Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich system

BloodRavenCap

Just finished watching Devstream 131 and I'm actually starting to see some kind of endgame with Kuva Liches. The thing is, Nemesis system in Shadow of War allowed a very broad range of interacting with orcs, a lot of characters and memorable moments. Steve said that our recruited Grineer could help us only occasionally. And that already is a downgrade, because in SoW you could appoint orcs as your bodyguards, make them fight each other, make them masters of their own fortresses and everything else. Also, can't see how they can create a wide array of interesting characters, because you not only played to get a new loot, you also played for memorable situations. So, if Liches will be boring characters, then it's already a shot to the knee of the system.

I think it would be sweet if we could build our own fleet of followers that could fight for you in the space battles. And if battles would scale, there would be infinite possibilities to create interesting situations by yourself. Fleet against fleet and all that. Full scale space wars.

Another thing, only getting weapons from Liches seems a little underwhelming. Maybe it's time for a full inventory system? In SoW you hunted orcs not only for the weapons, but also for the charms and armor\clothes that increased your characteristics. Yeah, with Fashionframe and all that it might now work as well, but maybe there is some middle ground, so it might actually solve the problem of modding system, when you don't have enough slots for mods you want, but you can grind best items by hunting down Liches?

And final question - will the Corpus and Infested get the same treatment and will we see analogus of Kuva Liches with Corpus and Infested?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BloodRavenCap said:

I think it would be sweet if we could build our own fleet of followers that could fight for you in the space battles. And if battles would scale, there would be infinite possibilities to create interesting situations by yourself. Fleet against fleet and all that. Full scale space wars.

The idea behind our gameplay is that we become the one-man army, our AI allies are merely support. SoW is about making an army and fight another army.

• Like 1

to add on to your idea, and to introduce them into normal missions, not just space ones; I think it would be neat if we could recruit the lichs (liches, lichen?) as placeholder teamates, for the solo players to have a full squad that will do basic things like stand on other points during interception etc. or for when people are still joining your game/after people leave. I'm not saying they should be super advanced AI, but I think they should be at least specters that can be commanded to play the objective/be able to capture points.

The only problem I could forsee with this is that some new players may be worse than your recruited lichen, but honestly, that seems fine to me I'd rather help out a new player than be greedy about my dumb ai teamates. Specters get turned over in the matter of like 20 levels in normal games, I don't think these guys would last that long either in "high end" types of missions, which means they'd suck for people trying to AFK with them.

As long as they don't scale, having 3 specters/liches that can play objectives would be a good thing imo. Having a more "personal" relationship would be good, having a better less lonely solo experience would be good. I'm just unsure how friendly we're going to be with them if we kill them and then recruit them. I don't think they'd be our BFFs

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BloodRavenCap said:

With a few Ballas quotes in mind, I'd say that the Tenno should probably be like the generals in the new war against the Sentients. On the field Jedi style. Ultimately, we seem to be in a good set up for the Tenno to become the primary military leadership in the system. All the leaders and hierarchies of the other factions are being torn down and the colonies already side with the Tenno. I think what you said makes allot of sense. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zyga21 said:

As long as they don't scale, having 3 specters/liches that can play objectives would be a good thing imo. Having a more "personal" relationship would be good, having a better less lonely solo experience would be good. I'm just unsure how friendly we're going to be with them if we kill them and then recruit them. I don't think they'd be our BFFs

so basically making them sucks ? if they don't scale, then they don't matter. if i'm gonna recruit one, it's because i care about them or got impressed enough that i want to keep them, and make them be worth the trouble and investment.

I just Hope DE will be smart and not make them as easy to lose as an idiot syndicate operative, that dies in silence without us being able to do anything about it.

I want something that is worth the trouble. these are the KUVA LICHES!!! freaking elite grineer soldier, spiked to Kuva, elites made probably on order of the queens themselves! if they don't scales, it would make absolutely no freaking sense what so ever. it would be pathetic.

• Like 1

I also think that you can solve the inventory and fashionframe problem with just another system, where you use some equipment from the Kuva Liches to boost your stats, but as with weapons, you can make clothes or armor invisible, so not to mess with your fashion. Or you could leave some parts visible to compliment the fashion. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I'm not terribly sold on ugly grineer companions besides clem. I'm more interested in the weapon permutations, since it seems like a safer investment. I'm open to being proven wrong in all areas though. 

I'd be more interested in Corpus companions, personally, but I'm not opposed to Grineer. And then there's the notion of Infestation Liches, which is fascinating in how weird that would be if such a thing existed. Would an Infested Lich become a free-thinking entity? Would it be available for recruiting like the others or would it be kill-only because of, well, obvious reasons? I'm kind of doubting it'll happen just for how strange it would be, but it's interesting for me to think about because of how strange it would be.

I really want to learn more about this system, how it works, and how it can be expanded in the future. Anything that can add some variety and break up monotony of the usual gameplay loop is good thing for me, especially since it looks like it will help "personalize" the game a little more for individual players. Having a nemesis is always a fun time.

I don't know how much has been revealed about this system, but it's the thing that has caught my attention the most. Anywhere I can look to read/hear more about it?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zyga21 said:

if they did scale they could just be used to afk play the game, besides, they're grineer, not all powerful tenno. I wouldnt expect clem to be able to do a mission all by clemself.

You know, I don't really care if someone wants to go afk as long as they don't get directly in my way. The multiplayer spawns make some builds better even. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

You know, I don't really care if someone wants to go afk as long as they don't get directly in my way. The multiplayer spawns make some builds better even. 

we all would like to be able to afk, but DE doesn't for obvious reasons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...