Thanks for Watching Devstream #131!

[DE]Rebecca

Just finished watching Devstream 131 and I'm actually starting to see some kind of endgame with Kuva Liches. The thing is, Nemesis system in Shadow of War allowed a very broad range of interacting with orcs, a lot of characters and memorable moments. Steve said that our recruited Grineer could help us only occasionally. And that already is a downgrade, because in SoW you could appoint orcs as your bodyguards, make them fight each other, make them masters of their own fortresses and everything else. Also, can't see how you can create a wide array of interesting characters, because in SoW you not only played to get a new loot, you also played for memorable situations. So, if Liches will be boring characters, then it's already a shot to the knee of the system.

I think it would be sweet if we could build our own fleet of followers that could fight for you in the space battles. And if battles would scale, there would be infinite possibilities to create interesting situations by yourself. Fleet against fleet and all that. Full scale space wars.

Another thing, only getting weapons from Liches seems a little underwhelming. Maybe it's time for a full inventory system? In SoW you hunted orcs not only for the weapons, but also for the charms and armor\clothes that increased your characteristics. Yeah, with Fashionframe and all that it might now work as well, but maybe there is some middle ground, so it might actually solve the problem of modding system, when you don't have enough slots for mods you want, but you can grind best items by hunting down Liches?

And final question - will the Corpus and Infested get the same treatment and will we see analogus of Kuva Liches with Corpus and Infested?

what are the songs before the stream starts? 

ps. i wanted to give some feedback about the new frames but i guess i ll wait until i played them myself.

but as a hint, give vauban some survivability since high level enemies easily oneshot alot of frames without DR since the scaling is flawed.

7 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Thanks for not making Lich weapons give mastery. I wasn't looking forward to an endless MR grind at all.

I missed that note and to be honest that bums me out a bit. I wish it was like Zaws/Kitguns where you master a specific grip/chamber and then have endless possibilities going forward for no extra Mastery.

I hope you can get the Mastery for the following once, but you can grind an endless possible amount of them to get a perfect combination for yourself:

• Kuva Drakgoon
  • Kuva Kohm
  • Kuva Kraken
  • Kuva Ogris
  • Kuva Quartakk
  • Kuva Scythe
  • Kuva Seer
  • Kuva Stubba
  • Kuva Tonkor

This would be a total of 30,000 Mastery. The Vampire Kavat is 6,000, Grendel is 6,000, and his great sword is 3,000. That would total to 45,000 Mastery Rank Affinity, and that would be enough to get Mastery Rank 28 with the launch of the update (for both Founders and non-Founders).

I have a few simple questions about thre stream:

1) Do buyable appearance slots apply to all warframes or 1 warframe?

2) So we can own one if these "vampire kavats"?

3) okay this isn't a question, but feedback: If you're going to change fire damage keep the armor reduction temporary. Or else it'll become just like corrosive.

It was a great stream though, can't wait to try all of these news things!

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I hope you can get the Mastery for the following once, but you can grind an endless possible amount of them to get a perfect combination for yourself:

• Kuva Drakgoon
  • Kuva Kohm
  • Kuva Kraken
  • Kuva Ogris
  • Kuva Quartakk
  • Kuva Scythe
  • Kuva Seer
  • Kuva Stubba
  • Kuva Tonkor

Confirmed that you do not. 

7 minutes ago, Bage79 said:

Where do I report that I didn't receive the dev stream drop on PC account but received on my switch account? Thanks.

I guess the first place would be to your profile on the main Warframe site to make sure that you didn't inadvertently link your Switch account or both at the same time(?) not sure if that's a thing.

Also might check Twitch under settings and Connections, I'd link but the forums keep trying to open a nonexistant player.

Then assuming it wasn't conformable user error, probably the general section of the bugs forum(?), you could try submitting a support ticket through the main warframe site but I don't know if that would do any good as I'm pretty sure support doesn't really tackle crosslinked drop stoofs but I guess there's always a chance? 

I was wondering about the config slots for weapons/fashion.

Are they universal "Config Slots" which apply to ALL mod configs and ALL appearance configs?

Or is it 2 different things, "Mod Config Slots" and "Appearance Config Slots"?

Are they universal or per frame/weapon etc.?

Is the price shown on the Dev Stream (20p) the final or was it a placeholder value you are working on?

LEAVE WOF ALONE. Better yet REVERT IT to how it was before it became a channel ability! WOF used to be quite good but not op like a lot of other frames are now. Before WOF got changed to channeling Ember was a lot of fun. Hit 2 to debuf and WOF for dot and hit 3 for extra aoe. 1 for heave units but not used as much. maybe some people had trouble with high levels but not every frame can fill every role! Would you take a khora or an eidolon hunt??  

Ember is MOBILE FIRE not a fricking asteroid frame. Go build another frame for an asteroid frame!

Vauben never should have been nerfed to start with. Remove limits on his 3 and 4 or at least raise them to useful levels. 

also dont ruin weapon exilius utility slot by make 'utility mods' that have dmg on them. you ruined warframe utility slots by add +str and +range and now those mods are require in builds!

1 minute ago, Spam661 said:

LEAVE WOF ALONE. Better yet REVERT IT to how it was before it became a channel ability! WOF used to be quite good but not op like a lot of other frames are now. Before WOF got changed to channeling Ember was a lot of fun. Hit 2 to debuf and WOF for dot and hit 3 for extra aoe. 1 for heave units but not used as much. maybe some people had trouble with high levels but not every frame can fill every role! Would you take a khora or an eidolon hunt??  

Ember is MOBILE FIRE not a fricking asteroid frame. Go build another frame for an asteroid frame!

Vauben never should have been nerfed to start with. Remove limits on his 3 and 4 or at least raise them to useful levels. 

nah thank you. i actually prefer this way better. this is litteraly the apocalypse!!!

The only thing I wanted to see/hear about the ember rework is that if your good enough you can get close to her over heat blast if you use your 3 as late as possible.

Other than that I may try ember because of this rework. I played Limbo for a long time and I loved how in his lore he did a jump that was too big, over taxed himself to, in a sense, go even further beyond. This ember reminds me so much of that.

GJ so far DE.

8 minutes ago, mikakor said:

nah thank you. i actually prefer this way better. this is litteraly the apocalypse!!!

New ember is convoluted and asinine. Ember is supposed to be mobile dmg. These changes are terrible. They made her 2 defense... they should have kept it as debuff / buff for fire dmg. De doesn't know how to make offensive dps frames. Ruined Ash now they are ruining Ember. 

12 minutes ago, Spam661 said:

New ember is convoluted and asinine. Ember is supposed to be mobile dmg. These changes are terrible. They made her 2 defense... they should have kept it as debuff / buff for fire dmg. De doesn't know how to make offensive dps frames. Ruined Ash now they are ruining Ember. 

nobody cares its way better anyways if you dont like it then it alright in the end 

Fun stream, very curious about the vauban/ember reworks. I think, once released, both frames deserve another, proper shakedown from people. 👀

Also excited about the huge variety those kuva liches (and their weapons) have! It's something to regularly come back to and see what the system rolls!
Can't wait to see more! 🙂

Even with extra mod configs available for purchase, the default starting amount should be 4 configs per item. We have 4 major enemy factions, each with their own faction damage mod, so it's kind of ridiculous to have to pay (especially if it's individually for every item you own) just to to have a config for each major faction.

Archived