Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So..who's next? (Reworks)

23 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Whoever's lowest on the list. Trinity was lowest as of July 2019 according to Rebecca on a twitch stream, followed by Vauban, then Banshee.

Sorry, but may I please ask for a link of when this list was first shown? I'd like to see it.

Any chance you happen to recall which video number it is? Is it on their youtube channel as well by any chance?

I don't think Loki rework is going to happen.  I see Loki players every single day regardless of mission type.  I don't care much for him, but he is good for many riven challenges.  As for frames I never see, Nyx is on the list, as well as trinity, Excalibirb, Ash, Titania.  But, just because people are not playing them doesn't mean they need the rework right now.  I think Gauss fits into unpopular frames right now; even though he was touched up in the last hotfix he is still kinda meh and annoying to play.  

I think Valkyr needs a rework the most.  Only her number 2 ability is good, and only good with an augment.  I guess she's tanky, but that's not enough to warrant playing her.  

• Like 1

Aside from those that need it (Nyx, Titania, Etc.), I'd go with Revenant. His kit hurts itself, with his 1 being the only ability that synergizes well between all abilities. His 2 stops 3 heals from being useful and takes away from absorbing damage with his 4, his 4 kills thralls and thrall pillars which you need to block things off and maybe get a thrall, and his 3 doesn't do anything unless you have a thrall, which in that case you pretty much just kill the thrall, and the augment makes absolutley no sense, Eidolons nor sentients nor vampires blind people. And it's bad too! I was thinking he was a minion frame when I got him, was dissapointed to find out he just marks enemies that are made to die, and not used. 2 is okay protection, but should definitley be changed to incorporate healing.

• Like 1

Yeah I definitely don't see how Trinity needs a rework compared to most of these other frames. She's the most powerful support (unless you count healer as a separate class entirely) in the game by a frankly ridiculous margin. Nobody plays her outside of boss fights, endurance runs, or ESO because people enjoy nuking tons of small enemies much more than actively juggling all your abilities to let your teammates nuke nonstop and make sure nobody dies while you kill almost nothing, but that doesn't change the fact that she's extremely powerful and a huge boost to just about any team. Also, as other people have said, she's locked behind Ambulas, which is a pretty substantial obstacle for new players, so combining that with her playstyle not letting you personally do what everyone wants to do in this game, which is kill everything on the screen, it makes sense that she's the least played frame, if that's an accurate stat.

3 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

Sorry, but may I please ask for a link of when this list was first shown? I'd like to see it.

Any chance you happen to recall which video number it is? Is it on their youtube channel as well by any chance?

Sadly, twitch already seems to have deleted the stream, which was at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/456437502

I have the whole thing on my HDD, but its 16 gigs. I'll see if I can clip the relevant part later.

• Like 1

Better-Revert-Trinity Wednesdays! Wait, uh.... >.<

Well of Life: Could be better if the augment was also built in. This helps operators and those warframes with sustain builds a lot more, due to the orb drops. Ax the building up of the enemy's health.

Energy Vampire: Building in its augment would let us know a lot better whether someone got their energy juice or not. (e.g. purpling of health bars)

Link: Would be nice to not have to recast it every 50 seconds or so. While not being a 'set and forget' ability, perhaps a 'set and have it eat energy based on the amount of potential health lost' ability. (i.e. Xx energy per total health prevented lost in the past Yy seconds)

Blessing: I miss the world ranged cast, but understand why it was nerfed. 

I think all frames are currently well balanced, 

But if I had to nitpick I think Valkyr would need some changes - but that may be due to the current melee state, so changes to melee might just make her better. Her 1 definitely needs to be more. 

A lot of the frames need a better 1 ability including chroma, loki, Mesa and Equinox,

So it's less of a rework need and more of a qol change. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

Hopefully what's next is Chromas Toxic Elemental Ward.  I just wish they would remove the forced 5M range on the toxic Aura.  Range mods do nothing to increase or decrease it and it is insanely annoying.  I have a build setup specifically for it but it wont do anything until enemies are within 5M and that is just soo stupidly short.  Furthermore the mechanical side of the ability is pointless now since we insta-switch weapons now... So...  I guess whens the rework on the functionality of the ability and whens my 5M range going to be allowed to extend further?

squidboy definitely needs some tlc, he's probably the most forgettable kit in the game if we're being honest, also valkyr could similarly take on some love if de are truly deadset on never treating this games power creep, her abilities are all too close and personal for a progressively aoe centric game. 

I’ve been campaigning hard for chroma.  His 1 is totally useless, his 4 is mostly useless, his best ability doesn’t even consider his elemental passive, and little of his kit says dragon.  Bare minimum his 1 and 4 need touching up but I’d love a rework.  Make him an actual dragon frame.  

Edited by OmegaDonut
  • Like 2

Am 4.10.2019 um 23:55 schrieb Aldain:

Wait, really? Where was this and how did I miss it?

Outside of his 3 being pretty bad I can't see why anyone would think Excal is in a position needing a rework.

His 1 is basic, but effective, his 2 is an amazingly simple but effective AoE CC and his 4 is one of the best, if not the best, Exalted Melee weapons in the game.

Imho it's mainly his 3 that needs some tweaks or at least some synergy with the rest of his kit.

Either some interaction with his 2 or scalable number of enemies hit or the los restriction lifted.

His 1 and 2 are good, the augment on his 2 is meh though and the projectile of his 4 is too slow to hit anything moving.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)de_sch0sch said:

the projectile of his 4 is too slow to hit anything moving.

I usually use it to attack enemies running at me, so I don't have that issue, if the enemies aren't running at my face then I tend to not use Exalted Blade that much and favor my gun.

That projectile is more of a hallway clearer than a distance attack, it also punches through anything, even Minecraft bedrock, so wall-slashing things in the next room is a pointless, but never unwelcome bonus.

As for Excals 3 all they'd need to do is make it some other utility like multi-directional parry and have it be able to be ended early to send the javelins out as they currently function...and maybe give them a small buff so they don't stop working on Grineer past level 25.

Nyx.

Her rework was worthless. She still is the only warframe with no purpose, with no single role in the game. No damage, no decent control, no support, no survivalability. Don't tell about her 4 - a few eximus around and soon you dead

On 2019-10-04 at 3:42 PM, Aldain said:

I'd say Loki is a bit dated in design and could use a touch-up, not a huge overhaul but maybe more like a Decoy buff/rework and merging it with Switch Teleport to free up a slot for something new.

Also maybe Loki could use a passive that would see actual use...outside of Riven challenges I can't remember the last time I purposely wall latched.

Other than Loki I don't know many other frames that could use a rework well enough to say for sure, some people are saying Trinity and Banshee, but I have so little knowledge of what would be wrong or right with them at the moment.

Also maybe they could look at Atlas or Revanant (hi Gears) for some smaller tweaks to improve them (Atlas' wall is so bad...)

It's not that Loki's passive is useless per say, it's just that the playstyle that benefits from it requires some pretty specific mods and a very specific Arcane, neither of which would be particularly high on most people's "To Farm" lists.

2 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

It's not that Loki's passive is useless per say, it's just that the playstyle that benefits from it requires some pretty specific mods and a very specific Arcane, neither of which would be particularly high on most people's "To Farm" lists.

A passive that requires a specific loadout and mod/arcane selection to work doesn't exactly convince me that being able to glue myself to a wall for longer is a good passive, especially when compared to some other Warframe's passives.

I mean there are many passive abilities that are just in the "Why" zone, Rhino's passive is just...awful for example, and I would put Loki's barely ahead of that.

Just now, Aldain said:

A passive that requires a specific loadout and mod/arcane selection to work doesn't exactly convince me that being able to glue myself to a wall for longer is a good passive, especially when compared to some other Warframe's passives.

I mean there are many passive abilities that are just in the "Why" zone, Rhino's passive is just...awful for example, and I would put Loki's barely ahead of that.

It's not much different than building for a single ability. Even then, Loki is simply the most convenient frame to put that loadout on, as his passive frees up a mod slot.

On 2019-10-05 at 11:15 PM, BlindStalker said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x1Kn41_qoD92WCLUyzgTDlDNA525LWUa

It's just the audio, but it's the entire interview.

Loki could use some changes to his 1 and 3, but leave the disarm and invisibility untouched as they are his most useful abilities right now but even his 4 is usually not used all that much because with a normal loki build your range is S#&amp;&#036; with your duration being sky high and he just flatout doesn't need strength at all.  

Excal's 3 could be changed.  Should be changed really, it's the most disappointing part of his kit.  

Banshee could use some rework, though I'm afraid they'll just take away her insane damage multiplier if they rework her as it is currently the best in the game damage wise it can make even the hind look outstanding.

Frost could see some change to ice wave and whatever his 1 is called.  Snow globe and avalanche are pretty much all I use on him, but honestly the only thing I want regarding frost RIGHT NOW is an increase to his energy pool because it's downright pathetic at 425 with a maxed primed flow when frost is a caster frame.  

Rhino is in a very fine spot right now.  Stomp is fine, roar is fantastic, iron skin could have better base values maybe, and his 1, while not exactly important, does work well with his 2 augment wise.  Don't see a need to rework him.  

Inaros could use a rework.  Most of inaros's kit is useless, people just play him because if you throw on a ton of health mods and one arcane grace his survivability is fantastic.  Heck you don't even need grace, you can just use magus repair to heal him and likely never die unless enemies are dealing hundreds to thousands of damage per bullet to you/levels way beyond starchart.  

Nekros doesn't need a rework.  His kit is fantastic if you know how to mod him properly, yes you need some augments on him but honestly his augments are among the best in the game for synergising with his kit.  Despoil takes the spot that primed flow usually occupies, shield of shadows if used is just a survivability slot.  Making them innate on nekros just makes him insanely overpowered honestly.  Terrify augment is quite nice.  Soul punch is really the only thing bad about him, because with vazarin you can just instantly pick someone up now.