Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aseliot

Idea: Combine Warframes

Recommended Posts

So this is just an idea that I had that i want to throw out there.
Pretty sure it has been proposed before in one way or another, but maybe not exactly like this.

So this is just an idea, and I am not sure about balancing some things so suggestions would be welcome.
I am also aware that people could completely be against something like this, but once again it's just an idea for fun.

Combine either 2 or 4 Warframes with one another.

Looks

You can select the outcome of your look yourself.
Configurable options are.

  • Head
  • Chest
  • Arms
  • Legs

So upon combining frames you can select what it's parts would look like, based on the frames being combined.

Abilities

Abilities will not be combined, but you can select abilities from each frame yourself.

  • When combining 2 frames you need to select at least 2 abilities from each.
  • When combining 4 frames you can only select 1 ability from each frame.

To limit this from being too overpowered abilities from combined frames could be 33-15% weaker (maybe random roll? rerollable?) than their originals
Maybe warframe abilities could have some sort of disposition like riven mods for combining.

I am not sure about abilities that are codependent upon each other, or are designed to be used together, maybe these can only be picked in pairs.

Stats / Passive

The health / shield / energy / armor / sprint speed of the combined warframe will be the average of all frames combined.

Passive can be selected by yourself, not sure what to do here with gimmicky passives that are codependent with abilities.

Polarities

All polarities on a combined warframe will be removed, it will have no polarities by default.

Costs / Resources

To combine warframes you would off course need to build them first, the same goes for prime warframes.
So in order to combine prime warframes you would need to "sacrifice" them.

To combine a 2-4 warframe you would need:

  • Have this feature "unlocked", maybe through a quest / faction reputation / unlocking all nodes etc. or all of these.
  • 2-4 warframes
  • One "Link" item for each 2 warframes to be combined, crafted from rare resources. Requiring "a lot" of credits. (250,000?)
  • Crafting cost of the combined frame will be all original warframe crafting costs combined (and then maybe even doubled?)

Limitations

Maybe lore wise some frames cannot be combined, for example Excalibur Umbra.

Example

You would think "but hey, with this combination thing I could just combine Hildryn and Inaros and have a super tank build".
But with my limitations in place it will play out of little differently.

At max your "Inadryn / Hildranos" will (at max) only have:

  • 1337 health
  • 787 shield
  • 250 armor
  • 75 energy
  • 1.0 sprint speed
  • no polarities

Because when combining we only take the average stats, so yes it will still be tanky as hell but not the full benefits.

Conclusion

In conclusion the idea seems quite doable to me, but I am not sure what you would use this for as i imagine warframes like these would, even with their limitations be a lot stronger and versatile than any other warframe.

I tried to "under power" them as much as possible, and make them as much of a hassle to build and use granted they would become too powerful.

Right now I am not sure what you would use this for, is there any end game content that you could even use this for?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Oh look a way to make literally every frame irrelevant.

A yes I knew things like this would be said, it is obviously meant as a sort of super endgame thing.

How is any frame relevant any way, this game lacks total direction as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aseliot said:

A yes I knew things like this would be said, it is obviously meant as a sort of super endgame thing.

How is any frame relevant any way, this game lacks total direction as it is.

Mesa is relevant for providing 360 degrees of death.

Saryn is relevant for being the best DPS/debuff frame.

Nidus is relevant for being the god lord of all trades.

Gauss is relevant for being fast.

any frame that can actually perform and isn’t Revenant is relevant.

Also you’re calling your idea “a super endgame sort of thing” when we don’t even have an endgame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doubt any sane dev's would do it.... how much work would need at this game state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sanzi said:

doubt any sane dev's would do it.... how much work would need at this game state.

Actually I imagine all you would need to do is seperate the meshes and skins into head,chest,arms,legs which might already be "done" anyway.

For the rest of it you just need to add some stats and crafting stuff, but once again I reiterate that this is just a "fun idea" It's not something super serious or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Aseliot said:

Actually I imagine all you would need to do is seperate the meshes and skins into head,chest,arms,legs which might already be "done" anyway.

Nope, if you think that this is possible and easy to do. Then it just shows how little you understand about game development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would lead into a very simple problem. Oh look Combo frame X Y and Z are the 3 top tier options, if you are not running one of these options in missions you are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ramflax said:

This would lead into a very simple problem. Oh look Combo frame X Y and Z are the 3 top tier options, if you are not running one of these options in missions you are wrong.

Sure, but is this not already the case? Like GearsMatrix already said Volt/Gauss are fast, Nidus is versatile, Inaros is a tank etc.

28 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

 

Nope, if you think that this is possible and easy to do. Then it just shows how little you understand about game development.

It is certainly possible. But i am not sure why you would want to discuss the technical possibilities of a hypothetical idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The intention of the idea is not bad, it's a ton of work for an idea that will destroy the balance that is already quite bad in warframe.

First, as Rekkou mentionned, it does requre a lot of work. It may look like you only need to put X power on Y frame, but if the game is not programmed for that much modularity, it's not easy and need a total revamp on how power works. while for the splitting the warframe body into separate piece, it's a lot for work too and some warframe design don't allow for this to be done is a good way.

But let's consider the power system works and new mesh are done for body parts (that can be assigned to the universal skeleton easily if they are done for that purpose), the system lack of balance and can easily make OP frames.

A few examples of OP things that cross my mind :

  • Saryn 1/3 + Trinity 2/4
  • Chroma 2/3 + Inaros 1/4
  •  Any 1 buff + Trinity 2 + Octavia 3 + Banshee 4

Probably more if you think a bit more. Even with reduced strength, merging different warframe powers can result in overpowered results.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

The intention of the idea is not bad, it's a ton of work for an idea that will destroy the balance that is already quite bad in warframe.

First, as Rekkou mentionned, it does requre a lot of work. It may look like you only need to put X power on Y frame, but if the game is not programmed for that much modularity, it's not easy and need a total revamp on how power works. while for the splitting the warframe body into separate piece, it's a lot for work too and some warframe design don't allow for this to be done is a good way.

But let's consider the power system works and new mesh are done for body parts (that can be assigned to the universal skeleton easily if they are done for that purpose), the system lack of balance and can easily make OP frames.

A few examples of OP things that cross my mind :

  • Saryn 1/3 + Trinity 2/4
  • Chroma 2/3 + Inaros 1/4
  •  Any 1 buff + Trinity 2 + Octavia 3 + Banshee 4

Probably more if you think a bit more. Even with reduced strength, merging different warframe powers can result in overpowered results.

 

Hey the first sort of constructive comment.
It for sure is a big what-if if the game is programmed and structured in such a way for this kind of modular approach, but we would always have to assume that it is otherwise it would leave the question why it isn't. There could be a good reason for it, or only reasons such as time constraints.

For the example's that you gave of OP frame combinations we could maybe solve this problem with the riven-like dispositions which I suggested, their negative effects could be amplified when combining certain abilities as the resulting values would be a sum of all abilities disposition or something like that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Aseliot said:

It is certainly possible. But i am not sure why you would want to discuss the technical possibilities of a hypothetical idea.

Because everything is possible if you did not take account the technical possibilities. At that point, it's no longer a hypothetical discussion, it's just humoring imagination. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes. The infamous ZawFrames. One of the worst ideas to ever grace the forums. Why? Well:

1. It would make running normal Warframes outright obsolete. Why run Trinity if my ZawFrame can have Energy Vampire, Renewal, Elude and Absorb?

2. It would be disturbingly broken. Aren't we powerful enough?

3. Everyone would pick and choose the best set up until only one if considered the best and is run almost exclusively. Hence why Catchmoon and Plague Kripath are basically the only modular weapons you see.

4. Warframes would lose individuality. They are characters, not mere weapons. They have personality and lore attached to them. This would ruin it. 

All in all, -5/100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-05 at 8:24 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Ah yes. The infamous ZawFrames. One of the worst ideas to ever grace the forums. Why? Well:

1. It would make running normal Warframes outright obsolete. Why run Trinity if my ZawFrame can have Energy Vampire, Renewal, Elude and Absorb?

2. It would be disturbingly broken. Aren't we powerful enough?

3. Everyone would pick and choose the best set up until only one if considered the best and is run almost exclusively. Hence why Catchmoon and Plague Kripath are basically the only modular weapons you see.

4. Warframes would lose individuality. They are characters, not mere weapons. They have personality and lore attached to them. This would ruin it. 

All in all, -5/100

I could not have put it better myself.

‘Modular warframes’ is an idea that is proposed far too often in these forums, always by an inexperienced player as they are seemingly unaware of how insane and ridiculous the concept actually is. Regardless of the fact that it is not lore friendly in the slightest, if this concept were to be implemented in the game, it would completely destroy any remnants of balance we have. Sorry but this idea is proposed time after time and is shot down instantly, because it just does not have a place in the game at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cause, you know, who cares about the lore of literally every frame in the game, amiright?

Look, I get it. We have zaws. We have kitguns. There's already talk about customizable archwings with railjack. Hell, if you had suggested customized primaries, I would understand. The thing that every one of these things has in common is that none of them have any depth to their lore. They're weapons. They're tools. They make sense to mix and match. The Warframes do not. The warframes were people. They lived lives, they were chosen, whether voluntarily or not, to become the Warframes. They aren't any more mix and matchable than if I were to take your head off and sew it onto another random torso and expect it to function. They are individuals by lore, which means every single time some new person comes through here posting this zaw frame idea, it just tells me they aren't paying attention to the game. There's plenty of direction, but it's optional and up to you to decide to care about it enough to pay attention and read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...