Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Usage on Controller

PsyRaveAJ

How's it going guys!?

I am having a lot of problems using the melee weapon on my xbox one controller.   Even though it is binded to the B button, all it does is unholster the weapon.   It doesn't do anything also if I repeatedly tap it.   I might be missing something.   Please help me out.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, PsyRaveAJ said:

Yes I am 🙂

Then Steam is your problem then.   Goto Steam Library and right click on Warframe.  Then select properties.  In the Steam Input per Game section, select "Forced Off".  This will allow Warframe's in-game settings to controller how your controller works directly instead of Steam.  Doing this will allow your controller o behave in the same manner as it would using the DE Stand-Alone Client.  

I have the XBox One Elite Controller on PC.  I had to do this for the times when I run the Steam version just so my controller would behave the correct way. 

JPOc5s7.jpg

Edited by DatDarkOne
edited to add screenshot
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phane said:

Hi, same problem. Unfortunately I'm using a PS4 controller and the game doesn't recognize it without Steam. Doing the Forced Off the controller doesn't respond at all.

Go to the Steam controller config and load the official mapping from DE. That will correct the melee binding, however that mapping is intended for Steam controller not the DS4, so you'll need to go through and change the joysticks to work as joysticks instead of mouse, or the controls will be way too sensitive.