Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To no one's surprise - buffing bows did not make them more viable

No_Quarter

6 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Even compared to Hind?

I said "I might slot for my primary".  I would not slot the hind.  It's Mr fodder, rank it and closet.

The few things I might slot are kohm (main) exergis, Tigris p, ignis w, zhuge p (for a bow only sortie), and some other op stuff... but even then, primaries have been kind of meh for the last year or so with melee being much more powerful, but that is likely to change with massive nerfs to everything that males melee worth using in the next patch.

What is your definition of viable?

I've seen plenty of people use bows to take down eidolons since their buff. I've seen people doing the most damage using regular bows, not even a Lenz, in regular missions.

So yes, they are viable. They work if you know how to use them.

Are they the best? Probably not. But "best" and "viable" are not the same thing.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NigglesAU said:

Used to love bows til i worked out they are all but useless during infested or missions when hordes of enemies appear. I guess thats why you prepare proper loadouts before you go into missions....

A Sensible option is to always have a sidearm or primary that is the opposite of what the other is ~ Slow primary is paired with a fast secondary 

14 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

A Sensible option is to always have a sidearm or primary that is the opposite of what the other is ~ Slow primary is paired with a fast secondary 

I personally use a short-range primary (sanctigris/corinth/possibly exergis) and a long-range secondary (either aklex prime or arca scisco)... neither of which are particularly fast. If I do get swarmed, it's melee (lesion/tonbo) time.

Warframe has become a horde shooter. Even if bows are doing insane damage with the right mods they are lacking in clear speed hence why they are overall unpopular.

If you want bows to be more viable but damage is not the right answer then they need mods that add more utility, here is one example :

( Bows only ) Chain : On hit, the arrow seek and pierce up to x nearby enemies. You can add a script to the mod so that if there is only one enemy, the arrow will pierce and damage the same enemy until the arrow used all his Punch Through.

This is how i would make bows more viable.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Silenceform said:

( Bows only ) Chain : On hit, the arrow seek and pierce up to x nearby enemies. You can add a script to the mod so that if there is only one enemy, the arrow will pierce and damage the same enemy until the arrow used all his Punch Through.

Just in case you didn't know, but all Bows already do a form of this.  All enemies in the flight path line get taken out.  This can be use to great effect at entrances, hallways, and corridors.  

20 часов назад, (PS4)Silenceform сказал:

Warframe has become a horde shooter. Even if bows are doing insane damage with the right mods they are lacking in clear speed hence why they are overall unpopular.

If you want bows to be more viable but damage is not the right answer then they need mods that add more utility, here is one example :

This is how i would make bows more viable.

Dude I know aiming on concoles sucks, not an excuse to turn arrows into magic arrows.

1 hour ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Dude I know aiming on concoles sucks, not an excuse to turn arrows into magic arrows.

I use a controller on PC and I don't have any problems with aiming (with bows no less).  So, I don't view using controllers to aim as a valid excuse at all. Jut my two cents on the matter.  😄  

Edited by DatDarkOne

Bows have a lot of flaws : charge, slow projectile speed, in a horde shooter with "fast moving" bosses these tools are not practical unless you slow NPCs (or paralyse), and they deal high damage per shot which seems to be made to defeat boss or semi-boss, but many eximus have those "bubbles"

I still think that in warframe bows (not repeating crossbows) should have a special buff against ennemies protected by bubbles. Whether they explode the bubble in one hit, or they punch through and hit the mob.

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't want to have Ivara's Navigator as a mod for all bows even if what i proposed in my OP looks like it. I should have been clearer with my idea, my bad.

The arrow have a very limited range within where it can seek nearby enemies, like 5 meters max not 40 meters that would be too good, i don't want arrows to seek enemies from far away as they continue to fly. The idea was to increase the clearspeed of bows by killing enemies in a small radius. Thunderbolt exist but this mod is completely garbage.

This has nothing to do with the lack of aiming, it's just that it's too slow to kill a horde of enemies coming at you with bows in Warframe except for the Lenz but the Lenz has two big downsides: self damage and a very limited ammo pool.

Bow's only benefit is that they are silent but other weapon classes have acces to mods that can remove noise so in the end bows have little to offer. DE buffed bows a few months back i appreciate it, but they need to give more than just damage to bows in order for them to shine. Unfortunately i don't think this is the priority of DE for now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Has any of you seen the new mod "Split Flights"? That looks like a big boost to bows.

Yeah, that looks pretty nice  especially for artemis and cernos.

But i'm worrying about it to be nightwave exclusive baro exclusive or extreme rare drop for arbitration or whatever, and i think "fix" shouldn't be that hard to get.