Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream :131 Overview

12 minutes ago, BloodRavenCap said:

Just finished watching Devstream 131 and I'm actually starting to see some kind of endgame with Kuva Liches. The thing is, Nemesis system in Shadow of War allowed a very broad range of interacting with orcs, a lot of characters and memorable moments. Steve said that our recruited Grineer could help us only occasionally. And that already is a downgrade, because in SoW you could appoint orcs as your bodyguards, make them fight each other, make them masters of their own fortresses and everything else. Also, can't see how they can create a wide array of interesting characters, because you not only played to get a new loot, you also played for memorable situations. So, if Liches will be boring characters, then it's already a shot to the knee of the system.

I think it would be sweet if we could build our own fleet of followers that could fight for you in the space battles. And if battles would scale, there would be infinite possibilities to create interesting situations by yourself. Fleet against fleet and all that. Full scale space wars.

This is a case of asking for too much too early. Let them grow the system first before dropping so much and having it fail unexpectedly. This is a fine start

14 minutes ago, BloodRavenCap said:

Another thing, only getting weapons from Liches seems a little underwhelming. Maybe it's time for a full inventory system? In SoW you hunted orcs not only for the weapons, but also for the charms and armor\clothes that increased your characteristics. Yeah, with Fashionframe and all that it might now work as well, but maybe there is some middle ground, so it might actually solve the problem of modding system, when you don't have enough slots for mods you want, but you can grind best items by hunting down Liches?

Please god no. We have enough stuff to farm in warframe. There's a reason why they removed stats on warframe helmets.

15 minutes ago, BloodRavenCap said:

And final question - will the Corpus and Infested get the same treatment and will we see analogus of Kuva Liches with Corpus and Infested?

More than likely we will as the system gets added and fleshed out. They always expand systems like these to the other factions. Example: Disruption 

Dear DE, please do not put reload speed and magazine size in exilus.

Reload speed and magazine size may not increase the damage in each shot, but they increase DPS by lowering the down time of the weapon. An extreme example would be like exergis or tigris prime, increase in reload or magazine would hugely increase their DPS. 

It might seems like that I'm a party pooper because I'm trying to the fun, advocating for less DPS. It is the opposite, it's letting them slip that would kill the fun because it would defeat the purpose of a weapon exilus slot. Players want weapon exilus slot because there are non DPS utility mods like, silent mods or the aero set mods and these mods could never compete with the big dog damage mods. Players want an exilus slot so these utility mods can be put on a weapon without worrying losing DPS and thus allows more build diversity. Letting a DPS in disguise such as reload speed and magazine size slip as exilus would defeat the purpose of exilus, because they are clearly better and the other exilus mods can't compete. You wouldn't trade DPS for utility mods when you have 8 mod slots, and you won't trade DPS when you have 9 slots either. Letting DPS in disguise slip would lead to straight power creep and make exilus slot much more mandatory for minmaxing damage rather than a fun utility addition to the weapon.

TLDR: Reload and magazine size are DPS in disguise so they should not be considered as exilus. It would be bad for the game if they are.

4 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Oh so we might actually want heat procs now?  Excited for that as well as ember and vauban changes looking fantastic overall.  

Exilus slot on weapons does make them more powerful, but it will likely vary wildly from weapon to weapon.  I'm just happy as a clam that the exilus slot on weapons will support ammo mutations, as here's looking at you kohm and boar prime and your ammo hungry fire rate.  Same with astilla.  I guess we'll see what all becomes exilus but happy about silence effects being support for frames like ivara who would like to use tigris prime or a sniper but can't really do so without sacrificing some DPS to fit in hush, silent battery, etc. etc.

Well, given DE's typical approach to Exilus mods, it's likely that weapon Exilus mods will be of a similarly utilitarian nature.

1 hour ago, Dietchoke said:

Dear DE, please do not put reload speed and magazine size in exilus.

Reload speed and magazine size may not increase the damage in each shot, but they increase DPS by lowering the down time of the weapon. An extreme example would be like exergis or tigris prime, increase in reload or magazine would hugely increase their DPS. 

It might seems like that I'm a party pooper because I'm trying to the fun, advocating for less DPS. It is the opposite, it's letting them slip that would kill the fun because it would defeat the purpose of a weapon exilus slot. Players want weapon exilus slot because there are non DPS utility mods like, silent mods or the aero set mods and these mods could never compete with the big dog damage mods. Players want an exilus slot so these utility mods can be put on a weapon without worrying losing DPS and thus allows more build diversity. Letting a DPS in disguise such as reload speed and magazine size slip as exilus would defeat the purpose of exilus, because they are clearly better and the other exilus mods can't compete. You wouldn't trade DPS for utility mods when you have 8 mod slots, and you won't trade DPS when you have 9 slots either. Letting DPS in disguise slip would lead to straight power creep and make exilus slot much more mandatory for minmaxing damage rather than a fun utility addition to the weapon.

TLDR: Reload and magazine size are DPS in disguise so they should not be considered as exilus. It would be bad for the game if they are.

They are and they aren't.  Some weapons would barely benefit from a reload mod or mag cap mod.  Others would finally get a chance to at least compete with weapons that don't need reload or mag cap mods.  Take aklex prime for example.  Takes an eternity to reload the damn weapon but if you swap out your 2nd elemental mod for primed quickdraw it's just going to be a worse lex since lex is more accurate and doesn't have crap reload time.  

The game is also powercreeped to S#&$ anyways.  Look at rivens, look at frames.  Both are pushed quite hard in terms of power creep and what they can handle.  Even without rivens I have a forma'ed acceltra that just pisses on the star chart with barely any effort.  

• Like 2

Unsure about losing Accelerant for Immolate, I enjoyed ramping up the Heat dmg with it.

Would rather combine the new passive with Immolate: Somehow have a visible "Combustion" meter on screen and gain %% whenever any of Ember deals HEATdmg/procs and big %% when enemies die under HEAT procs. At max fill, Ember gains smol DR and grants max +35% Ability strength. 

Also would if we could have the new WOF as a HELD cast effect that drains half the Immolate meter, while keeping the existing smoldering WOF and it doesnt drain the meter.

As I missed the devstream altogether and just watched the VOD - what do.

19 minutes ago, Grand_Effekt said:

Unsure about losing Accelerant for Immolate, I enjoyed ramping up the Heat dmg with it.

Would rather combine the new passive with Immolate: Somehow have a visible "Combustion" meter on screen and gain %% whenever any of Ember deals HEATdmg/procs and big %% when enemies die under HEAT procs. At max fill, Ember gains smol DR and grants max +35% Ability strength. 

Also would if we could have the new WOF as a HELD cast effect that drains half the Immolate meter, while keeping the existing smoldering WOF and it doesnt drain the meter.

As I missed the devstream altogether and just watched the VOD - what do.

They sort of made that her passive now. Her original passive was horrible

54 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

They sort of made that her passive now. Her original passive was horrible

Agreed. Since DE removed self-damage on the Javlok - her current passive just became near useless. NOT that I enjoyed doing that myself.

I both like Accelerant AND Immolate. Would love to have her passive ability strength bonus be adjusted and reflected on a Immolation Burn bar.

"Why give it a energy cost to ACTIVATE during the mission  and NOT be THE ember passive?" is my question to DE.

as always, I look forward to WF's core problems and mechanics getting improved. until then, I think the Ember rework is dope AF. and weapon exilus slots are a terrible idea (more power creep yay). I just feel...the game's design is a big problem (mods in general vis a vis power creep), and core problems need to be addressed instead of shoveling more pointless new content. like, why do I need a utility slot for my gun when entire tilesets are getting one-shot anyways? Mods 2.0, let's go DE.

Empyrean looks ambitious and promising. I think in 6-8 months WF will look a lot different, and hopefully more interesting than what we have currently.

Edited by Ikyr0

9 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

disappointed with the exilus weapon slot. it's so un needed it's more powercreep with nothing to match it. otherwise looks nice.

It’s nice that people will use utility mods which are not used at all now though.

2 hours ago, papry said:

And everyone lowkey ignores the small titania buffs and deluxe skin.

I'm calling it next prime titania; a fairy around christmas

I'm excited for the Titania changes. Unless I missed something, though, it sounds like there still isn't a way to regenerate razorflies, so the changes to them are still kinda irrelevant when enemies of even moderate level kill them very quickly. There's also still the glaring issue of Titania being unable to damage arbitration drones without constantly exiting and recasting razorwing, which makes her super clunky / impractical for arbitrations. That last point especially is a big reason I don't use her more.

The damage resistance from thorns will be a very welcome change, though. Damage reflection in Warframe is pretty crappy to begin with, and a damage reflection ability on a frame that's all able not getting hit in the first place always felt extremely nonsensical. That damage resistance will be nice when dealing with homing attacks that completely ignore evasion (looking at you, bombards).

Now they just need to fix her three being a highly questionable ability (and address the aforementioned arbitration issue), and she'll be in pretty good shape! I'd love if the turned her 3 into something she could use to heal her allies and herself- maybe something kind of like Trinity's well of life.

• Like 1

It's good to know in what way Empyrean will be released, however the question remains when will the first part release. We are already in October and we know there's a mainline coming this month. Will it come with it or will it come with a mainline after it.

Other than that it was nice to see more of the Kuva Lich, been looking forward to the kingpin system since it's first reveal way long ago.