Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban & Ember Dev Workshop

[DE]Connor

40 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Ember's ult ranges from 400 - 800 and can only hit 5 enemies per tick.

Equinox' ult has a base damage of 150, so that looks very low. BUT! It comes with 7 ticks of 35% of the initial damage. That's an additional 245% damage, which, added to the initial damage, comes up to 517.5 damage. Adding another 20% from Provoke, that's well over 600 damage. Base damage. No strength involved, which would have accelerated scaling due to provoke, also not counting peaceful provocation, which is utterly terrifying. And then it has the explosion. And it controls enemies. And it's slash, which often works better than fire.

Don't diss my twilit arbiter just because world on fire is a trash ult.

World On Fire has 35%base status chance that scales with strength (with +186% strength it reaches 100% status chance).

This means that unmodded it deals 400-800 damage plus 35% chance to deal 1400-2800 additional dot damage and panic the target.

If you factor accelerant (which seems fair since you factored Provoke) you reach an unmodded damage of 1000-2000 plus 35% chance of additional 3500-7000 additional dot damage and panic.

Also it can only affect 5 targets per tick, but it can affect the same target multiple times (if it somehow survives the first application) contrary to Maim.

With the impending rework of heat procs it is uncertain if slash will still be better than heat.

Btw, I was not dissing Equinox. I somewhat like her actually. I was just pointing out that the 2 abilities are different

14 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Throwing meteors is SOoo generic compared to spontaneously combusting enemies. Really disappointed. 

They practically made a new frame with Embers skin. That's unfair to players that were happy with Ember, but just wanted improvements. 

Other players are happy because they never cared for Ember or her playstyle and are practically getting a new frame for free. 

QUOTE FOR TRUTH! Exactly what I been saying. they might as well have made a new frame if they wanted an asteroid frame!!

I don't think there needs to be an energy drain mechanic on it at all. I think it should be a choice to stay high heat, low heat or somewhere in the middle. You could do this by having it start at high DR like 90% and as you gain more heat, your DR is reduced, but you gain some other benefit(s) like efficiency and/or faster cast speed. If you want to be a glass cannon unleashing fiery death and destruction, you stay at high heat, but you become fragile. If you want to be tankier, you need to release your heat and stay lower. 50% meter could be 50% DR and at 100% it could be gone entirely. 

Or if they make the high heat meter a really powerful buff and want to make it even more dangerous, even when in a group with potentially other DR buffs, make it start at 90% DR going to 0% DR at 50% meter and then going above half meter actually increases your damage taken. It could be something like 1% more damage taken + 1% damage reduction penalty on any external buffs or adaptation per % above 50 on the meter (by having both effects you can balance it around other damage reduction effects without having to make it a crazy amount of extra damage taken that would be too extreme if she's solo). The buff could then be something like 0.5%-1%? additional cast speed per % on the meter and 1% efficiency (assuming it still caps at 75% total, this would allow you to gear for negative efficiency and still have high efficiency at high meter).

The fiery explosion mechanic could still be there as a way to instantly dump all of your heat when you toggle your 2 off. It could do damage that scales significantly with your meter in a small radius. 

On 2019-10-08 at 6:34 AM, Walkampf said:

I actually like the idea of mechanics punishing bad players.

I tihnk DE should implement those far more often, to balance overpowered abilities.

For example, Saryn is basically the endall AoE damage queen.

Simply have each active spore decrease her energy efficency, for example her efficentcy is reduced by 1% per active spore..

I tihnk DE is going in the right direction with this idea.

They don't want to use cooldown to limit the power of players, so playercontrolled punishment mechanics are a very good alternative.

no no no a million times NO. So sick of this elitest crp attitude.

Warframe is a farming game, players like to veg out when doing repeated runs trying to get that damn khora bp or the gauss systems. It's about mods and numbers.  I don't want to spend 3 weeks trying to learn some convoluted junk when I just want to come home from work and relax and HAVE FUN.

Over-complicated=fun killer!

You want something all skill based go play ARMA or or some korean mmo or whatever. 

On 2019-10-09 at 8:48 PM, ZarZuf said:

- Hyldrin's Haven is primarily a support ability, intended to shield and protect allies. It also does damage to enemies, but at a staggeringly higher cost and again the damage is way lower that World On Fire

I have to use a negative efficiency build to care about resources on Hildryn even if you're not facing targets where her 2 works well/at all. Raska Kubrow's are OP with her shield regen wise. I don't have strong shield arcanes so I'm not sure how crazy her regen could be if you combine those with a kubrow. Haven + Aegis Storm isn't an AoE DPS powerhouse of course, but it's decent AoE when combined with the CC and utility. 

----------------------------

In terms of the new meteor ability, in the clip I saw it seemed like it works like Garuda's 4 in terms of how it targets and hits enemies (but without a charge up mechanic)? Except in one part it seemed like it hit enemies out of line of sight that were really far away, so It may just be a huge radius?

It looked like it would be a lot more fun to use than Ember's very passive and boring current WoF. Not sure why people would want the current WoF over that. 

https://youtu.be/0zW4ZxRzOmM?t=1692

That's the part of the stream about ember if anyone hasn't seen the abilities in action yet. Also, at around 34:55-35 she seemingly affected the enemies on the side with WoF when not looking at them and possibly out of LoS, which is why I wasn't sure if her 4 was a Garuda 4 style cone as it seemed at first, or something else. 

Vauban's rework is coming up in approximately 5 days from now. With this, I'd like to offer some constructive feedback on his kit. While it looks good (except for parts), I'm more concerned about how the math behind his abilities works, so here is my take on Scott's Vauban rework (I like to think that it was train man, but well orbital strike didn't exist.)

Disclaimer: I am in no way as dedicated to Vauban as people like @Resonant_Thoughts are, but even then I can give some feedback.

I'll also give multiple suggestions, sometimes unrelated, sometimes just minor, on how his abilities work.

First up: PASSIVE

Glad it wasn't touched.

TESLA

With my time playing as Vauban, I found that I tended to use this ability extremely sparingly. (I remember running out of ammo and having to use Tesla as a grenade. That was fun, but somewhat inefficient.) With Vauban 2.0, I'm fairly sure that as a somewhat set-and-forget ability, it won't be touched often. It also doesn't have a place in what looks like his core ability loop, which is using Bastille as a debuffing tool, collapsing it into Vortex, then throwing Orbital Strike at the cluster of mobs. Sounds good? Consider that you have to spend more energy for his 4 just to debuff fresh mobs which enter vortex' radius but haven't been affected by Bastille yet, and that vortexes cannot coexist with Bastille unless you deploy another Bastille. (And there's a brief period where allies lose the armor buff). Of course it's an option, but consider the following suggestion, which not only alleviates his (possibly) heavy energy consumption but allows Tesla a good place in his ability loop:

Throwing Tesla doesn't deploy into the Tesla Roller immediately. Instead, Vauban throws an orb. If the orb hits an enemy or the floor/ceiling/walls, it deploys into the roller. However if thrown into a small fixed radius within a vortex or bastille, it immediately converts them into their other form, without altering the other bastilles or vortexes. This allows you to let both bastille and vortex to exist at the same time across different areas of the map, giving the armor buff and grouping mobs at the same time. To incentivise this bastilles that have turned into vortexes could "save" their armor buff that is restored once tesla is used to convert it.

MINELAYER

Just remove it and replace it with something else.

If this turns out to be a two-handed ability, or if the 5 minute expiry timer I'm going to be fairly dissed.

If the ability is to be kept, here are individual thoughts on each of Vauban's 4 grenades.

STICKY RIPLINE

From the looks of it this either has a severely limited range, or has a low enemy cap, making it ineffective in actually grouping mobs into bastill. If this is to be an enemy grouping tool to be used in conjunction with Bastille, I'd suggest increasing the enemy cap and range, just so that it doesn't do so little that you might as well deploy another Bastille. (Also change this to tether mine, pls thx. Looks like the new "old tesla")

NAIL GUN

Looks like it's not doing decent damage. Either make this a decent area of denial ability (it has very limited range) by allowing it to scale off of secondary weapon mods, or add a forced pushback/ high chance of proccing impact to its shots, as long as enemies are prevented from passing its area of effect. This should allow it to fill Tesla's former role of locking down interception points at low cost.

BOOST PAD

Lateral. Bounce. I'd like this to be replaced with Concuss or Shred. Concuss can serve as a cheap panic button without the limits of roller ball AI and with a larger area of effect, shred as an option for damage or instant debuffing as opposed to Bastille's stripping effect over time.

If you can't, instead of overriding player momentum and opening troll potential akin to Nova's wormhole, I'd suggest making it an extremely short lived (one or two seconds) sprint speed/parkour velocity buff akin to Saryn's Molt, which is unique enough to warrant being used. But as it stands it's literally a lateral Bounce.

DAMAGE AMP

If it's additive to weapon mods, based on devstream values it's not going to be relevant at all. This damage buff is what Mesa's shooting gallery has, and it's absolutely pitiful from experience. If it's multiplicative to weapons/additive to Vauban's passive, all the better. Having an aura is somewhat nice, as he's unlikely to end up like Chroma since his CC is seriously affected by -range. Having it work similarly to Wisp's motes could be an option however, with every mine applying the buff once per player and refreshing it if coming within mine radius again, and the buff not stacking with each aura within range of each other. Just an option to prevent high range vaubans having the mine stick to themselves only all the time, aside from fixed ranges.

ORBITAL STRIKE.

As [DE]Rebecca demonstrated, even at higher levels, melee ground finishers could potentially outclass this. As a countermeasure, I suggest this:
Cast delay be affected by natural talent, just to make the wait slightly more appealing than a ground finisher.

Have the ability be affected by range values. Someone brought up a valid concern about the radius of the ability potentially being fixed, and if this ability can spread damage over larger areas then it will be worth using over ground finishers.

Have units that don't die be affected by a standard electric proc, to allow vaubans that opt for lower strength values to still use this as a delayed cc of sorts, and so we aren't bothered by ragdolling living enemies that we need to kill. Constant ragdolls are fun, but messes up your aiming.

Just let us hover in the air and maintain momentum when casting this just for funsies, aiming issues and consistency.

BASTILLE

Several concerns:
Does Bastille still have its enemy cap? If it does, then it's going to be very mediocre group debuffing, since the mobs might just ignore Bastille. At the very least have the armor strip affect everything in range, but preferably the enemy cap should be removed entirely. Orbital Strike and Damage Amp are already sufficient enough reasons for Vauban players to not ditch strength.

Vortex's attraction looks finicky. Maybe have it attract towards the last deployed vortex for reliability? It's also going to screw up camping a little, though I can live with that if we can instead use a Bastille without an enemy cap for that.

If Bastille has a flat armor strip that doesn't go off base armor like Oberon, it's going to be near-useless. It needs to be a percentage strip. Armor gets diminishing returns fast, and at high levels most mobs have very very heavy armor. In contrast to a level 200 heavy gunner, lv200 butchers have paper for armor, and even then it took a while. I'm hoping that's because the % strip takes time and not because the large flat strip took a while. (It's either % based or flat strip. If it was base armor they would have been debuffed immediately.)

From what I gathered, you hold to cast vortex and you hold to collapse Bastille. Perhaps make Vortex a double tap.

And finally:

Can we have our old one-handed casting animations for Bastille back? The new one is a callback to his trailer, but probably affects his ability to kill at the same time. (His weapons are his main tools of damage.)

I'd honestly appreciate it if any of my concerns are addressed in the rework. Thanks for reading through the whole thing :D Input appreciated. The rework is mostly looking good, just needs the math to back it up.

5 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

Also, at around 34:55-35 she seemingly affected the enemies on the side with WoF when not looking at them and possibly out of LoS

I see what you mean. It looks strange, like it targets the closest group of enemies instead of targeting where you're pointing towards. Maybe they just stitched together the code so it appears as if it hits where you target.

On 2019-10-09 at 8:36 PM, Obe-Ron-Kenobi said:

Thats why I think WoF should just be baked into her new 2 at full fire meter. That way instead of immediately draining all your energy, it just drains really fast (more drain then current WoF) while you've got fire all around you doing the classic Ember thing. In addition, the augment can simply be moved to her 2 without any additional changes to it.

I´d prefer if she would deal damage in a small area around her with immolate which increases in damage and size the more the meter fills rather than on the despell. Similar to old Overheat range it starts very low at 1m radius and grows up to 10m or something.

On 2019-10-09 at 5:41 PM, 000l000 said:

Combining Bastille & Vortex is the dumbest thing they did with Vauban's kit.

I strongly disagree. The two abilities had too much overlap to allow them to take two different spots. Both were large AoE control abilities, with Bastille offering more support for headshot focused builds and Vortex working better with AoE. Outside of that they were too similar. Rolling them into one in the way they did is ingenious, because not only do we still have Bastille in almost full capacity, but if the Vortexes attract one another over a much larger range, it means that you can now gather enemies up much more efficiently under a unique new dynamic. Using bastilles as large nets and then collapsing them into vortexes that drag everything to a central spot is pretty much perfect. 

If minelayer is to become a success though, the tether grenade must have something to make it worthwhile, and the needle bomb must have adequate damage and range. 

On 2019-10-08 at 12:59 PM, Cibyllae said:
  Reveal hidden contents

180?cb=20161120225037&path-prefix=en

EDIT: They literally just need to put higher tier rewards in other mission types, stop changing frames to fit optimal content, make all content optimal. Ivara, Loki, Ash are useless because spy is useless. Make spy worth playing, and to that extent all game modes worth playing.

Now they have tied some spy in with the nightwave. I might be in the few category but rewards is a very varied thing. Last night me and my friend were in a wierd debate. I was playing nightwave for the umbral forma, for which he called trash. He was playing for the operator skin, for which for the life of me I cant value that as a high tier reward. But I dont value cosmetics like my friend does. So this is why I cringe when I hear higher tier rewards...what that actually, objectively means, idk. I tend to think the game is about making your warframe stronger. Every reward seems to do that. Whether its the tenno schools, or the arcanes or different forma options or a new custom gun. With it all leveld up you become way OP. I know even at my current state, I am way OP. But personally I like the idea of putting in effort and becoming even more powerful. I guess I am in the power hungry camp. 

7 hours ago, Arcira said:

I´d prefer if she would deal damage in a small area around her with immolate which increases in damage and size the more the meter fills rather than on the despell. Similar to old Overheat range it starts very low at 1m radius and grows up to 10m or something.

Suppose that could work, but all in all feels quite similar to WoF no? I mean, besides the drain which I assume there is none. But thats why I think its not too much of a stretch to include WoF in the ability at max meter. Call me sadistic if you like, but I do feel there should be some form of energy drain at max meter. It encourages paying attention and managing your abilities which is kind of a micro game within itself and it helps to make a kit at least feel interactive and synergistic (which in turn makes me feel smart when i pull it off). That being said, no way in hell I support a full energy drain immediately on max meter (unless maybe its an instant kill to everything around me in 20m).

This is why I suggest rewarding the player for using their abilities with the power of WoF (maybe even a bit stronger) at a higher drain. This allows for more ways to build the fiery frame, increases the value of managing meter economy, and makes you seem super unstoppable at max meter (which you worked for) but still is a double edged sword since it costs so much. That way those who don't want to pay attention to WoF at all aren't forced to, those who love WoF can still have some way of using it, and no one has to suffer an immediate full energy drain. Plus her firequake augment (arguably her most fun augment) can remain untouched or have a new benefit for her two (like combining it with flash accelerant)!   

Now, maybe instead of WoF shrinking the longer its active, the reverse can happen like you are suggesting. This way, the longer you can maintain a really high energy drain, the more effective you are at killing/CC. Just food for thought.

The tragic part is losing Accelerant, which was her best ability. With the heat proc rework it would have been great to make enemies take additional fire damage. Really wish the new 2 they have was just worked into a passive so they could keep this. I'd even rather lose Fireblast, have Accelerant drain off the gauge instead.

@[DE]Connor I will post a more well-thought-out response later if/when I get the time, but I have to say this about Ember, Accelerant, and Ember's damage buffs:

Accelerant (plus its augment) is special because it both buffs a damage type and makes enemies weaker against that damage type. Sure, heat is not the "best" damage type in terms of universal effectiveness, but viral + heat builds are very effective against Grineer with 4x CP, and corrosive + heat works well against Infested. In these situations, Ember's heat buff + debuff from Flash Accelerant (and Fireball Frenzy) increases team weapon DPS more so than buffs like Rhino's Roar and Chroma's Vex Armor. Using Ember's buffs also became much more practical after Fireball Frenzy was changed to buff teammates in an AoE as well as buff the player. Below are some numbers for those interested:

Spoiler

Weapon: Euphona Prime
Mods: Hornet Strike, Convulsion, Pathogen Rounds, Primed Heated Charge, Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed, Target Cracker [no multishot mods for simplicity; just comparing single-pellet damage]
Target: Ancient Healer
[Not that I am not recommending using Euphona against Infested. This is just for ease of testing to get some relative damage numbers. Damage numbers are critical body shots.]

No Buffs: 31,708 damage
Ember (258% Strength, Flash Accelerant, Fireball Frenzy): 216,563 damage
Ember(258% Strength, Flash Accelerant only): 126,303 damage
Chroma (343% Strength): 125,165 damage
(151,484 if HS is replaced with 3 60% elemental mods. I know this is not a perfect Chroma-optimized build, but it gets the point across)
Rhino (348% Strength): 86,896 damage

Things about Flash Accelerant other than raw damage:

• Can be used to stun-lock
  • Even when buff is active on the player, the debuff needs to be applied to new incoming enemies for full effectiveness
  • Needs to be actively re-applied to team members
  • Fact that it uses power strength twice (buff + debuff) means it scales well with strength buffs (think Nidus linking with Ember)
  • Synergy with Fireball Frenzy
  • High strength requirement plus Ember's generally high energy drain mean that optimized buff (or buff + crowd control) builds often forgo survivability
  • High strength requirement means Flash-Accelerant-focused builds are also good for Fireball Frenzy and World on Fire (by increasing proc chance so WoF can be used for CC without Firequake and the associated difficulty of headshotting enemies that are knocked down). Min-maxed builds that allow and encourage effective, active use of 3 abilities is not something all Warframes can boast about

What this translates to for me personally is an ability that requires active input/timing, specialized builds, and high-risk-high-reward.

I welcome the idea of changes to Ember's kit, but I am very unhappy about the proposed removal of Accelerant. Even if heat damage is reworked to be more universally effective (through armor stripping), this still destroys one of Ember's niche roles of buffing damage against already unarmored targets. Accelerant (especially with its augment) is objectively a powerful ability. Subjectively, it is the most useful of Ember's skills in runs to which I usually bring Ember (Infested, Grineer, and Corrupted in the lvl 80-200 range, with a squad of friends). Buffing damage in general is a huge part of Ember's current kit. Please consider keeping Accelerant and please consider giving the new Ember the option to keep buffing weapon damage rather than just dealing direct damage with abilities. I liked some of the more recent warframe reworks, but I am extremely disappointed with Ember's proposed one. I would love to see changes that enhance Ember's relevance in higher-level content, not cripple it.

If you insist on completely changing one of Ember's abilities, remove the concept behind her 3. Knockback + knockdown is the worst possible crowd-control because it make enemies harder to damage.

P.S. Purely personal opinion, but Ember's present ability animations are so much more firm, aggressive, and badass than the proposed ones.

Vauban:

·       All abilities will land where you are aiming at instead of an arch throw.

1st ability:

·       Make them have 100% stun proc on a normal cast.

·       Reduce the shock time to 1sec.

·       Make one tesla shock two enemies instead of one.

·       If you throw it near a trap, it will override it which means you or your allies will no longer be affect by the trap but will instead affect enemies. This includes laser/magnetic doors

·       Make the radius of stuns affecting enemies to 12m.

·       Make it able to shock enemies while on the move.

·       Make the drones look like Vauban`s grenades.

2nd ability:

Sticky Ripline:

·       On cast, there is no duration until enemies are affected by it and when trapped, the duration is 20 seconds.

·       Make this seek out enemies until one enemy is trapped.

·       Make the duration affected by duration mods.

·       The radius of enemies triggering the trap is 12m.

·       Each time enemies runs near the trap they will be pulled in up to a max of 7 enemies can be caught.

·       Make the number of enemies caught be affected by strength mods.

·       Enemies killed while caught will give Vauban 5 energy. The amount of energy received can be increased by efficiency mods.

Despite this I think this should be replaced with a different ability, this is just a weaker version of vortex. Here is what I would replace it with;

Gas Grenade:

·       It will seek out enemies until impact.

·       On impact, it will explode leaving a gas cloud dealing gas damage and stunning them for 5 seconds.

·       This has a 12m range and can be increased by range mods.

·       Its base duration of the gas cloud is 20 seconds and can be increased by duration mods.

Nail Grenade:

·       I don`t think this ability should do damage. This ability should either de-buff enemies like enemies affected are vulnerable to damage OR enemies hit will have their weapons explode dealing damage and making them use their melee weapon. (which I prefer) If Vauban can disarm enemies, this make his other abilities more effective.

·       Eximus hit will have their de-buff disabled for 20 seconds.

·       Make duration of ability affected by duration mods 10 seconds at base.

·       There is no limit to how far it can reach.

·       Make it bypass all obstacles or make it bounce od surfaces.

·       This has to hit enemies, if it`s based on rng then this ability won`t be as effective.

Boost Pad:

·       Vauban and allies that run across it should get a speed buff for 10 seconds for whatever you do while running on it. (running, reloading, shooting bullet jumping)

·       When enemies run across it, the will ragdoll in the direction the arrow is facing.

·       Enemies affected will receive 50% reduction to movement speed.

·       Make the duration of enemies’ movement speed reduction affected by duration mods 20 seconds at base.

·       This works for k-drives.

·       Boost pad will have no duration and won`t disappear until over 5 have been cast.

·       When Vauban or ally runs across it, it will not work again for 2 seconds.

Damage Amp:

·       Make damage affected by power strength mods.

·       Make duration affected by duration mods.

·       This also works on companions and npc if you throw it at them.

3rd ability:

·       Keep the animation but increase the cast time speed. (reminds me of his prime trailer)

·       When cast it needs to fire instantly.

·       If enemies are still alive, they receive a fire proc. (or a cold proc)

·       This ability needs to do a significant amount of damage for it to be useful.

·       Holding the ability will leave it behind as a trap, holding the ability again will activate it.

·       You can till case more of them if you have one as a trap.

·       It`s base range it 10m and can be increased by range mods.

·       Make it be able to be cast in the air and on the move.

4th ability:

·       Keep the animation but increase the cast time speed.

·       Make this ability deal blast damage.

·       When ability runs out or deactivated, it will set off a blast proc ragdolling them.

·       Vauban and allies that are inside should receive 50% damage reduction. (this is better than having increased armour since armour doesn’t do much)

·       The damage reduction Vauban and allies receive can be increased by strength mods.

·       Make it deal blast procs instead of magnetic procs.

·       Make vortex`s range the same as bastille`s range.

·       Make it be able to be cast in the air and on the move.

·       Instead of it striping armour make it strip enemies’ defences. (this makes it useful for all fraction)

-        Grineer will have no armour

-        Corpus will have no shields

-        Infested will be dealt double damage

-        Sentients can no longer adapt

Synergies:

1st & 4th

·       If you throw your 1st ability in the 4th ability it will shock every enemy sucked in doing more damage.

2nd (bounce pad) & 4th ability

·       If you throw bounce pad into the 4th ability in vortex form, it will move it to the direction the arrow is facing.

Ember:

Fire Procs:

Fire proc on enemies will increase damage overtime is an idea that I have been pushing to get so I`m glad this is being implemented in the game plus it will buff Nezha`s abilities Gauss` 3rd ability and Choma`s abilities. (his 1st ability is going to be even better)

Passive:

·       I don`t think this is a good passive due to the range of it. Instead the overheating gauge from the 2nd ability should be the passive plus it affects all of her other abilities performance that’s why it makes more sense for this to be Ember`s passive.

1st ability:

·       The blast radius of a normal cast is 10m

·       Holding the ability will increase damage and the blast radius to 15m and enemies will be ragdolled.

·       Headshots will do more damage.

·       The duration of the lingering flames can be increased by duration mods

2nd ability:

·       Make ember visually be on fire.

·       Instead of all energy depleted make it increase drain energy drain or just take it out completely.

·       When deactivating after the meter is full, Ember will explode dealing damage to enemies around her in a 15m radius.

·       Make there be an indicator showing how much damage reduction she has.

3rd ability:

·       Make enemies be stunned instead of being ragdolled.

·       Instead of it striping armour make it strip enemies’ defences. (this makes it useful for all fraction)

-        Grineer will have no armour

-        Corpus will have no shields

-        Infested will be dealt double damage

-        Sentients can no longer adapt

4th ability:

·       Enemies affected should run around in a panic catching other enemies on fire.

·       The duration of enemies panicking and on fire should be 20 seconds and can be increased by duration mods.

·       The radius should be 15m and can be increased by duration mods.

·       The radius around an enemy on fire should be 10m.

Hi all. So it seems that having heat strip armor is a controversial idea. I had a thought, however, that may make fire more useful while keeping corrosive's identity to itself. Basically, instead of stripping armor, what if the fire proc did what viral did but to armor and not health? That is, a temporary halving of total armor value (as well as the CC and stacking damage). Corrosive keeps its place as the main damage type against ferrite. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Hi all. So it seems that having heat strip armor is a controversial idea. I had a thought, however, that may make fire more useful while keeping corrosive's identity to itself. Basically, instead of stripping armor, what if the fire proc did what viral did but to armor and not health? That is, a temporary halving of total armor value (as well as the CC and stacking damage). Corrosive keeps its place as the main damage type against ferrite. 

the way they can fix heat procs is to have it intensify depending on its duraiton on the enemy. armor stripping needs to stop so DE can fix armor scaling.

I like the changes in general and I can't say nothing about Ember because I didn't use her much but I used Vauban back when I played on pc so I want to spend some word on him: I like most of the changes but as other people said speed mine seems useless (as the old jump mine) and nail mine needs more cc or damage to be worth using it, maybe as Tactical Potato said a healing mine will be better. I want to add another thing I came up after reading most of the comment here: why not change his passive to make him the best at cc'ing enemies? Something like the ability to affect most of the non-boss enemies immune to cc with is cc (to a lesser extent)? I always view Vauban as a Batman type of frame: no powers only tools so this passive will fit perfectly him; If this is difficult to implement I had another idea for the passive so switch it's target and effect: all enemies immune to his cc will have a new debuff (for the duration of the cc used on them by Vauban) that reduce the damage done (by 40/50%) by them and amplify the damage taken (20/30%). 

If you are going to rework heat damage 

Please don't let strip armor

Or even stack it's damage ticks

That's the most boring solution ever 

Have more thought into it

My suggestion is to make further heat procs make enemies more vulnerable to heat damage or damage in general,

A built in accelerant inside fire damage if you say so

Imagine gauss having 2 ways of stripping armor now from heat and from blast thermal sunder

That's overkill

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

um. No. If you read you would see that it isn't stripping armor, it's halving its value. Thanks for the productive comment, really nice of you to be so helpful. 

If it's halving the armor, then it's stripping it. Sure, it doesn't strip all the armor. But still, halving=stripping.

Archived