Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vampire cat? I wonder who came up with that idea

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

While i'm all for another kavat type, Rebb's obsession with vampires is ridiculous 

I wonder what it's 2 precepts are...must be some generic lifesteal mod and whatever vampires do these days 

Whatever it is, animal companions need some Ai fixes, they're still too buggy

Limit their instructions so they act more like sentinels than buggy Ai

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Think you’ll find they have exactly the same AI, and besides Kubrows can’t give you the Smeeta buffs. Hardly worth the trade off.

Sahasha is more efficient with it's dig ability

You want energy? There take 75 energy and credits

You want ammo? There take the specific ammo you need and also credits

You want all 3? TAKE THEM ALL

Just now, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Sahasha is more efficient with it's dig ability

You want energy? There take 75 energy and credits

You want ammo? There take the specific ammo you need and also credits

You want all 3? TAKE THEM ALL

Ill take guaranteed orange crits, thanks.

• Like 3

Whatever dumb their AI is, I just love kavats. Can't wait for the new one!

11 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I wonder what it's 2 precepts are...must be some generic lifesteal mod and whatever vampires do these days 

Maybe it comes with its own built-in Sparkling Body ephemera 😛

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Typo

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

While i'm all for another kavat type, Rebb's obsession with vampires is ridiculous 

Luring enemy while they glow like discoball (only work under the sun)

1 hour ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

The issue here is if you take them into combat they actually behave like decorations, constantly on the ground bleeding out.. I had to abort a fissure after 5 minutes because I had to pick up my cat like 20 times in 5 minutes even though I had link mods plus vitality, even redirection..

What kind of build are you using? I like taking my Smeeta with me to Arbitrations, survives pretty well on her own until the end of the mission. (Note that I usually don't stay stay longer than 30 minutes and it took a buttload of forma too.)

46 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

More like what frame are you using?

Well not only facetanks, usually Oberon or Khora for Arbitration, but a few times I brought Nova along and the kavat survived with her too.

Edit: sure, not immortal, but rarely dies.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

Maybe somebody was typing up a powerpoint in a rush and was going to propose a Vampire Bat pet that would behave like sentinels but made a typo and didn't notice until they were presenting at a meeting and decided to roll with it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Whatever it is, animal companions need some Ai fixes, they're still too buggy

Limit their instructions so they act more like sentinels than buggy Ai

Go watch the devstream again it wasn't Rebecca's idea. And what's your problem with Vampires? 

2 hours ago, Sibernetika said:

Go watch the devstream again it wasn't Rebecca's idea. And what's your problem with Vampires? 

"Vampires" as an concept is very dull and boring, it's overused and its incredibly cliche. Same goes for "Zombies" (Lets put Zombies in evey game).

All in for Kavat and I do love the Bat-Kat Corssbreed, but the powers are legit gonna be a life-steal and what ever other power and more then likely it's gonna have insane damage like the Infested Doggy. So one single Kavat that's better then them all.

Also, I see no use for new pets, when we have the crappy system in-pace for AIs and the whole freeze your pets thing, IIRC They said they where going to remove that system, cuz it's a pain the butt do use. Unfreeze a single pet, switch to frame. Freeze pet, un-freeze another pet, switch frame.

It's why Robotic pets are so much more Superior, no need for freezing, can be added to any frame at any time and has much stronger powers (vacuum) and easy to manage.  

Pets on the other hand, can be revived yes and do insane damage (like the Crit Kitty) and tanking Kurbrows, but what you gonna pick?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

probably something like this (which I've made up on the spot)

First Precept: the Kavat attacks and holds an enemy for a couple of seconds, then returns to you, healing you based on the amount of damage dealt. can also use the health for itself if the Warframe's health is full.

Second Precept: some other kind of health based power. I think considering how squishy companions can be at higher levels, and the Immortal nature of Vampires, the Kavat would befit from a version of Regen, like what Sentinels have, but when active, it triggers a very fast health regen for the player as well.

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

has much stronger powers (vacuum)

you know that it's not a real argument right? Animals also have their own vacuum mod, Fetch, that have greater range.

( on the other hand, these little S#&$stain are just a mess to keep alive, even with the best mods, when you don't use HP only frames. )

Also, i don't think heir powers will be life steal or so. maybe as a passive, they'll drain life of enemies, for themselves ( better be... but not as a mod... ) but we already have generic mod for pets that does the same. it would be redundant to an extreme, and i think DE knows that. it has to be something else.

Edited by mikakor