The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frame concept shadow frame

Lyzel

Passive: Like limbo in a way your frame can fall in and out of his shadow and be unnoticed to enemy’s and can move around.
A shadow frame: Ability 1- disappear into its shadow and run under enemy’s  or on the floors and the walls.
Ability 2- flickers the lights really fast, stuns and does damage to enemy’s.

Ability 3- makes enemy’s shoot each other’s shadows (Shoot each other)

Similar to limbo Ability 4- a wide range ability like a shadow realm that darkens the map and blinds enemy’s and gives teammates vision/infrared. Can edit ability’s those seem cool. 

• Like 1

Okay for starters the post is kind of a jumbled mess. Might want to organize it a little more. 

But my suggestions to the abilities:

passive: standing in shaded areas grants invisibility. 

First Ability: hops into an enemy’s shadow(or becomes one) and drains enemies health unnoticed. Have to look at an enemy to activate. Flying enemies may be an exception.

Second Ability: becomes a shadow on the ground or walls and gains increased movement speed and invulnerability. Similar animation to Hydroids undertow except becomes like a black fog on the floor or walls. 

Third Ability: area around the frame becomes dark/darker and reduces enemy accuracy. Enemies that are caught inside the radius are vulnerable to finishers/true damage. Can even affect Mirage’s Eclipse. 

Forth Ability: creates a shadow that the frame stabs and all shaded areas nearby have a shadowy blade/spike shoot out and pierces anybody in range. Including enemy shadows. May require an effect like all enemies nearby will have a more noticeable shadow appear underneath them where the shadow spike hits them. Inflicts true damage and unalerted enemies are executed. 

The abilities I chose are to make this frame a very good survivalist and a stealthy executioner. Basically when the job needs to be executed quietly, this frame would be the go to. Also the abilities would synergies more with each other as well.  

Alternatives Abilities:

Being able to create shadowy clones of the enemies that distracts them. Bullets that passes right through the shadow clones would inflict damage to other enemies that are hit. Or the clones are linked to the enemies so when they shoot them they actually hurt themselves. 

Appearance: kind of picturing a more sickly version of Wisp in a way. Like being very thin compared to most frames. More... anorexic when it comes to overall shape. Has its own style of floating. It would have like a sort of dress or cloak, similar design to Night Equinox mixed with a little Wisp. Would draw it but I’m not super good at drawing and kind of got my own I’m currently working on. But basically picture wisp with more of Equinox Prime lower dress, Nekros’s boney details with more of Inaros’s agile stance. Was thinking of it being a female since the last one and next one are males. 

Health: 250

Shield: 250

Armor: 100

Speed: 1.1

Energy: 240

Roughly the stats. I’m not very good but this frame would have stats similar to Loki. Mainly to fit the appearance. 

Name: kind of thinking of Exspiravit. Which is Latin for Ghost. Umbra means shadow so we kind of can’t use it. Unless we want to call it something like Mortumbra which is a combination of Mortem which means death and Umbra which means Shadow.

Names are tricky and usually based on real Latin words. 

But these are just my suggestions. Use them however you please. Good luck. 👍🏻 

14 minutes ago, Lyzel said:

Thanks for the advice and feedback appreciate it you really brought life to my jumbled idea.

Well I do feel like the more people actually discuss the idea, the more it can be improved. Which is why I tend to offer some suggestions and advice to other people’s ideas in order to help them evolve and maybe become official. Artwork definitely helps in many ways. And DE does pay attention more than what some people believe. 

I’m still working on my Volcanic frame concept Perses. Trying to figure out some ways to really get the details down not just on the frame but also how DE would introduce it into the game. 

And now you got me picturing a sort of ghost floating around. Kind of picturing Excalibur holding his exalted blade out in front of him with the shadowy ghost frame surrounding them in darkness. Would be a pain if DE made us have to face it. Bring on the mirage and umbra. Lol