Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas That Could Improve Warframe

Razielkh

WARNING! Epic wall of text ahead. WARNING!

Still here? Lovely. ^^

First of all, I've been playing Warframe since early closed beta, and I love the game. It had some downs and issues (still has some), but it's a game in development, and I understand the whole process. So what I am going to write about now are just some ideas, me and couple of my friends have, that may or may not make Warframe even better. Keep in mind, these are raw ideas, not detailed changes or anything like that, and whole point of this topic is to discuss about them, and who knows, maybe DE notice some of them. Also I am sure some of these ideas have been already posted who knows where or when on the forums, so don't that against me.

Shall we begin? :)

1. Warframe abilities:

I think they are too powerful, and here is why. Some warframes like Nova, Rhino, Volt, Nekros, etc. can clear whole rooms in matter of seconds. Why is that a problem, some might ask? Well, this is a coop game, and 3 other players running behind 4th one clearing all rooms all by himself, doesn't feel like a cooperative game to me. And it's not only ultimate abilities, there are other abilities that are very powerful as well. Now I know, all those abilities will be (and should be) refined, reworked, tweaked, balanced, etc. over time, but my proposal is just to make all of them less effective, in other words, less damage dealt, less range, shorter duration, etc. I believe that change like that would make players work together more, focus the game more on teamwork and other skills, like shooting and moving properly. Of course you can still play your as specialized ability user, but you would have to sacrifice a lot more other mods in order to achieve that, like less health or shield, or slower movement in order to have very powerful abilities.

So in short, less effective abilities, should add importance to the teamwork and coop aspect of the game.

2. Weapon mods:

I love the new system, old one (before mods system) didn't quite work for me. But I have some issues with it, for example, again I believe some weapons with some mods combination are too powerful. Same problem as with abilities that I addressed.  How to change it? Well, my idea is to have special slot only for elemental mod for each weapon, meaning you can have only 1 elemental damage type for each weapon, and keep their effects as they are. Think of it as ammo type you are using, incendiary, cryogenic, shock, and armor piercing ammo. What would that achieve? Again more teamwork, cause, in a mission, you will face enemies with strong shields, heavy armor, etc. You won't have super weapon that can easily kill every type of enemy, you would have to rely on some help from your team mates. Besides that, again I am sure most mods will be rebalanced, changed, improved, nerfed, etc. For example, I think Hush is awesome mod, but it should cost more points, after all it makes your weapon silenced (making other silent weapons a bit obsolete to use).

In short, making weapons be more specialized, instead of being omnipotent, would again add importance to the teamwork and coop.

3. Content:

I agree that in f2p games, content comes as priority. After all that's what makes veteran players keep coming back after they did all they could before, and as much as I like bunch of new weapons, environments, cosmetics, even warframes (thou they are coming slower than other stuff), I think there should be new game mechanics, or mission types as well. For example survival mission was really nice improvement, and I wish there are more updates like that. Doing same 5-6 types of mission in bunch of different environments, gets boring faster than doing 15 different types of missions in only few environments, at least for me. Why not add more challenge with let's say stealth assassination ( we are space ninjas after all xD). Kill boss without raising alarm, or if you do get spotted and alert is activated, make boss move with guard to escape ship, and if you can't catch him on time, mission fails. I am sure, there are many more ideas for mission types like that, and I am sure they are not hard to implement in the game, thou I am sure it's harder than new weapons or scarves.

In short, more content is always good, but try to mix it up a bit. Make each update bring different type of new contents, instead of bringing same type of new content over and over again.

I think I will stop here for now, this post is already way too long, but please, tell me your thoughts and ideas on everything I've mentioned, and don't be afraid to add your ideas as well, just keep in mind, be constructive and behave yourself. Don't want this to turn into another rage/rant topic, and if this discussion goes well, more ideas will come as well.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Razielkh

i agree with your post but you are missing a key factor

The AI is terrible and I don't think it even detects objects right now. This game would be a lot harder if the AI was better and fought you with tactics rather than bullet spray.

But i'd wait for damage/armor 2.0, maybe that will make us warframes less powerful. 

I'm surprised that you didn't list trade.  Trade would be greatly helpful in Warframe.  Say someone needed a part, well, someone else could trade it to them.  Or trade platinum or credits.  Or an old sword or gun they don't need anymore.  Just a thought.

i agree with your post but you are missing a key factor

The AI is terrible and I don't think it even detects objects right now. This game would be a lot harder if the AI was better and fought you with tactics rather than bullet spray.

But i'd wait for damage/armor 2.0, maybe that will make us warframes less powerful. 

AI isn't that terrible. I mean infested are mindless horde, not much to do about that, and other factions use cover, try to flank, get you out of cover with grenades, all the usual stuff, which isn't noticed often, since players can simply rush through countless waves of enemies being powerful as they are.

I am also eagerly waiting for new armor 2.0 system, and I think that will be change in good direction.

I'm surprised that you didn't list trade.  Trade would be greatly helpful in Warframe.  Say someone needed a part, well, someone else could trade it to them.  Or trade platinum or credits.  Or an old sword or gun they don't need anymore.  Just a thought.

As for trade, I didn't list it since it was announced around update 8 I think, so trade is coming, not a question of if, just when. :)