Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't i have a veiled and a unveiled riven on a single weapon?

--PV--Jackundor

It’s probably because of the code that prevents more then one Riven from being equipped on a build. Looks like it doesn’t distinguish between Veiled and Unveiled Rivens. 

Most weapons will perform perfectly fine without Rivens anyways. Just un-equip your Unveiled one temporarily and then swap it back on afterwards if you really want to use your favorite weapons for the Riven challenge.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb ExcaliburUmbra:

It’s probably because of the code that prevents more then one Riven from being equipped on a build. Looks like it doesn’t distinguish between Veiled and Unveiled Rivens. 

Most weapons will perform perfectly fine without Rivens anyways. Just un-equip your Unveiled one temporarily and then swap it back on afterwards if you really want to use your favorite weapons for the Riven challenge.

no, in the particular case that compelled me to make this post i really need the riven. I want to do a melee riven and the only really good weapon i have for that is my plague kripath. And it would suck to do that without my +cc for slide attacks +attack speed -infested dmg. Also this is more a question about the game design of this particular element.

2 minutes ago, Jackundor said:

no, in the particular case that compelled me to make this post i really need the riven. I want to do a melee riven and the only really good weapon i have for that is my plague kripath. And it would suck to do that without my +cc for slide attacks +attack speed -infested dmg. Also this is more a question about the game design of this particular element.

You don't have to complete a melee riven challenge using a melee weapon. For slide kills for example, you can just shoot a gun while sliding, even if the challenge was on your melee weapon.

3 minutes ago, Jackundor said:

And it would suck to do that without my +cc for slide attacks +attack speed -infested dmg

Why? Is your build really that reliant on your riven?

3 minutes ago, Jackundor said:

Also this is more a question about the game design of this particular element

We are not allowed to stick two rivens on any weapons. A veiled riven is still a riven.

• Like 2

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Wyrmius_Prime:

You don't have to complete a melee riven challenge using a melee weapon. For slide kills for example, you can just shoot a gun while sliding, even if the challenge was on your melee weapon.

keep up a 3x combo active for 30s with a active pet

attack speed helps a lot with that

1 minute ago, Jackundor said:

Take the worst weapon you have, stick a combo counter mod, lots of attack speed and slam countless times the same enemy with the weapon without actually killing it. I did all those rivens with just 1 or 2 enemies haha

15 minutes ago, Jackundor said:

yeah, but that's not a good reason for this.

Why not? DE could just make up some lore reason ('equipping two rivens makes you weapons explode') to justify it. 

• I see no good reason for this to change. 
16 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

Take the worst weapon you have, stick a combo counter mod, lots of attack speed and slam countless times the same enemy with the weapon without actually killing it. I did all those rivens with just 1 or 2 enemies haha

If you want to be extra weak, take an Extinguished Dragon Key (1/4 normal damage). 

18 minutes ago, Jackundor said:

That would save you like maximum of 5 seconds lmao. You'd save more time by switching melee weapons to something with more frequent attacks, like Ninkondis, which gives multiple strikes per melee attack lmao.

Equip venka/venka prime and go do a low level infested survival.  Put on body count and one of the other ones.  They'll run right to you and let you build your combo.  Bring Ash with the combo augment for overkill.  It's a really easy challenge and Im kinda wondering if it was a riven brag topic like the other poster suspects.

• Like 2