xMarvin732

Companion Sentinel Rework

Posted (edited)

The Way the Sentinels are with surviving high level missions is terrible.
Once they die, they stay dead till you die too, instant revive is the only way to revive the Sentinel which means i am forced to go with a Companion like Kubrow or Kavat since i can revive them.
I feel like that there needs to be a change about it, if a teammate revives you, that the sentinel comes back too or there needs to be taken a look into the Sentinel Companion System.

The most used one of mine is Wyrm Prime because the Shield is perfect for surviving.
Wyrm Prime is one of the only Sentinel i can take without it constantly exploding like the other ones,even with Primed Regen and all the redirection and vitality mods.
i did put in both redirection and vitality in all the Prime Sentinels to compare the stats, Helios Prime is probably the weakest together with Dethcube Prime.

Now coming to the Sentinel Weapons, whenever i think of taking a different Sentinel Weapon, it feels like Sweeper Prime is probably the only one that actually can do some damage.
Of course they shouldn't be the main damage source to go against enemies but they should at least do SOME damage.

I tried to use the Vulklok to see if theres any other weapon for the sentinel, i literally didn't even know if it even attacks or not, it didn't even do any damage since it literally has 0.150 Fire rate!

For now i use only my smeeta and Wyrm Prime for general use in surviving, Carrier Prime for Ammo and Dethcube Prime to see how it is like.

Edited by xMarvin732
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

The Way the Sentinels are with surviving high level missions is terrible.
Once they die, they stay dead till you die too, instant revive is the only way to revive the Sentinel which means i am forced to go with a Companion like Kubrow or Kavat since i can revive them.
I feel like that there needs to be a change about it, if a teammate revives you, that the sentinel comes back too or there needs to be taken a look into the Sentinel Companion System.

The most used one of mine is Wyrm Prime because the Shield is perfect for surviving.
Wyrm Prime is one of the only Sentinel i can take without it constantly exploding like the other ones,even with Primed Regen and all the redirection and vitality mods.
i did put in both redirection and vitality in all the Prime Sentinels to compare the stats, Helios Prime is probably the weakest together with Dethcube Prime.

Now coming to the Sentinel Weapons, whenever i think of taking a different Sentinel Weapon, it feels like Sweeper Prime is probably the only one that actually can do some damage.
Of course they shouldn't be the main damage source to go against enemies but they should at least do SOME damage.

I tried to use the Vulklok to see if theres any other weapon for the sentinel, i literally didn't even know if it even attacks or not, it didn't even do any damage since it literally has 0.150 Fire rate!

For now i use only my smeeta and Wyrm Prime for general use in surviving, Carrier Prime for Ammo and Dethcube Prime to see how it is like.

Technically Carrier Prime is probably more tankie(or atleast number 2) since its stats allow it to take a hit on plenty of much tougher content, but otherwise unless you are using a certain sentinel named Djinn with its precept to revive itself after X time, all other sentinels(cept wyrm of course) definitely do not last long enough to where i wish D.E. just straight up gave companions a universal innate to ignore 50% of the damage they take, maybe even more. Since they barely have any use being ALIVE, that its become quite popular to just slap gladiator mods on a Helios`s deconstructor or Vigilante mods on a primary sentinel weapon and let them act as a free damage boost with X weapon type.

Even Phantasy Star Online 2`s Mag system which at least they can`t die PERIOD, allows them to serve as a stat bonus stick you can customize (RIP if you screwed up on what you fed your pet to its max stat, like how i did when i still played it on a translation unoffical patch) on top of letting you to get about 4 actions you could have it do with a order priority(plus more options could be gotten and more were released down the line), which for me was usually just some auto-mate(consumes a healing item when X requirement is trip) use whenever my health dipped to low. Some people may say that companions have Shield Charger, Guardian, Medi-Ray, etc. but most of those are barely a band-aid due to the cooldown on it and how bad they become in higher content where they do not even scale for warframes who have much higher health bases or not many alternatives exist for the shield one since some frames give zero cares on shields or do not even have shields at all.

Though i am once again, glad they finally are working on Ember, Vauban, working towards actually giving ups WEAPON EXILUS SLOTS, i am hoping they still not take forever to address us wanting to have a pet to be more useful then just the item vacuum & buff stick.

Edited by Avienas
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Technically Carrier Prime is probably more tankie since its stats allow it to take a hit but otherwise unless you are using a certain sentinel named Djinn with its precept to revive itself after X time, all other sentinels definitely do not last long enough to where i wish D.E. just straight up gave companions a universal innate to ignore 50% of the damage they take, maybe even more. Since they barely have any use being ALIVE, that its become quite popular to just slap gladiator mods on a Helios`s deconstructor or Vigilante mods on a primary sentinel weapon and let them act as a free damage boost with X weapon type.

Even Phantasy Star Online 2`s Mag system which at least they can`t die PERIOD, allows them to serve as a stat bonus stick you can customize (RIP if you screwed up on what you fed your pet to its max stat back when i still played it on a translation unoffical patch though) on top of letting you to get about 4 actions you could have it do with a order priority, which for me was usually just some auto-mate(consumes a healing item when X requirement is trip) use whenever my health dipped to low. Some people may say that companions have Shield Charger, Guardian, Medi-Ray, etc. but most of those are barely a band-aid due to the cooldown on it and how bad they become in higher content where they do not even scale for warframes who have much higher health bases or not many alternatives exist for the shield one since some frames give zero cares on shields or do not even have shields at all.

Though i am once again, glad they finally are working on Ember, Vauban, working towards actually giving ups WEAPON EXILUS SLOTS, i am hoping they still not take forever to address us wanting to have a pet to be more useful then just the item vacuum & buff stick.

Yes exactly i agree with you about the PSO Mag system, sadly i only know the system of the first game since i only really played the old PSO on DC and Gamecube, and i really liked how they dont die there, i dont know how it is in PSO2 since i wait for the western release.

i wish they give the other Sentinels a similar ability to other Sentinels too .

It feels like the Sentinels are stuck on low level mission niveau, they need , as you said, scaling to their stats.

cant wait to have a Hush similar Mod on primary weapon as an exilus mod🙂 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

Yes exactly i agree with you about the PSO Mag system, sadly i only know the system of the first game since i only really played the old PSO on DC and Gamecube, and i really liked how they dont die there, i dont know how it is in PSO2 since i wait for the western release.

i wish they give the other Sentinels a similar ability to other Sentinels too .

It feels like the Sentinels are stuck on low level mission niveau, they need , as you said, scaling to their stats.

cant wait to have a Hush similar Mod on primary weapon as an exilus mod🙂 

It was basically the same thing though if i recall you could evolve the mags as you fed them so they took on different forms and you could equip different ones which lead to some huge stat scaling screwery, especially if someone shared a op mag in PSO1, since i do not recall their being much of a restriction system in place, well thats been forever at the very least since i played it.

But anyway PSO2 comes next spring or you could go check the site bumped org(google it) if you want to go thru the process of setting up your PC with it, patching the game to have partial english, etc. No idea how much its improved since i left half way in episode 4 and they are on episode 6 or so if i recall.

Well since they plan to FINALLY start to take approaches to getting rid of mods that are used constantly and what i assume will just put innately into the weapons/warframes/sentinels, i can hope they also do some polishing to mods to boot and maybe even even buff sentinel weapons with something to make them stand out. Since i have repeated it in many threads: SENTINELS WEAPONS SHOULD GET A GIMMICK CC ACTION ON EACH OF THE WEAPONS TO GIVE THEM A USE SO THEY ARE NOT GARBAGE DAMAGE STICKS OR STUCK AS SET MOD INTERACTION BUFFING STICKS. Though granted loads of things like the sentinel weapons you get from Leg`s shop need to get a massive change since they are just basically the Taxon`s sentinel weapon for the most part, if it had to be dumbed down. 

Edited by Avienas

Deconstructor and Vulklok are arguably the best Sentinel weapons.

FWIW ive seen a lot more pubs using helios prime than any other sentinel bar Taxon . Wyrm was trendy when it was unvaulted few months back.