Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Tactless_Ninja

So..who's next? (Reworks)

1 hour ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Rhino is in a very fine spot right now.  Stomp is fine, roar is fantastic, iron skin could have better base values maybe, and his 1, while not exactly important, does work well with his 2 augment wise.  Don't see a need to rework him.

What about a better passive?

Really the only problem Rhino has at the moment is his "I have free Heavy Impact" passive being just...why.

On 2019-10-05 at 8:53 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

To be fair Trinity is currently locked behind Ambulas. I can’t really blame people for not getting Trinity when she’s locked behind one of the most annoying bosses.

More like, most annoying grind mechanic. 5 min per 4-6 ambulas codes but require 40 codes to enter one mission.

On 2019-10-04 at 11:29 PM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Whoever's lowest on the list. Trinity was lowest as of July 2019 according to Rebecca on a twitch stream, followed by Vauban, then Banshee. Loki and Banshee are two of the frames who haven't had their kits touched at all or in very minor ways over the years. Both are still effective, but they could use some QoL changes to make them more streamlined and fun to play. Things like cast while move(Loki got that done) and making niche abilities more useful for general gameplay. I barely play Loki, so I wouldn't have an idea about what to do with him.

must correct you on trin. she was used with her link ability and catanas but it was nerfed by DE ASAP. but i do agree on other part of your post

3 hours ago, (PS4)R3N36AD3 said:

I'm all for it.

Just don't #*!%ing touch mesmer skin, DE.

Mesmer skin needs to go. It’s literally preventing Danse Macabre from scaling. Also it’s mechanics have nothing to do with Eidolons or Sentients.

Can my dragon switch element on the fly, please DE? It's doesn't feel right if the Master of the Elements can't switch elements on the fly. 

I hope DE can do a massive rework update after Empyrean and The New War drops (like update 22.12).

On 2019-10-11 at 7:51 PM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x1Kn41_qoD92WCLUyzgTDlDNA525LWUa

It's just the audio, but it's the entire interview.

Thank you for finding and clipping out the audio!

Unrelated side note: I had some trouble getting the audio file to play on VLC, WMP and Audacity. But managed to get it to work on MPC-BE player. I think maybe I'm just missing some sort of audio codec or something (not sure what my issue is but I'll sort it out later on my own). Thank you again for clipping out the interview, I appreciate it!

On 2019-10-04 at 10:05 PM, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Oh and Limbo because Limbo

As a Limbo main...

I actually have been tossing one around in my head. Less emphasis on stasis (which can turn off gameplay) and some means to maintain his usefulness without it, and a friendlier rift without removing it and what makes people love Limbo entirely. 

Excal could also use some tweaking since his 4 is basically a gun. And that's just no good for a swordsman. His 3 is also pretty 'meh'. Though that's very much tweaking, not a full rework. Remove the beams and buff the actual blade part of Exalted Blade.

definitely loki or trinity or both.

trinity is "usable", she can heal the teamk, ok, but hek, she's so boring to use, while loke...his only purpose is his second ability, thats all.

they feel old, and they are surclassed by other frames.

I don't know about Trinity, she's a pretty solid Warframe all things considered. Her kit is complete for her purpose, can heal and protect all her teammates. I don't see many of them because, I think, she's locked behind one of the most annoying boss fights of the game - just beside poor Atlas. 

I "main" Rhino and I usually feel good playing him, even though I have an all-rounded build with no augments (I don't know, I'm perfectly aware of the usefulness of them, but I keep thinking I need other mods more...), but yes I would like a new passive, something actually useful. I don't know other players, but I almost never land using the passive, but with slam attacks or even with 4 (which can finally be cast mid-air). And new animations, but that goes for a lot of old warframes and weapon stances. 

About Excalibur, it would be nice joining in some way 1 and 4, so his Exalted Blade lets you dash on enemies like an archmelee. His 1 then could be used for something else, maybe beams, or some kind of buff? I don't know, just throwing in random ideas. 

Back to the main question, I actually think (unpopular opinion maybe) Chroma needs a rework. He has strong buffs, yes, but mostly for himself unless you stay almost latched on him, and 1 and 4 aren't used that much. As DrivaMain said, he should have the ability to switch elements at will, not in the Arsenal... maybe choosing 2 of them at the start? Random elements every mission to keep players on edge? Even though this last idea would totally ruin Eidolon runs, of course...

Frost is in a good spot, a strong defensive Warframe against ranged enemies (he's useless against infested unless you use the 3 augment, but is that really a flaw?); yet I would also like more love for his 1 (which is at the moment the "get the globe out of your teammates' line of sight" button) and 2 (it feels redunant and inconsistent, I think). 

EDIT: On a side, note, the rework I'd really want is the possibility of an "Augment Slot" just like Arcanes - or the possibility to equip them on the Exilus slot, at the very least. 

On 2019-10-12 at 9:23 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Mesmer skin needs to go. It’s literally preventing Danse Macabre from scaling. Also it’s mechanics have nothing to do with Eidolons or Sentients.

Mesmer skin is themed after the sentient shields the eidolon use. I think Reventant is fine I'd prefer to see trinity or nyx have a rework. 

15 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

Mesmer skin is themed after the sentient shields the eidolon use. I think Reventant is fine I'd prefer to see trinity or nyx have a rework. 

Eidolons Shields: a shield that functions like a health bar.

Mesmer Skin: a charges based defense ability that doesn’t function like a health bar.

Also in his reveal stream they said it was more inspired by vampires ability to hypnotize or whatever.

So no it is not themed after the Eidolons Shields.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Eidolons Shields: a shield that functions like a health bar.

Mesmer Skin: a charges based defense ability that doesn’t function like a health bar.

Also in his reveal stream they said it was more inspired by vampires ability to hypnotize or whatever.

So no it is not themed after the Eidolons Shields.

I was specifically meaning the fact that Eidolon shields can only be damaged by void damage. But it doesn't matter to much anyway Revenant is a fine frame there are others who could really use a revisit.

13 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

I was specifically meaning the fact that Eidolon shields can only be damaged by void damage. But it doesn't matter to much anyway Revenant is a fine frame there are others who could really use a revisit.

He’s not fine. He’s about the furthest thing from fine as you can get. His abilities have no flow, they actively contradict each other and have numerous anti synergizes. And most importantly. He looks like an Eidolon, yet 3/4 of his abilities are Vampire themed. 2 things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other and would’ve made 2 amazing frames but were crumpled together into the travesty we have today.

5 hours ago, EvanGallaway said:

Even though this last idea would totally ruin Eidolon runs, of course...

Every time I see this i want to yell at a kitten.  One stupid boss fight shouldnt prevent a frame from having even some semblance of a complete kit.  BuT EiDoLoNz! is so tiring.  

(and im not blaming or attacking you, just a common theme i see)  

27 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

He’s not fine. He’s about the furthest thing from fine as you can get. His abilities have no flow, they actively contradict each other and have numerous anti synergizes. And most importantly. He looks like an Eidolon, yet 3/4 of his abilities are Vampire themed. 2 things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other and would’ve made 2 amazing frames but were crumpled together into the travesty we have today.

That has not been my experience play revenant. The biggest gripe I have is other players killing my thralls before I have a chance to use them. 

3 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

That has not been my experience play revenant. The biggest gripe I have is other players killing my thralls before I have a chance to use them. 

Oh so you’ve already found the biggest problem with him. Without his Thralls he’s useless and his Thralls are always dead. Seriously whoever designed Revenants abilities should be banned from ever making another frame again (especially since they’re also responsible for the sorry excuse of a rework Nyx got).

other issues revolve around if Mesmer skin is his primary defense ability why do all of his recovery mechanics focus around Shields and health, Danse Macabre destroying Enthralls damage pillars (I mean they’re useless but atleast they were there), His passive being garbage, slow casting speeds, Mesmer Skin actively preventing Danse Macabre from using its scaling mechanic properly, Reave only having significant uses when paired with Enthrall (the ability that again gets killed before you can use it). He’s just a mess of a frame. And calling him a good frame is an insult to the people who actually put thought and effort into making proper good frames that don’t have to get by on obscure niches.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Oh so you’ve already found the biggest problem with him. Without his Thralls he’s useless and his Thralls are always dead. Seriously whoever designed Revenants abilities should be banned from ever making another frame again (especially since they’re also responsible for the sorry excuse of a rework Nyx got).

other issues revolve around if Mesmer skin is his primary defense ability why do all of his recovery mechanics focus around Shields and health, Danse Macabre destroying Enthralls damage pillars (I mean they’re useless but atleast they were there), His passive being garbage, slow casting speeds, Mesmer Skin actively preventing Danse Macabre from using its scaling mechanic properly, Reave only having significant uses when paired with Enthrall (the ability that again gets killed before you can use it). He’s just a mess of a frame. And calling him a good frame is an insult to the people who actually put thought and effort into making proper good frames that don’t have to get by on obscure niches.

As I have said that's not my experience with Revenant. The thrall thing is a minor annoyance but other than that he is a decent frame if you dislike him so much you do have 40 other frames to choose from. It would be nice if he had a simple tweaking of his first ability and maybe other small tweaks but honestly there are frames in much larger need of work nyx and trinity being decent examples.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Your problem with Thralls is not a Revenant problem, it's a Warframe-is-too-easy problem. Post your issues with Thralls and CC in general here:

When Revenant is in a long Endurance mission, his Thralls work great and all the synergies work very well. But you don't really need Revenant's full kit when every thing dies in one shot. That's a difficulty problem and it sounds like DE is aware of the problem.

1 minute ago, Troposphere6 said:

As I have said that's not my experience with Revenant. The thrall thing is a minor annoyance but other than that he is a decent frame if you dislike him so much you do have 40 other frames to choose from. It would be nice if he had a simple tweaking of his first ability and maybe other small tweaks but honestly there are frames in much larger need of work nyx and trinity being decent examples.

You don’t get it. I don’t “dislike” Revenant. I hate him with every fiber of my being. You can’t make a Warframe look like something from the lore of the game and then make all of their abilities have absolutely nothing to do with the thing his appearance is based off! How would people like it if when DE were making Gauss and calling him the speed frame, but absolutely nothing about his abilities had to do with speed? IDK about you but people would likely be down right furious. So why is it that Revenant, the frame who looks like an Eidolon, but due to some Herculean leap in common sense and logic was given vampire powers, is given a pass? You can’t use the argument that it made him a good frame because he’s trash. You can’t argue that there’s some lore thing that justifies it because there isn’t. He’s a bad frame with no justification for the way he exists. The only reason anybody even thinks about defending him is because they’re so caught up in the idea that you need to be able to kill level 3000 enemies in an incredibly slow and boring process that’s severely outperformed by just about every other frame in the games content that actually gives you rewards. He either needs a complete rework or to just be deleted from the game.

I really hope trinity get some kind of offensive capability with her link and maybe bless giving some status immunity and her passive being insta revives+what it is also her 1 being better