-Kobolt

Trinity Rework/QoL Ideas

Passive - Instantly revives fallen allies.

1- New ability - Purify //Well of Life replacement

Instantly cleanses status effects and makes you and your allies immune to status effects for 10 seconds.

5 seconds cooldown (after ability effect ends).

Ability range based off Affinity range.

Not affected by duration or range mods.

2- Energy Vampire

Remove or reduce the ability energy cost.

3- Link

Increase base duration (from 12s to 20s).

• Upvote 3

All I can agree on is well of life being replaced by something new, even back in the day it was barely useable as her 4 just did a better job.

A status purge that adds immunity after would be a good addition to a power but shouldnt be one by itself.

Energy vampire needs the cost that it has.

Link is already strong, if you are building to be a link trinity you are already a god.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb -Kobolt:

What Vazarin is for atm also, would make it uselss completly for this frame.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb -Kobolt:

Instantly cleanses status effects and makes you and your allies immune to status effects for 10 seconds.

This is basically what Titania does on allys with her 1st on top of her CCing enemies with it.

29 minutes ago, -Kobolt said:

Instantly revives fallen allies.

I fee like it should be capped like 2 instant revives per temamate/pet and then its her passive sheh as now when she runs out for a player/companion. It wont be a big deal I mean peopel would say vazarin does this, so what, oberon can heal, so can wisp and plent of other frames, this would be just another way to use the same feature and its well fitting for her to have it

Posted (edited)

My idea for her 1 would be instead of debuffing one enemy to grant health when attacked, buff the team to gain health when attacking any enemy.

Edited by Mephane

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

What Vazarin is for atm also, would make it uselss completly for this frame.

Would be interesting for dedicated party supports if instead Trin's passive had a limit that stacked with Vazarin - so if you're super into that playstyle you can focus on it with Trin even more so.

well Vazarin is capped at 8 revives, I still think it's a good idea and it's not like people would start spamming trinity just because of that, she is all about supporting the team so I think it fits her style and is way more useful than her actual passive.

also I use vazarin on her so the Blessing radius is increased to 75 meters.

Posted (edited)

Combine 1 and 2 to tap or hold and able affect multiple enemies

And give her a 2 that does some offensive ravaging damage or lock down defensive 

Edited by (XB1)EPOSSTYLE
  • Like 1

Both Well of Life and Energy Vampire should be able to be cast on different targets while active. Let Trinity switch positions quickly to have her beacons help allies on the go.

Well of Life cast time needs a big trim, it's too damn long.

Posted (edited)

I like the intent behind most of the suggestions here, even if I may not agree completely with the implementation:

On 2019-10-05 at 7:03 PM, -Kobolt said:

I think it's a good idea to improve Trinity's current passive, as right now it's not strong enough to be used instead of Spoiler Mode's invincibility. However, instant revives are redunant relative to Vazarin, as mentioned above, which to me suggests there are possibly better alternatives: for example, if Trinity could instead revive allies from much farther away, that could not only synergize with Vazarin's instant revives, but also better complement her playstyle of watching allies from a distance with Blessing, while giving her an additional measure of safety without having to use Spoiler Mode.

On one hand, I think this suggestion gets it right where so many others don't, in that it acknowledges that Trinity's 1 needs to do something different from the rest of her kit in order to become useful. On the flipside, I'm really not a fan of the cooldown, and I also feel making it this radial effect is a little inappropriate for a 1 ability, as opposed to a much simpler targeted effect. Additionally, I don't understand why the ability would not be made to scale at all through mods, and these restrictions combined with the cooldown make the suggested ability look like it got pulled from a completely different game. Purifying allies and oneself of status effects is fine even without a cooldown, and instead of radial application I'd make the effect targeted. To make the ability more interesting, I'd also probably provide a reward for successfully cleansing status effects.

2- Energy Vampire

Agreed completely with this. As an Energy generation ability, Energy Vampire doesn't really need an Energy cost, as whatever is paid will be refunded almost immediately. The only thing an Energy cost achieves is make life more difficult for Trinity when surrounded by Energy Leech Eximus units or when Magnetic-procced, and only those situations.

3- Link

This is a fair suggestion, one that gets commonly made due to how annoying Link is to constantly refresh. Personally, I think that given the fact that Trinity has EV as one of the rare instant Energy restores in the game, she could probably benefit from Link turning into a drain-based toggle, rather than a limited-duration effect: instead of having to constantly refresh Link, Trinity would thus instead have to power the ability up via Energy Vampire, which she should be doing anyway as part of her utility contribution to herself and her team.

Edited by Teridax68
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-10-05 at 2:03 PM, -Kobolt said:

I have seen this idea repeated in many different forum threads and have agreed with it each time. Triage is a completely useless passive and you will never notice the increase in speed or distance. 

However, it would need to meet some specific requirements:

• I really enjoyed the concept and theme of Wukong's "Five Levels of Immortality" passive (granting him invulnerability and a random buff three times in a mission if he would receive fatal damage); It would be nice to see a similar passive given to Trinity:
    > Three seems like a good number - maintain three instant revives per mission (used before the instant revives from Mending Soul).
    > An incredibly minor buff would be nice, but I believe the instant revive is enough.
  • Unlike the Vazarin school's Mending Soul node, the instant revives should NOT be usable on Trinity herself - only allies.
  • Additionally, the instant revives from Triage (Trinity's passive) should only affect warframes, not companions or other non-Tenno allies.

Not a bad idea, though, I don't believe the 5-second cool-down is required - we need to move away from not being able to recast active duration abilities.

Why exactly is it not affected by duration mods?

2- Energy Vampire

The more I see this suggestion the more I agree with it.

• Like 2

2- Energy Vampire

3- Link

I like this. Though her passive, perhaps when she revives she gives a boost to shields or health to the player she revived? 

On 2019-10-05 at 1:13 PM, Ramflax said:

All I can agree on is well of life being replaced by something new, even back in the day it was barely useable as her 4 just did a better job.

A status purge that adds immunity after would be a good addition to a power but shouldnt be one by itself.

Energy vampire needs the cost that it has.

Link is already strong, if you are building to be a link trinity you are already a god.

Link does not make you a god. 
1) it has the lowest base duration of any dr ability aswell as the lowest dr cap. 
2) it requires you to be linked for the dr to apply.  
I can’t count how many times I’ve been popped because I kill the enemies I’m linked to as a rocket or slash proc hits me 

I agree, well should change but maybe a mild cc. Cast it on area (like limbos cataclysm) and enemies in it are slowed and a small life steal buff is add to them. The augment would still work with it. 

link: base duration to 25 sec but make the dr 60% at base(no links) and add an extra 10% for each enemy linked 

energy vampire: cap the ability duration at 5 sec and make positive duration add tics. 

I wrote a long re-work idea for her awhile back that plays into the vampire theme and re-working the way she uses and creates energy to go along with it: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/885127-can-we-talk-about-trinity-trinity-ideas-discussion/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-9533171

If they just made minor changes to her, I think link should just be a toggle, it doesn't need a duration. In my re-work idea for link it actually gets two modes you can swap between where you link either to enemies doing what it does now, or link to allies and essentially have it work like a WoW spirit link style ability. 

I do think they should replace her 1 as well since hardly anyone ever uses it in its current form. My suggestion was to create an object that was a well of life instead of turning a target into one. It would pulse healing and remove status effects every pulse. It could also grant temporary status immunity on cast in a way that plays into my re-works theme (short version: every ability uses 100% of your remaining energy and if you're above a certain % it gets additional effects, except link has no direct cost, you just toggle between the two modes, her passive is a different form of energy vampire where dealing damage gives her energy and then her 2 is replaced with "energy leak" which lets you give energy to your team, her true damage from EV is preserved in a synergy between link and energy leak when bother are on). 

13 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

I wrote a long re-work idea for her awhile back that plays into the vampire theme and re-working the way she uses and creates energy to go along with it: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/885127-can-we-talk-about-trinity-trinity-ideas-discussion/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-9533171

two toggles is a bit much she doesnt need a overhaul. one needs updating and her base values need a tweaking. maybe make one of her augments or new one some cc and youre good