Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New fire procs that strip armour

(NSW)Katsuro

20 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Wisp's four already strips armour. What will the benefit in fire procs be?

It only strips when she has the green mote active, and I believe it happens like every 2 seconds or something.  So the fire proc on top of that will increase the sped at which it could strip armor.  She could in theory strip armor from multiple enemies in the same time it would currently take to strip the armor from one.  It would allow us to play more fast and loose when using her 4th ability.  At least in theory.

Edit: Wisp's armor strip actually applies every .5 seconds

Edited by (XB1)Mechanized Mind

1 minute ago, (XB1)Mechanized Mind said:

It only strips when she has the green mote active, and I believe it happens like every 2 seconds or something.  So the fire proc on top of that will increase the sped at which it could strip armor.  She could in theory strip armor from multiple enemies in the same time it would currently take to strip the armor from one.  It would allow us to play more fast and loose when using her 4th ability.  At least in theory.

It's tied to damage tick per second, so every 0.5 seconds. Which is decent.

Depending on how it works, it'll range from entirely useless to meta changing.  Overall it's pretty difficult to get consistent fire procs compared to something like corrosive on weaponry compared to something like corrosive due to proc chance, status mods, and elemental damage in general.

I don't see it being that great on weapons since having it would exclude Gas and Radiation damage and I suspect high rof weapons will work better with Corrosive for stripping purposes. And running Corrosive + Heat might be too redundant unless Heat stacking is worthwhile.

But who knows maybe something like Viral + Heat will end up being really powerful.

We'll see when they announce the finalized changes to heat procs as they're still working on it.  If it can stack DoT procs in the same way slash can as well as strip armor like corrosive it's a big gamechanger as viral heat suddenly becomes insanely good because you get to halve their health and strip their armor.  On a kohm for example that would be insane having viral heat as your only procs outside IPS plus the slash it has makes it way better.  Just the exilus change alone makes kohm way better getting to run ammo mutation in exilus and then freeing up that slot for like vigilante armaments.  

In the future it'll probably be like:

-New Magnetic Effects = Reduce shields and strips armor

-New Viral Effects = Reduces health and strips armor

-New Impact Effects = Staggers and strips armor

-New Corrosive Effects = Ignores armor and strips armor

Eh, you get the idea. Seems like everything has to come with some kind of way to deal with armor. And only armor.

Am I too cynical? Rather than rework armor scaling a bit, they just keep tossing out more anti-armor things. Maybe it's not as bad as I'm thinking it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

Eh, you get the idea. Seems like everything has to come with some kind of way to deal with armor. And only armor.

Am I too cynical? Rather than rework armor scaling a bit, they just keep tossing out more anti-armor things. Maybe it's not as bad as I'm thinking it is.

I like more armor strip because every time I load into a public mission with grineer basically no one else has corrosive projection on.  I wouldn't call this reworking to strip or shall we say melt armor universal unless they actually just keep doing it over and over with each IPS type and elementals that people don't run like magnetic.  Cold was just reworked to be more status proc friendly, but didn't make armor freeze up and break off.  

Armor scaling is only a problem if you stay for a while and see enemies beyond level 300 is where armor strip becomes necessary but is usually facilitated by 4 CP's.  On the star chart you can just overpower any enemy with a well modded weapon typically as long as you aren't trying to use like magnetic against grineer because it's just awful there.  

I'm looking forward to it. 

6 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

And how would it compare with Corrosive? I suppose there's a tradeoff somewhere, or Fire might as well be Corrosive+ in status effects.

Sounds like Fire strips armor over time while Corrosive strips armor upon proc.

Just remember that Fire will also have a stacking DoT attached, similar to Slash and Toxin.

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter

12 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

Personally I'd say it's a better solution. Armored enemies are pretty much the only ones that are difficult to kill and making them easier with a handful of specific setups is better than making them easier against everything and wet paper against the appropriate builds.

But if they did just add it to everything then we'd reach a point where adjusting scaling itself would have made more sense.

6 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

And how would it compare with Corrosive? I suppose there's a tradeoff somewhere, or Fire might as well be Corrosive+ in status effects.

i guess its just better as it stacks like Slash but also strip armor. since Slash and Heat deal 25% bonus to flesh, and unknown% armor strip to this new Fire proc. i guess its just better when combined viral + heat build?

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Isn't it kind of sad that DE has all but admitted that armor scaling is crazy to the point of having to implement changes that specifically counteract armor to these degrees?

I think it's more sad that it took them this long.  At least now we can add heat procs to our vast arsenal of only corrosive and slash.

I'm sure DE has known about this issue as long as anyone, but they're really hesitant to put out changes about corrosive stuff so it gets delayed for years on end.