, Ember will “overheat”, unleashing a wave of flame expending ALL energy. To prevent this from happening, use Fire Blast to expel a portion of your heat meter, or toggle Immolation off to reset meter build.

I actually like the idea of mechanics punishing bad players. I think DE should implement those far more often, to balance overpowered abilities.

For example, Saryn is basically the end-all AoE damage queen.

Simply have each active spore decrease her energy efficency, for example her efficentcy is reduced by 1% per active spore..

I tihnk DE is going in the right direction with this idea.

They don't want to use cooldown to limit the power of players, so playercontrolled punishment mechanics are a very good alternative.

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1

Here are some suggestions for Vauban`s abilities to make them better;

Vauban:

·       All abilities will land where you are aiming at instead of an arch throw.

1st ability:

·       Make them have 100% stun proc on a normal cast.

·       Reduce the shock time to 1sec.

·       Make one tesla shock two enemies instead of one.

·       If you throw it near a trap, it will override it which means you or your allies will no longer be affect by the trap but will instead affect enemies. This includes laser/magnetic doors

·       Make the radius of stuns affecting enemies to 12m.

2nd ability:

Sticky Ripline:

·       On cast, there is no duration until enemies are affected by it and when trapped, the duration is 20 seconds.

·       Make this seek out enemies until one enemy is trapped.

·       Make the duration affected by duration mods.

·       The radius of enemies triggering the trap is 12m.

·       Each time enemies runs near the trap they will be pulled in up to a max of 7 enemies can be caught.

·       Make the number of enemies caught be affected by strength mods.

Nail Grenade:

·       I don`t think this ability should do damage. This ability should either de-buff enemies like enemies affected are vulnerable to damage OR enemies hit will have their weapons explode dealing damage and making them use their melee weapon. If Vauban can disarm enemies, this make his other abilities more effective.

·       Eximus hit will have their de-buff disabled for 20 seconds.

·       Make duration of ability affected by duration mods 10 seconds at base.

Boost Pad:

·       Vauban and allies that run across it should get a speed buff for 10 seconds for whatever you do while running on it. (running, reloading, shooting bullet jumping)

·       When enemies run across it, the will ragdoll in the direction the arrow is facing.

·       Enemies affected will receive 50% reduction to movement speed.

·       Make the duration of enemies’ movement speed reduction affected by duration mods 20 seconds at base.

·       Boost pad will have no duration and won`t disappear until either over 5 have been cast.

Damage Amp:

·       Make damage affected by power strength mods.

·       Make duration affected by duration mods.

3rd ability:

·       Keep the animation but increase the cast time speed. (reminds me of his prime trailer)

·       When cast it needs to fire instantly.

·       If enemies are still alive, they receive a fire proc.

·       This ability needs to do a significant amount of damage for it to be useful.

4th ability:

·       Keep the animation but increase the cast time speed.

·       Make this ability deal blast damage.

·       When ability runs out or deactivated, it will set off a blast proc ragdolling them.

·       Vauban and allies that are inside should receive 50% damage reduction. (this is better then having increased armour since armour doesn’t do much in this game)

·       The damage reduction Vauban and allies receive can be increased by strength mods.

Synergies:

1st & 4th

·       If you throw your 1st ability in the 4th ability it will shock every enemy sucked in doing more damage.

2nd (boost pad) & 4th ability

·       If you throw bounce pad into the 4th ability in vortex form, it will move it to the direction the arrow is facing.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757