Troll_Logic

Can we just stop with the "trash rivens?" Does anyone ever fall for that?

On 2019-10-05 at 3:37 AM, Troll_Logic said:

Does anyone think "I want a riven of the hot new weapon.  I know people are offering 600p for anything.  I know what I'll do.  I'll offer to pay 50p for a 'trash riven' that has terrible stats.  That riven is worthless with those stats."

Does it ever work?  

Yep. Trade chat is a huge joke, full of Jackals.
I feel sorry for people who do sell stuff for them for cheap af.
Unveiled rivens, "trash rivens" and even LF riven xx weapon with good stats, 50plat"

And if I tell these guys what is the official average of the sold items based on the json file they laugh.

I really hope that these people don't see any completed trades, only advertising constantly. They don't deserve the rivens and they don't deserve those rivens for such a low price, so they can reroll and sell for thousands of profit.

That's why I've been selling rivens to the Chinese. They sure ain't *@##$ing about the price since they know how valuable the stats are and how free market works.

1 hour ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

That's why I've been selling rivens to the Chinese. They sure ain't *@##$ing about the price since they know how valuable the stats are and how free market works.

Lol what do you mean selling to the chinese? On some website or something? Weird. 😄

I don't use Rivens, I don't buy Rivens, I don't even re-roll Rivens.

Rivens do nothing to improve my enjoyment of the game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3rdpig said:

They nerved the Fulmin? Why? Was it really that powerful?

IMO in SEMI mode ... To pair it with MODs like Amalgam Serration (or just Serration), Vital Sense, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Stormbringer (that increases that innate Element of the weapon itself) + 2 any Elemental MODs (which varies upon enemy you may like to use it at mission), spikes at 100k+ - 200k+ (yellow/red)  in an uncertain circumstance real hard before nerf period though... I just seldom see it spike at 100k+ now...

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

Lol what do you mean selling to the chinese? On some website or something? Weird. 😄

Change your client language to chinese and voila, you're in another world. 

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

13 hours ago, Hekkatos said:

what a load of bull. it's entirely relevant. plat has no real world value to me as I don't pay for it. I didn't spend money on it, I can't cash it out. If I personally bought $200 worth of plat specifically to buy it then yes, I would be blowing it, but since I didn't I'm not.

The point is that it's still $200 "worth" of goods. Whether you personally paid for it is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is that $200 of (something) was exchanged for that. You can't turn plat back into cash, but getting that much plat required an expenditure of $200 somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

21 hours ago, bibmobello said:

OK but do you really think a game can be totally free? Someone has to pay something to pay, developers, graphics, managers...

For an obvious reason, hell it doesn't... its where your riven shines, to be bought by somebody's real-world money purchased plat right there...

I know this doesnt help the new player much but I just /ignore all the "wtb [insert meta weapons] rivens 50/100/150 plat!" not worth my time and I wont be trading with them to begin with honestly. I've bought plat specifically to purchase a couple rivens. I've also fallen victim to getting ripped off. it is what it is I reckon, I learned if someone is very enthusiastic about buying something from you for cheap, the least you can do is check semlar.com real quick. go to the "prices" section, look up your weapon(s) , it will give you the average trading value for that weapon over a period of time. make informed decisions on what you're selling. if I end up in a trade with a noob, I'll price check his stuff for him, on semlar, folren's discord bot, and compare to current auctions on warframe.market, and tell him how to access these resources as well. I'm sitting at 119/120 rubens atm. most are pretty decent I guess... but I wont be advertising in trade chat to sell em. time is money and if im playing a game, I want to relax and PLAY THE GAME. I dont have time for the copy+paste wizards spamming the cancer that is trade chat. to each their own though..

• Applause 1

13 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

The point is that it's still $200 "worth" of goods. Whether you personally paid for it is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is that $200 of (something) was exchanged for that. You can't turn plat back into cash, but getting that much plat required an expenditure of $200 somewhere.

it is completely relevant where the plat came from because I am the one acquiring and spending it. the moment it has been traded it loses whatever worth it had. stop trying to equate it to real money, it isn't, it's a commodity. the "worth" is entirely dependant on personal perception and investment. I invested nothing, it is worth nothing.

• Upvote 1

On 2019-10-04 at 6:37 PM, Troll_Logic said:

Does anyone think "I want a riven of the hot new weapon.  I know people are offering 600p for anything.  I know what I'll do.  I'll offer to pay 50p for a 'trash riven' that has terrible stats.  That riven is worthless with those stats."

Does it ever work?  

yeah it does. Someone asked for anyone to buy their baza riven for 75 that had a decent roll already, I bought it.