Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Meteor

XenMaster

I remember watching First of the North Star when Kenshiro points his finger, says "Omae wa mou shindeiru." and then the other guy gets squashed by a huge meteor storm.

But seriously it probably won't kill anything off the star chart. 

I don’t really get this ability change for Ember. Summoning a comet barrage isn’t really her theme, nor does it look great for her. It’s an almost comical meteor drop in one area, rather than her AOE aura. While the rest of her kit looks outstanding, and with her new passive I hope we see WOF return.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

I don’t really get this ability change for Ember. Summoning a comet barrage isn’t really her theme, nor does it look great for her. It’s an almost comical meteor drop in one area, rather than her AOE aura. While the rest of her kit looks outstanding, and with her new passive I hope we see WOF return.

It was a pretty much mandatory move and I commend them for doing so. If they decided to keep the aura and update the power Ember would have returned the afk farmer that people have complained about but, in case they did not buff the aura, ember would have remained a weakling in terms of ultimate.

I like the new move set and the heat meter to give them a reason to use your head while playing. You could argue that it's a bit odd to summon meteors in a closed space and they could simply  replace them with mid air explosions but whatever, I care about the result and the new ember seems promising. I'm glad I have already forma'ed a few times so she will be almost set for her new rise (of the phoenix).

4 hours ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

WoF is a fire and forget ability. Glad that it is gone. It really crippled her cit. I am surprised that some guys think that the current ember is good in any way... you have to put her in perspectiv to other frames and when you do that it is pretty obvious why they change almost the hole kit. Her new 4 is godlike and WoF should never come back. Its just brainless.

14 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

WoF is a fire and forget ability. Glad that it is gone. It really crippled her cit. I am surprised that some guys think that the current ember is good in any way... you have to put her in perspectiv to other frames and when you do that it is pretty obvious why they change almost the hole kit. Her new 4 is godlike and WoF should never come back. Its just brainless.

It’s more about playstyle. I understand the AFK element, but those players will always find a way and there are at least two in the game already.

For me, it was a cast and maintain power while I focus on gunplay. Auras are cool and helpful CC while you use the weapons available. Her other skills and passive would have worked well with current WOF. Changing her playstyle affects players who like her current style.

I don’t understand why they change a kit for ‘other’ players to like her when ‘some other’ players already like the current model. If there was a demand for her to meet your preference, they could have just made a new frame similar to Ember but with this new kit. After all, Ember was supposed to be a guy originally. Might have been a cool opportunity for Flame boy.

I just hope for a return, even if it’s throw an augment for a continued aura at the cost of upfront damage.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

For me, it was a cast and maintain power while I focus on gunplay. Auras are cool and helpful CC while you use the weapons available. Her other skills and passive would have worked well with current WOF. Changing her playstyle affects players who like her current style.

I'm gonna miss current WoF for the same reasons. Keeping a host of enemies near you in a fiery aura was helpful as a melee combatant. I enjoyed being able to keep Ember alive in the fray despite her squishiness, thanks to her constant applications of CC. Now she'll get a DR which makes this (unfortunately) easier but I suppose more reliable, and the new WoF looks like it's going to spread itself to other enemies, so hopefully we'll still have something that works similarly to an aura effect.

I too would like an augment that just swaps new WoF for current WoF. I know that's not how augs are supposed to work, but it'd be nice if an exception was here.