Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn (Aegis Storm) Tweaks

NinjaZeku

I finally found a Hildryn build (and Fashionframe crime) that seems to work for me,
and thus after using her for more than two missions, I'm obviously highly qualified to offer suggestions about her kit,
in particular Aegis Storm which is the one ability I'm having the most gripes about, so here goes:

1) Movement Speed

In one mission, I got Speed'd by a Volt, and ... oh. Oh. My. Goodness.
That suddenly turned her sluggish flight into something so much more fun
(also I have been using - and massively enjoying - new Cloud Walker on a regular basis, heh)
that I can sincerely state Aegis Storm needs to be faster by default.

2) Slam Jam

That slam when you manually cancel AS similarly feels a bit eh
(and actually reminds me of the old Divine Spears where Nezha got forcefully interrupted),
how about making it trigger upon performing a Melee attack, you know, just like how we can exit Archwing on the Plains / Vallis.
Otherwise, simply cancel AS without this effect, allowing us to quickly get back into the action.

3) Balefire

Why is Balefire not activated automatically upon entering Aegis Storm?
You can't use your regular weapons anyway, Balefire doesn't drain Energy Shields while active,
I just see no real reason for this extra step to exist.
(Alternatively, allow regular guns to be used, because a good enough reason against that similarly eludes me.)

Also, on the topic of Balefire, is switching to your Secondary upon cancelling it intended? Because that's a bit annoying.

Anyway, yeah, that's my thoughts, what are yours?

• Like 3

5 часов назад, NinjaZeku сказал:
Okay but then ... just don't shoot? What do you gain from not pulling out Balefire automatically?

It expends extra energy when activated. After all, Hildryn is a frame about controlling shield energy. You don't activate what you don't need. On the other hand, why should I run in the operator if I don't have the power? Balefire is useless in this situation. I think it's a bigger problem, because in CC build you get a powerful drone, not a frame.

2 hours ago, zhellon said:

It expends extra energy when activated.

Oh that's the issue, I kinda meant to make this activation free, or rather,
be included in the 100 Shields activation cost of Aegis Storm, apologies for being unclear, I guess.

2 hours ago, zhellon said:

On the other hand, why should I run in the operator if I don't have the power? Balefire is useless in this situation.
I think it's a bigger problem, because in CC build you get a powerful drone, not a frame.

Okay, so you prefer to use Hildryn as a passive CC tool while you plop into Operator to do stuff.

In what way would my suggestions hurt your preferred playstyle?

And why not make people who want to actively use Hildryn have a better experience, as well?

• Like 1

45 минут назад, NinjaZeku сказал:

And why not make people who want to actively use Hildryn have a better experience, as well?

Using a conventional weapon would give a better experience than using a Balefire. On the other hand, Yes, what you're suggesting will help. But it will help very little. You also need to think what will happen to Balefire when you shut down the ability? Is it shutting down too? And if I don't want it to shut down, how do I do it? Now this 2 different ability to. You propose to tie them up. You may get more problems from this than benefits. Or you can create a more complex relationship of these abilities, but the benefits will still not be so much. 

I can agree that the undo animation is too long. But nothing else is of much benefit. For example, the speed of the storm is OK. Ability can have drawbacks and speed is something that can be ignored because you can smooth this out with wisp for example. Instead, it is better to rework airdash, so that it is produced not only in one plane, but allowed to rise and fall. This would speed up much better than a simple ability speed buff. 

I'm not saying your suggestions are bad. But they will affect the gameplay is not so much to pay attention to it. I think 3 hildryn ability should get more attention than what works great.

21 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Using a conventional weapon would give a better experience than using a Balefire.

That was an alternative I proposed, as well.

But until that gets added as an option (inb4 Augment), leaving Balefire as a manual activation is just a needless hassle.

22 minutes ago, zhellon said:

You also need to think what will happen to Balefire when you shut down the ability? Is it shutting down too?

You could make it so if you didn't have it active before AS, it turns off as well.

23 minutes ago, zhellon said:

speed is something that can be ignored because you can smooth this out with wisp for example.

Sorry but, needing a specific Frame in your Squad to make an ability feel good to use, that's ... no.

27 minutes ago, zhellon said:

I think 3 hildryn ability should get more attention than what works great.

That's kinda my point though, her 4 is (not terrible but also) NOT working great, and could easily stand to be improved.

And if you have gripes about her 3, then by all means, share them, be it in this topic or one of your own.

• Like 1

How to make Hildryn better, imho

her 3rd shouldn't affect ennemies and be pure buff.

her 1st while using her 4th should not drain energy.

her 2nd should reduce infested speed and gives shield for that.

tbh I use her either when it's a "reduced energy" mission (nightmare or sortie), or to level an amp (I cast her 4 and go operator mode, use vazarin and you're good)

• Like 1

Sorry but, needing a specific Frame in your Squad to make an ability feel good to use, that's ... no.

You always feel good using this ability because it's an OP control that generates energy for the allies and takes advantage of the Aviator. Speed boost is what makes you feel even better. Either way, you don't have to move fast in combat, and outside of combat, you can either disable the ability or use airdash. 

That's kinda my point though, her 4 is (not terrible but also) NOT working great, and could easily stand to be improved.

Ability to works well. And if you want to improve it, you're not working where you really need to. Only the second point will be really useful in the game. The rest will make little difference. Yes, speed boost will be useful, I do not deny it. But the problem is that in most of the content where this ability is really needed, you stand still, because any your movement will make control fickle, and therefore bad control for you and your allies.

I don't care about the first two sections because they might be useful. But I really don't see the point in section 3. Maybe I'll change my mind if Balefire really becomes more than just a fan gun.(just for killing trash mobs like most weapons in the game.) Sometimes it's better to keep that gun off. Especially as I understand you see it as a problem. But that's not a problem. There are more important problems, but you have described only one of them.(section 2) 

Edited by zhellon