Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 9 test is bugged

Ferglicious

Second day where i reach the 3rd stage then get detected by no one, i was literally hiding in the 2nd area that i had to clear BEHIND the little stairs to watch the enemies walk seeing as the first day i screwed up because i didn't know their patterns, and i got deteceted behind the stairs, then i got detected while respawning. third time i just went in because i got tired of waiting and now i have to wait another 24 hours. it is fun.

i'm just gonna cheese it the next day with the skiajati but honestly this is some bullS#&$, having to do this twice when in reality i can do it in about 50 seconds. i think it might've been my weapon or my frame or something but with the skiajati it quite literally took me less than a minute to clear the entire camp using the same route without even using the stealth kill, if i did i would've turned invisible too. kinda bullS#&$ that i gotta wait another 24 hours though.

I've been having trouble with this the last few days, it isn't bugged. Stop trying to rush it and just take your time. Remember that you'll be a lot easier to detect if you're sprinting instead of running.

As for the third section, jump down so that the enemies spawn and then jump back up to the previous platform. Wait for the three enemies to come together, walk down their paths, and then split off. Pick one of the side ones and take one out, then go back up on the platform. Repeat until you've managed to kill all three of them. Then, head up and hide behind the pillar closest to the (new) side enemies. The one in the center on the raised platform is who to watch out for; kill whichever side you're on first, making sure he doesn't see, then try to either head back to your pillar hiding spot or jump up and kill him quickly. Then you'll have one left - drop down and take him out. This was how I did it literally earlier.

Again, try to remember that the MR9 test is not timed. You can take like 30 minutes, even longer in there if you want. Use that knowledge to not rush yourself; that was how I kept failing the test several days in a row. Also remember you can practice the tests in relays with the Sanctuary in it!

On 2019-10-05 at 8:32 PM, Chocobro42 said:

I've been having trouble with this the last few days, it isn't bugged. Stop trying to rush it and just take your time. Remember that you'll be a lot easier to detect if you're sprinting instead of running.

As for the third section, jump down so that the enemies spawn and then jump back up to the previous platform. Wait for the three enemies to come together, walk down their paths, and then split off. Pick one of the side ones and take one out, then go back up on the platform. Repeat until you've managed to kill all three of them. Then, head up and hide behind the pillar closest to the (new) side enemies. The one in the center on the raised platform is who to watch out for; kill whichever side you're on first, making sure he doesn't see, then try to either head back to your pillar hiding spot or jump up and kill him quickly. Then you'll have one left - drop down and take him out. This was how I did it literally earlier.

Again, try to remember that the MR9 test is not timed. You can take like 30 minutes, even longer in there if you want. Use that knowledge to not rush yourself; that was how I kept failing the test several days in a row. Also remember you can practice the tests in relays with the Sanctuary in it!

I'm mr 22 and every mr test that involve stealth is pretty much bugged, try mr 19 test for yourself without skitiaji and post the screenshot here when you succeed.

13 hours ago, xHeretic said:

I'm mr 22 and every mr test that involve stealth is pretty much bugged, try mr 19 test for yourself without skitiaji and post the screenshot here when you succeed.

It is absolutely doable ( as is the 9), but they are unbalanced at the moment.  Hopefully this gets fixed.  There are a number of threads about it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ogundiety said:

It is absolutely doable ( as is the 9), but they are unbalanced at the moment.  Hopefully this gets fixed.  There are a number of threads about it.

19 is pure hell i didnt believe it until ive tried out myself yesterday and im pretty sure that wasnt the case when i did the test in the past

2 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

19 is pure hell i didnt believe it until ive tried out myself yesterday and im pretty sure that wasnt the case when i did the test in the past

It started around (a bit before maybe?) Gauss's release.  It's very new.  I did do the 19 with ceramic sword and..I dont' remember which frame but it was a high runspeed one with no other traits, but it probably took me 10-12 practice runs (I ended up streaming it to someone who was struggling at the time).  It's massively different than it was.

edit:

To clarify, I'm 27 and have been for a while, tried 19 on a whim because someone wasn't stopping complaining and was like 'what the HELL is this?'.  19 really isn't the problem case, though, because at mr 18 getting 19+ doesnt' matter much anymore (no locks, just some daily standing increases), and being able to reasonably cheese it with redeemer, sarpa, wisp, etc, etc, works.  9 is a problem because it completely locks down newer players from signifcant portions of the game and loot system.

Edited by Ogundiety

On 2019-10-07 at 2:10 AM, xHeretic said:

Means stealth is bugged - not the test. I've done the MR19 test on practice a few times after hearing about it being hell from a friend. It was hard, but I did it after a bit with the same tactics - taking my time.

On 2019-10-07 at 12:56 PM, Ogundiety said:

It started around (a bit before maybe?) Gauss's release.  It's very new.  I did do the 19 with ceramic sword and..I dont' remember which frame but it was a high runspeed one with no other traits, but it probably took me 10-12 practice runs (I ended up streaming it to someone who was struggling at the time).  It's massively different than it was.

edit:

To clarify, I'm 27 and have been for a while, tried 19 on a whim because someone wasn't stopping complaining and was like 'what the HELL is this?'.  19 really isn't the problem case, though, because at mr 18 getting 19+ doesnt' matter much anymore (no locks, just some daily standing increases), and being able to reasonably cheese it with redeemer, sarpa, wisp, etc, etc, works.  9 is a problem because it completely locks down newer players from signifcant portions of the game and loot system.

8 hours ago, Chocobro42 said:

Means stealth is bugged - not the test. I've done the MR19 test on practice a few times after hearing about it being hell from a friend. It was hard, but I did it after a bit with the same tactics - taking my time.

Doing a MR test with certain weapons or frames seems pretty bad imho, because it's forcing you to use a build instead testing abilities, wich I believed was the entire point of those test, maybe i'm wrong tho

Took this test for the first time today (after practicing at least one hour) and passed it on first attempt. 
My opinion is that of a new player (just one month into the game): I believe the AI in the third section is bugged, as it could detect me from the second zone even crouching, and sometimes even from behind pillars or with enemy giving the back.

It is impossible? no. It is frustrating? could be. It is useful and pertinent lore-wise? nope. Since Mastery Rank is supposed to be a way to measure the amount of content you played of the game, in terms of weaponry and warframes, why set the rules to prevent players from capitalize on that knowledge?
From a "knowledge of the game" test, it becomes a mnemonic and finger-dexterity exercise, voiding the very game mechanic it is supposed to enhance.

My 2 cents as noob player, but hey...

• Like 1

The ai really is bugged i've had plenty of times when they spotted me while my entire body was covered or i was behind a pillar or just not even in their range of sight. when i took the test slow i got caught when i had skiajati on it was extremely easy because i could actually enter stealth so i could just sprint towards the enemies and kill them before they got tired of waiting.

• 4 years later...

Yea I have quite an irrelevant issue compared to the rest of the replies I've seen. So, so zoom through it with ease and pretty much mastered the damn route and take it the same every time and the last guy on the last section doesn't seem to want to let me assassinate him. Yes at first it was me being too fast and running into him, but then I realized that when I finally creeped up behind him, several times, I couldn't perform a stealth attack because it wouldn't give me the option. Even when I pressed the appropriate button (in my case square on controller, it just wouldn't work! SO IT SCREWED ME OVER EVERYTIME! To those who keep saying "ohh well skill issue" or "you can't be mad at the game cause ur bad, you can't quite control the game glitching out can you? To finish my thoughts I know you can use the skiajati or just use wisp like someone mentioned, but some people like myself would like a solution that works for everyone, not an exploit.

Edited by RustyGam3r21

@RustyGam3r21 I've done some testing on MR9 in the Sanctuary, and I think I've found the bug you are talking about. I'm surprised nobody has talked about this earlier; it's probably recently introduced.

Anyway, enemies enter an "alerted" state on stealth missions sometimes, in particular when they've seen a fellow soldier's body. You can tell if an enemy is alerted by, on the minimap, their red triangle that is normally empty will be filled in, and their route will change to go investigate the body. The bug that's occurred is you cannot stealth attack an "alerted" enemy unless you kill a different (unalerted) enemy first. Now, you might also be able to wait some time, but I've waited 60 seconds and the alerted state did not go away, so I find it unlikely.

If you don't have the skiajati or wisp, hopefully this helps you find an alternative route to solve your issue. Here's what I used on MR9:

1) Kill the first two enemies one after the other so neither is alerted, otherwise you get screwed.

2) Kill the closest enemy first when he turns left (the other first floor enemy will see the body), then kill the second floor enemy at the close-left corner by wall-jumping up the left side of the pillar, then kill the other second floor enemy when the cycles line up, then kill the final enemy.

3) Move fast on this one. When the three central enemies all make their first turn in the center, you want to kill the other three outside enemies in succession. Bullet jump to the left back one first to kill, then bullet jump underneath the platform to get to the right back one, then jump up to the platform to get the central back enemy. Now you can wait. One of the side guards will see a body and offset the cycles. This matters later.

When the two side enemies are out front and turning around, and the center enemy is close to you and turning away from you, you can drop down and kill the center one. Since the side guard cycles are slightly offset, when they come back to their center route, you can kill the one closer to you without the other one detecting you.

Hope this helps!