Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)FK2P

Volt with Magus Lockdown is just a better version of Vauban.

Think about it. Volt has shocking capabilities and can mass spread them for CC on his 1 and 4, so basically vaubans traps with better coverage and efficiency. He also has a shield which can block anything which is GREAT against ability immune enemies, and with magus lockdown he can even target demolysts and stop them. and he also has the increased damage output. 

Why would I use vauban when his abilities are covered by magus lockdown and when he has no other useful abilities, especially when fighting things like eidolons or bosses, or mini bosses which can’t be CC’d. This is my main problem with vauban. You can do what he does with other frames when you add operator Arcanes, because the operator Arcane are actually more consistent at trapping various targets.

You're missing so many factors about vauban's new kit I'm not going to bother explaining why volt isn't just a strict upgrade over vauban with his kit changes.  Different passive that deals more damage, buffs teammates far easier, his bastille armor stripping is huge.  'Doesn't work on bosses' isn't a valid metric on most of the content we have, which consists of killing mobs of enemies, which vauban looks setup to annihilate now.  

That has nothing to do with Volt and everything to do with Magus Lockdown being ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Zekkii said:

That has nothing to do with Volt and everything to do with Magus Lockdown being ridiculous.

No I think your dancing around the facts, in their current state, there is no need to take vauban because bastile and vortex can’t CC some enemies, it’s therefore more consistent to play a different frame and CC with magus lockdown whilst using your other abilities to utility.  

Nobody should be forced to use Vauban if they don't want, let alone any other frame. Vauban rework would be welcome to me, and it may not matter to you. Wouldn't get DE to change anything for either one of us.

On 2019-10-04 at 8:36 PM, (XB1)COA Altair said:

You're missing so many factors about vauban's new kit I'm not going to bother explaining why volt isn't just a strict upgrade over vauban with his kit changes.  Different passive that deals more damage, buffs teammates far easier, his bastille armor stripping is huge.  'Doesn't work on bosses' isn't a valid metric on most of the content we have, which consists of killing mobs of enemies, which vauban looks setup to annihilate now.  

It’s a valuable metric to me considering the late game important content for the previous 2 massive updates and events have been mini bosses and bosses and ability immune targets. Please elaborate on how the largest targets which offer most of the new frames as unlocks are not valuable metrics.  

12 hours ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

It’s a valuable metric to me considering the late game important content for the previous 2 massive updates and events have been mini bosses and bosses and ability immune targets. Please elaborate on how the largest targets which offer most of the new frames as unlocks are not valuable metrics.  

Neat, so you ignore 98% of content and claim the 2% is the big deal breaker.  Volt isn't even good for disruption mini bosses either regardless of level be it 100 or 5000.  His damage boost through electric shield requires a great deal of setup, why would someone use that over a rhino roar or the scaling ability known as oberon's smite that people used in the event to take care of any level of demolyst.  On top of that the new vauban 3rd ability scales with level as well at least in the devstream where they showed off the reworks they mentioned that though they haven't put any concrete words down yet as the mainline including vauban's rework has yet to launch though will do so imminently.  

Magus lockdown is something that they will likely nerf eventually as it is broken.  I loved when someone on these forums claimed operator combat viability, when literally the only thing they were doing was abusing magus lockdown/who cares?  You aren't killing level 1000 enemies with your amp I can tell you that much the most you would use it for there is getting another type of status proc on the enemy for condition overload in void damage.  Anyone can use magus lockdown including vauban so I fail to see the comparison.  

On 2019-10-18 at 1:40 AM, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Neat, so you ignore 98% of content and claim the 2% is the big deal breaker.  Volt isn't even good for disruption mini bosses either regardless of level be it 100 or 5000.  His damage boost through electric shield requires a great deal of setup, why would someone use that over a rhino roar or the scaling ability known as oberon's smite that people used in the event to take care of any level of demolyst.  On top of that the new vauban 3rd ability scales with level as well at least in the devstream where they showed off the reworks they mentioned that though they haven't put any concrete words down yet as the mainline including vauban's rework has yet to launch though will do so imminently.  

Magus lockdown is something that they will likely nerf eventually as it is broken.  I loved when someone on these forums claimed operator combat viability, when literally the only thing they were doing was abusing magus lockdown/who cares?  You aren't killing level 1000 enemies with your amp I can tell you that much the most you would use it for there is getting another type of status proc on the enemy for condition overload in void damage.  Anyone can use magus lockdown including vauban so I fail to see the comparison.  

Actually I see it more like new content vs old comtent, warframes that fall out of favour are the ones that can only deal with old content, vauban struggles in the meta DE are proposing now, the enemies are getting more complex and immune, where does that leave vauban? 

My main point is that, as a player that’s done it all, when new content comes out, everyone is building for it, and everyone jumps on it. That’s the important content. That’s when you start to see holes in warframes as progression dictates where DE are going with the game. For me, vauban is the worst warframe, and will remain the worst after rework, because DE are throwing down increasingly strange enemies, and designing bigger worlds which will always have enemies outside vauban a range waiting to pick him off. Vauban relies heavily on the limits the old game placed on enemies and areas. Vauban is designed to lock everything down, but what about when he can’t? There’s no plan B. I feel every warframe should have at least 2 different ways to excel. I do however think that it’s a content problem and not a warframe problem, they keep making the game try to work outside it’s design frame, and the inconsistencies are PILING UP!

On 2019-10-04 at 3:36 PM, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Don’t be too hard on him.  Volt is essentially the super-versatile ”DECATHLETE” of Warframes, but his power curve only really kicks in as a Prime with a mature mod library and about 400 hours of gameplay.  Modern Warframe keeps making him stronger as opposed to some frames like Vauban, who needed a rework.  (Looking at Nyx, DE)  He’s not the best at any one thing, but you can trick out his kit to get CLOSE...whether it be

1.  CC (Saryn’s spore-popping best friend and almost Nezha),

2.  squad survivability with Capacitance-augmented shields (Hildryn’s little brother),

3.  speed (not Gauss or Nova but close),

4.  Melee (speed-enhanced movement and attack speed with a passive damage boost that gets close to Valkitty and others but not quite),

5.  defense (not quite Limbo, Frost or Gara but cool synergy and versatility with riot shield, transistor shield augment)

6.  Ranged damage buff with +Crit, +electrical when fired through shields (not on Chroma’s or Rhino’s or Valkitty’s level but works very well in niche situations).

In summary:

Volt is an all-weapon-buffing, squad buffing, CC technician and people seem to focus on one aspect and then try to form an argument around him as they hit this mark.  It doesn’t help that a beginner description has Volt as a “weapon alternative”.

His kit performs a complete paradigm shift away from this description, which makes him a “best kept secret” in some respects.

Mid-level players have this “Ah-HAH!” moment about some aspect of this change and get excited.

2 hours ago, texrei said:

Khora is the better version of Vauban

Until we see new Vauban, this argument is essentially iron-clad.  You could even say Nidus...