Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Exilus Slots will be almost impossible to take advantage of on crit pistols. Cold mods should no longer be a D polarity or we need a "all polarities" forma..

owendawgx

Basically, there's not enough mod capacity for weapon exilus mods. If I'm running Primed Crit mods x2, Primed heated charge, along with 2 other elements/other staple mods, it'll be near impossible to make full use of the exilus slot.

Because 90% cold mods are D polarity, I cant forma in multiple dashes just for my elements if I ever plan on going against unarmored grinder (for viral), or if something possesses me to use blast or magnetic damage.

We shouldn't have to sacrifice multiple forma, a huge amount of time, whatever it takes to farm this new item AND our build diversity just to run ammo mutation or a hush mod. Primed ammo mutation might actually be impossible to run without forma'ing in a dash, preventing me from using cold mods, which is silly. If exilus mods are made for the most optimized of builds, then we should be able to use them alongside all our huge cost prime mods without worrying about completely blocking build paths we might need for certain factions. 

This has started to become more and more of an issue with how many primed mods we have. Don't punish me for ranking up these primed mods by saying I can't then use an optimized build because if I do I'll totally block off another build. 

God forbid we had any limitations in the modding system to promote smart usage of what limited resources there are.

If you want to be able to slot in those clod mods, just build another copy of the weapon, and have a "D" polarity on it.

inb4 "But I would have to forma it again"

Yes, welcome to minmaxing, it requires effort and time.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

God forbid we had any limitations in the modding system to promote smart usage of what limited resources there are.

But that is already the case. What OP is basically saying is, that you can only use 8 mods in your crit weapon and don't have space for a ninth (due to capacity), which in essence is already the case, because you can already only use 8 different mods on your weapon (due to modslots). It would not change anything.

• Like 1

I can already see exilus mods on weapons being pretty pointless on the weapons we'd actually want to use them on.... I've already got some weapons with 7 forma on due to needing them for capacity reasons... in fact my first thoughts during devstream was they better increase the capacity if they're adding in another mod slot then.

Exilus mods are fine on warframes and melee because they gain up to 16 capacity over the base 60 but primary, secondary weapons and exalted melee don't get this bonus capacity.  It's even more of an issue due to the amount of mods that now need a larger capacity to fit in the first place.   Throw in the one elemental mod (cold) that for some reason uses a different polarity and it may turn into a situation where we're even more limited in the build on that weapon.... it wouldn't be so bad if we had a universal forma, not just a universal aura forma, but we don't.

When you think about what's likely to be an 'exilus mod' on primary and secondary it's more than likely going to end up being utility so things like making them quieter, faster reloads etc or even peculiar mods and lets be honest we're not going to give up capacity for that in most cases. 

Wow, people are using cold mods.

il y a 9 minutes, kyori a dit :

I don't think DE is stupid enough not to rise the capacity accordingly when an additional mod slot is introduced.

That's not stupidity, and they already did this kind of change without adding more capacity.
Before Umbral forma exist, some build including the Umbral mods were impossible to achieve to the lack of capacity. Also, before Forma exist, you were stuck with the polarity of your warframe/weapon with no way to increase the mod capacity, which is the only good thing prime stuff had (as long as almost invisible stat buffs).

For me, it feels more that some kind of balance in the modding system that is not exploited enough in the game.

1 hour ago, K4RN4 said:

But that is already the case. What OP is basically saying is, that you can only use 8 mods in your crit weapon and don't have space for a ninth (due to capacity), which in essence is already the case, because you can already only use 8 different mods on your weapon (due to modslots). It would not change anything.

What OP is saying is how he doesn't have the actual points. Not slots. Which again, good because going huge crit on secondaries is extremely effective so you should have to at least vaguely sacrifice something even if that sacrifice is staying exactly the same as we've always been.

Using cheaper and slightly less effective builds should now allow you to slot in a nice bit of extra utility and comfort you otherwise couldn't have before because those mods are a huge opportunity cost if you replace anything with them.

Edited by Annnoth

5 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

DE didn't mention anything on capacity in the devstream?

Even using 8 formas, there's barely any capacity left when you use primed mods/rivens/other high-capacity mods.

You could just not use those high capacity mods.

Or, and hear me out, you could just not use an exilus adapter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Psst. Guys. There are Catalysts in the game. The cost is only 20 platinum...

*runs away*

heY GeT BaCk HErE !11!!!11!!!

Even with a catalyst, it won't fit on certain configurations. To be honest, the exilus slot addition is pointless in my opinion.

3 часа назад, DrivaMain сказал:

Even with a catalyst, it won't fit on certain configurations. To be honest, the exilus slot addition is pointless in my opinion.

Guess they've listened to the other opinion.

Now I sorta impressed how you guys stick riven, metal augur, serration, heavy caliber, primed bane, primed fast hands and primed ice ammo in every gun.

Jokes aside, gunsilus slot was been a great idea since most of the guns won't have enough slots to fit utility mods in due to mandatory serrations and split chambers.

On 2019-10-05 at 11:20 AM, LSG501 said:

Exilus mods are fine on warframes and melee because they gain up to 16 capacity over the base 60 but primary, secondary weapons and exalted melee don't get this bonus capacity.

Exilus mods only exist on warframes and they do not add mod capacity.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

He's saying exilus works well on frames because of the bonus capacity they get from aura; and -would- work on melee because of the bonus capacity received from stances.

Primaries and secondaries don't have an equivalent.

Polarities are such a mess and need some serious overhaul. Vazarin polarities on weapons are used by next to no mods. Some pets still have naramon polarities but only one mod is using such polarity etc.

Seriously, if only one or two mods are using a single polarity, they'd better remove it entirely.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

really... you need me to explain that post.... I never even said that the exilus slots were the reason they gained extra capacity.

Really we do need an all forma. I don't care if its extremely rare there are too many weapons that building them the "right way" means you can't shift them around for fun. Either that or remove the penalty for misalignment. I respect the meaning of the word polarity... but when your choices is using technicalities to defend a frustrating mechanic or letting people have fun, choose fun every time. It's bad business not to. 

That or just remove D once and for all.