Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's the oldest people you've ever played with?

Matheoryon

Most people I have meet in warframe in voice are in the 20's to 30's in age, but who has gone well past that? In a previous MMO the oldest people I meet where in their 70's, though generally the median age for "old" was around the late 50's and are usually in tight nit guilds. Its not really surprising since many media franchises that came from say the 60s to the 80's often have very old fans, and more often then not are tech savy in their old age or during retirement, with more then enough time and money to spend on these things. I havent seen many of the older generation in "fast paced" shooters, however shower and more paced and methodical games like tap target mmo's seem to have them more easily. 

It doesnt necessarily have to be in game Voice, it can be discord or any other VOIP platform.

Edited by Matheoryon
Clarification.
  • Like 2

I'm old, 57...but I love the game and gaming in general. I think, though, that I do worry too much about messing up gaming etiquette, because I am old abd out of the young folk's loop. This keeps me from playing public matches, because I don't want to do something wrong. Now and again I feel brave and dive in, though. Most of my older friends think that I am childish for gaming, but oh well...It is sad, because I think that more older folks might get into gaming if peer pressure was not an issue. Interesting topic, thanks. 

• Like 6

Normally, I keep game sound muted from this year onwards while playing all the time instead I just play the Youtube videos on my cell phone to keep myself pre-occupied from getting burnt out after hearing same jaded dialogues and music overtime. By the way, I never used voice chat ever since I heard a kid's voice who started rambling insanely to dictate the squad members during the mission and decided never to turn on is a friendly tip, I gave to myself and adhered to till date. 

If my memory serves me right, I believe around 2015-2016, I came across folks who were in their sixties during the chat and try to be amusing in their own way to lighten up the mood though age is not a barrier to do anything in life. However, I never asked anything pertaining to real life as it's none of my business rather respect privacy of the individual but I've enjoyed the conversation upon interacting with them, like they say - "Old is merry gold" during those times which I miss a lot now. 

Now days, if you across a person who talks in certain pattern of text inside the chat especially a teenage ones or even 20's, it's not difficult to determine their ages. 

Overall, they do exist in numbers but it all depends on their moods to interact during a random public sessions in my experience.

That's Warframe life in a nutshell for me at least. 😄

Edited by IIWingSaberII

I have two friends who still play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. One is 69 and a very good player, frequently topping the scoresheet and doing platinum difficulty runs on the daily basis, which is quite incredible. Another friend is 74, and I helped him to learn the ropes in multiplayer. He is quite decent as well but does not go above silver difficulty for some reason. I talked to them both about moving to WF but they refused due to fingers getting a bit stiff and consequential parkour problems. Since bullet jumping is essential, it is hard for them to do anything in WF. The older guy was unable to even do the starting mission. Too difficult, he said. My oldest WF-active steam friend is 64, not a regular player, her favorite is Eidolon hunting with Trinity. But if needed, she can solo a Teralyst.

• Like 2

i'm silver gamer (50+) and warframe is ok-ish just basically a simulator and never defined itself as it's title description presumes. it has an identity crisis. the only reason I even play is because it has a few of the elements I enjoy, melee, movement, good graphics lots of characters and weapon choices.  but saying all that its only a 5/10 in overall entertaining and enjoyment and no true storied mode for its characters, whether in syndicates or  void which the frames comes from.

it quickly gets stale for any gamer who are used to quality games, especially games that requires strategies, coordinations etc. sure it has potential, but so do most games in this genre if not all.

• Like 1

Sort of off topic I guess, but the first time I did the Leviathan raid, our guide for the underbelly was a dude in his 60’s.

Very gruff, crude old guy. Was an absolute blast to play with. Didn’t do very much impressive, but rarely ever made mistakes or went down.

Had a terrible smokers cough whenever he laughed though.

In warframe?

Literally never spoken to another player.

9 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

i'm silver gamer (50+) and warframe is ok-ish just basically a simulator and never defined itself as it's title description presumes. it has an identity crisis. the only reason I even play is because it has a few of the elements I enjoy, melee, movement, good graphics lots of characters and weapon choices.  but saying all that its only a 5/10 in overall entertaining and enjoyment and no true storied mode for its characters, whether in syndicates or  void which the frames comes from.

it quickly gets stale for any gamer who are used to quality games, especially games that requires strategies, coordinations etc. sure it has potential, but so do most games in this genre if not all.

Yeah I’ve felt this, the game is very much lacking in strategy. What I have noticed though, using frames without reactors and weapons without catalysts actually makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

It’s the only time I ever really have to consider anything other than my energy bar. Recently I made an alternate account just to relive the new player experience. I’m actually enjoying that a lot more than the end game.

Very off topic, excuse me haha.

4 hours ago, akots said:

I have two friends who still play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. One is 69 and a very good player, frequently topping the scoresheet and doing platinum difficulty runs on the daily basis, which is quite incredible. Another friend is 74, and I helped him to learn the ropes in multiplayer. He is quite decent as well but does not go above silver difficulty for some reason. I talked to them both about moving to WF but they refused due to fingers getting a bit stiff and consequential parkour problems. Since bullet jumping is essential, it is hard for them to do anything in WF. The older guy was unable to even do the starting mission. Too difficult, he said. My oldest WF-active steam friend is 64, not a regular player, her favorite is Eidolon hunting with Trinity. But if needed, she can solo a Teralyst.

Might I add that your friends would not have a problem at all in WF with the right keyboard. I have my G13 setup for this game (as I do all games) and bullet jumping is as easy as pressing one key. I have no trouble whatsoever in keeping up with the younger folks although the mastery tests piss me off at times. That is a topic for a different thread however.

No idea regarding WF. In most MMOs though I've played with plenty of people ranging from age 60-70, both in PvE and PvP.

If I remember correctly, the guild I was a member of in DaoC, Vidar's Vengeance, a large part of the upper rank was made up of several generation of the same family, from grandparents to grandkids. And in my early WoW days I was part of a guild where there was also a whole family that used the game and guild to keep contact with eachother across the globe, same deal there, anything from grandparents to grandkids playing together and keeping contact.

A large portion of players in a game called Aces High are middle-aged, oldest I met there was almost 90 (mid to late 80s, a WWII vet at the time). He explained how he flown in WWII, and then proceeded to fly the same aircraft he was familiar with in the war, in the game. Was pretty neat. Sadly, due to the niche of Aces High and the pseudo-realistic learning curve, very few play it nowadays, and a fair portion of the playerbase either quit due to costs (subscription based) or from age.