Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vampire cat? I wonder who came up with that idea

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I still really feel Pets need some extra stuff aside from a new breed every so often. It's nice to have but no one really uses them because most of their schticks suck and their survivability is awful.

They struggle a lot with Mod space, so giving them their own weapons would help. Getting an Exilus Slot as well would be pretty cool too, but that'd imply them being good enough to want to invest that much into them.

DE just really needs to sit down and decide what to do with them.

4 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

"Vampires" as an concept is very dull and boring, it's overused and its incredibly cliche. Same goes for "Zombies" (Lets put Zombies in evey game).

That is a very broad generalization. When did vampires become overused or cliche? We have 3 very cliche vamp incidents i.e the Twilight Saga. Aside from that I cant recall the overuse or cliche of vampires anywhere really.

Blade and Morbius along with several other vamp themed Marvel characters = unique.

Priest, Daybreakers, Stakeland 1+2, 30 Days of Night 1 and a few others are fairly original vamp movies. 

Vampire the Masquerade, both the pen and paper rpg, the video game and the TCG version that used to be called Jihad had fairly unique and original vamp and werewolf stories. This also led to a TV-series and later on spawned what turned into the Underworld movies.

The Strain TV-series, very unique take on vampires. 

Sure there are some that may be a bit too cliche and gimmicky, like the Vampire Diaries and other teeny interpretations. I would however not call the whole genre overused or cliche.

I do agree on zombies though, they are a bit overrepresented these days. It was enough with TWD and FTWD along with games such as DayZ (mod and SA) and 7DTD.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I still really feel Pets need some extra stuff aside from a new breed every so often. It's nice to have but no one really uses them because most of their schticks suck and their survivability is awful.

They struggle a lot with Mod space, so giving them their own weapons would help. Getting an Exilus Slot as well would be pretty cool too, but that'd imply them being good enough to want to invest that much into them.

DE just really needs to sit down and decide what to do with them.

Just give up on your pets ever being able to deal damage and you save 4-5 mods.

Also, use pack leader.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

2 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

It better not start bleeding out until stuck with a wooden stake.  Tired of how stupid they are and dying for no reason.

Take attack mods off and use pack leader to heal them with melee.

Animals don’t ever really deal decent damage, removing their attack mods improvers their AI.

10 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Well I can't do more than slap all survivability mods on her, so..

All you really need is link health, link armor and pack leader. That’s only 3 mods and after that, you companion is easy as hell to keep alive.

They virtually can’t die if you’re meleeing something.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

All you really need is link health, link armor and pack leader. That’s only 3 mods and after that, you companion is easy as hell to keep alive.

Link mods only works on certain frames. if you use link mods with a squishy frame like loki for example, it won't make a difference.

8 hours ago, mikakor said:

you know that it's not a real argument right? Animals also have their own vacuum mod, Fetch, that have greater range.

Oh, I forgot. lol!

8 hours ago, mikakor said:

( on the other hand, these little S#&$stain are just a mess to keep alive, even with the best mods, when you don't use HP only frames. )

Also, i don't think heir powers will be life steal or so. maybe as a passive, they'll drain life of enemies, for themselves ( better be... but not as a mod... ) but we already have generic mod for pets that does the same. it would be redundant to an extreme, and i think DE knows that. it has to be something else.

Ture

So overall before even thinking about just slapping another useless (and hard to get/gimmicky) type of pet, they should rework (or alteat tweak) the pets. There are plenty of simple ways to do it and I think, given what I've seen there are 3 simple requests. I can show you what I'll do to make pets better if you'll like me to. Tho I'm more into what others think as well. 

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That is a very broad generalization. When did vampires become overused or cliche? We have 3 very cliche vamp incidents i.e the Twilight Saga. Aside from that I cant recall the overuse or cliche of vampires anywhere really.

Blade and Morbius along with several other vamp themed Marvel characters = unique.

Priest, Daybreakers, Stakeland 1+2, 30 Days of Night 1 and a few others are fairly original vamp movies. 

Vampire the Masquerade, both the pen and paper rpg, the video game and the TCG version that used to be called Jihad had fairly unique and original vamp and werewolf stories. This also led to a TV-series and later on spawned what turned into the Underworld movies.

The Strain TV-series, very unique take on vampires. 

Sure there are some that may be a bit too cliche and gimmicky, like the Vampire Diaries and other teeny interpretations. I would however not call the whole genre overused or cliche.

I do agree on zombies though, they are a bit overrepresented these days. It was enough with TWD and FTWD along with games such as DayZ (mod and SA) and 7DTD.

All Ture, but myself I have no issues on Vampires (all depends on how they are said), but likewise, alteast where I'm from Vampires are so overused or cliche

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Absolutely no reason to be relying on your pet to heal you.

Never said I was relying on it, but I like having healing options for me and my pets, so using them as a heal-slave works out quite well. My favorite Warframe is Atlas, so not only are my pets becoming decently tough, they're helping me be a better tank and allowing me to make better use of my Passive, while I buff their damage by 50%, the list goes on. I've never found their set Mods to be too interesting or useful (Helminths is okay for CC, Kubrows takes too long and Kavats is overly niche), so I run the most appealing option they have aside from abusing their Precepts.

However, because I'm literally slotting in two damage Mods, and the rest are to keep the damn thing alive, I don't have much space, and neither does anyone else. Even if I skipped healing altogether that saves me three Mod slots, maybe five if I'm running Sunika (though if I'm skipping damage anyway then that's not part of the equation).

The thing is, aside from the healing they offer, pets and their Mods suck. You're forced to use most of your Mod space on their survivability, which is annoying when you only have eight slots and the only way to make their damage relevant is to use the Elemental Mods you can't add because you have no space. Giving pets their own weapons frees up slots so they can deal damage without the need to limit your build, and like Sentinels, could let you turn off their aggro A.I and just let you keep them around for the utility. Exilus Slots could also be added because why not.

Just telling me to forego a style of Modding I prefer because it's useless in the grand scheme is understandable, but that doesn't mean we should just leave it at that. I'd actually like some variety in my Modding table at some point, and considering pets are one of the few options we have to Mod something differently outside of raw damage or utility, I'd like DE to give them more freedom so they're not just walking Passive buffs.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Am 5.10.2019 um 11:30 schrieb (PS4)Viveeeh:

Maybe it comes with its own built-in Sparkling Body ephemera 😛

No matter how dramatic the situation is, they are able to stare emotionless at a point offscreen. Oh and their kitten names are horrible 😀

Edited by Sahansral

I am guessing some sort of enthrall ability like revenant and invisibility ability like the huras kubrow. (it was invisible when shown on stream, you would imagine people would guess that first). 

Lifesteal would be innate and not a precept according to me. 

But the issue with pets is their AI, I love my little fur all, but when it stops to smell at a mine or hazard and is downed I do think "why are you so stupid, you want to avoid things that damage you, not sleep on them" 

So I had made a suggestion for actual customizing of precepts into conditional commands (like the gambit system in FF XII) 

Eg: 

If "player" is "more than 20m away" then "get within 20m"

If "player " is" at 50% health" then "attack enemy" 

If "hazard" then "stay the #*!% out of the hazard zone" 

If "self" is "at 50% health" then "go passive" 

If "enemy" is "unalerted" then "don't attack" 

If "enemy" is " class heavy" use "sharpened claws" 

I don't mind if I need to train them through Master teasonai or the business (via plat or specific standing based unlocks) that would actually be interesting. 

Acquiring these precepts could be something we could add as actual mechanics and I would use (could also double for specters I am sure) to make the pet system more wholesome. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Forgot stuff
  • Like 1

On 2019-10-05 at 3:13 AM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Whatever it is, animal companions need some Ai fixes, they're still too buggy

I have been saying for a LONG time now...

Companions need some sort of tactics system. Think FFXII Gambits or Dragon Age Tactics (this was in all 3 games).

They could just add a console near the spot Robotic Companions hang out, and we could call it... I dunno, Training, Programming, whatever.

This would allow our Companions to be more useful, while also opening up room for much more interesting design in what they're capable of.

18 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So I had made a suggestion for actual customizing of precepts into conditional commands (like the gambit system in FF XII) 

Eg: 

I don't mind if I need to train them through Master teasonai or the business (via plat or specific standing based unlocks) that would actually be interesting. 

Acquiring these precepts could be something we could add as actual mechanics and I would use (could also double for specters I am sure) to make the pet system more wholesome. 

Exactly! I've been asking for it for SO long now.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Well they said years ago they planned to add another Kavat race so here it is! Why vampire themed? well it's the spooky month so perhaps they decided the theme with the release timing. I wonder if it comes with more tail options, the one that was shown in devstream wasn't nice.

Also, personally, I'm not interested in new kavat or kubrow breeds. And as much as I want to see robotic Hyena companions, or new beast-type Bolarola...

What I want them to do is go through all the current, existing breeds/models and redesign each one to actually be useful.

Most people stick with Smeeta, for example. Adarza just isn't as desired. That's a problem.

And kubrow? I'm pretty sure most people don't bother with kubrow.

When it comes to sentinels... that new one from Fortuna? It's useless, completely. Most people just stick with Helios or Carrier anyways.

Aside: I am personally amused by this because I named my kavats Ghoul and Geist, so... this turned out interesting.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Somedoby made a topic about 5 year old kid idea to make vampire kavats and you guys ignoring this retarded childish idea mocking started smth about pet rework and stuff. Please agree that vampire kavat looks like drunk addict fox meme and stop making up bullsht rework on mostly used companions. You can revive them not like sentinels u dont even need links with medkit mod you got like half an hour to do so. Fetch is ultracosmicvacuum aura that works better than any sentinel by 2 meters and this pet gives crits  gmtotally removes armor works better than nekros and hydroid. Also go get mod booster ok and think what can we make vampire next until halloween

28 minutes ago, CuBtheAntagonist said:

Somedoby made a topic about 5 year old kid idea to make vampire kavats and you guys ignoring this retarded childish idea mocking started smth about pet rework and stuff. Please agree that vampire kavat looks like drunk addict fox meme and stop making up bullsht rework on mostly used companions. You can revive them not like sentinels u dont even need links with medkit mod you got like half an hour to do so. Fetch is ultracosmicvacuum aura that works better than any sentinel by 2 meters and this pet gives crits  gmtotally removes armor works better than nekros and hydroid. Also go get mod booster ok and think what can we make vampire next until halloween

Have you tried getting mad?

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Oh this would be awesome!

To tell the truth, as a start, I'd be happy if my pet made a sound when it's wounded (like taking damage to a warframe's health has a specific sound too), so I don't have to watch their stats all the time to see if they need healing.