Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Acrid Still Viable?

GhostWOlf995

Question

hy all.. I dodnt played this game for 2-3 months. Now i started playing again.. My friend and my want to go high wave on def or 1h + on sirvival.. We need good weapons for that.. We have ogris,i think its still amazing(lett me know if there is better choice)` and acrid.. For acrid I dont know how its holding. Is it still the best weappn ingame? Is there any better choice? Thx

Sry for english

20 answers to this question

hy all.. I dodnt played this game for 2-3 months. Now i started playing again.. My friend and my want to go high wave on def or 1h + on sirvival.. We need good weapons for that.. We have ogris,i think its still amazing(lett me know if there is better choice)` and acrid.. For acrid I dont know how its holding. Is it still the best weappn ingame? Is there any better choice? Thx

Sry for english

As far as I know, Synapse is only limited in that it deals electric damage so it falls behind Soma by a little bit.

I haven't tried it myself.  I'll know in the next day when my Synapse is finished cooking.

hm ok. I thought the DPS was higher than the acrid, but I could be wrong. Acrid is still gonna come out on top either way probably because of it's armor ignore.

so is soma and synapse better than ogris/acrid..

eh, hard to compare soma/synapse to the ogris. Ogris is still good, soma is pretty good, haven't used the synapse, but it sounds ok (like a flux rifle with slightly more focus on crits, and no serrated blade damage) but acrid is still the best I think. Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Hm, thought the synapse out damaged it in raw DPS (or the soma)

It doesn't unmodded (not even close), and once you mod them you need to consider that Acrid is a secondary and both of those are primaries, so Acrid would be coming out ahead there. Still, I'm not sure how much the modded crit rate would make up for that. Either way, what you said later is correct, in that Acrid's damage type means it's superior anyways.

It doesn't unmodded (not even close), and once you mod them you need to consider that Acrid is a secondary and both of those are primaries, so Acrid would be coming out ahead there. Still, I'm not sure how much the modded crit rate would make up for that. Either way, what you said later is correct, in that Acrid's damage type means it's superior anyways.

yeah, unmodded no contest, but with mods it can get 100% crit (but the crit chance is capped at like 87.5% or something), and has 200% base crit (I think), so with mods it can be fairly damaging.

Synapse and Soma don't even come close. Once armor starts hitting you, that bullet and electric damage is going to take a dump. Acrid converts all elemental damage to poison for it DoT.

Quick calculations using the amazing DPS calculator yields:

Acrid - 20k DPS (includes DoTs from elementals)

Soma - 9k DPS

Its not that Soma/Synapse are bad, its just that Acrid is so far and away better than any other weapon in the game.

Acrid unfortunately is terrible against Lephantis, cause it does no dot damage to him. I'm sure it's not just a visual bug cause the heads take forever to die as well when using Acrid.

I think Acrid normally does 25 damage + 4 dots of 18 each so 97 damage. No dot on Lephantis means like close to 75% of Acrids damage is missing.

Acrid unfortunately is terrible against Lephantis, cause it does no dot damage to him. I'm sure it's not just a visual bug cause the heads take forever to die as well when using Acrid.

I think Acrid normally does 25 damage + 4 dots of 18 each so 97 damage. No dot on Lephantis means like close to 75% of Acrids damage is missing.

The DoT is dealt to the torso on all enemies.. and, well, Lephantis' torso is invincible.