Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WhoWantsToKnowMyGame

Dargyn Riven Challenges

Can we remove them ? i mean we all can do them , and its not like its a hard challenge , its just anoying...  , solo interception mission or any challenges like this one is no problem or anything , its hard , but u can do it .... but these dargyns , to kill them with bow , or before they hit the ground , its just so freakin anoying. 
Community opinion on this ?

Most of them seem hard on the surface, but are fairly easy once you figure out how to cheese them. That seems to be the real challenge with these- cheese puzzle solving.

There are plenty of ways to make them easier. Projectile Flight for bows, Cernos Prime, etc. High fire rate, shotguns, certain abilities to shoot them down before they touch the ground. Or you could do it the old fashion way, getting good.

Eventually, the only difficult part about this is finding Dargyns to shoot down.

Please remove them...I keep getting kill five Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground while sliding down a hill...NO JOKE..that is in there along with the bow one...And did they nerf Nova because she barely works anymore on this challenge...Also with a console controller it's an awful challenge and I'm not going to say I can do them and they are easy and all that jazz so the elites won't sneer...It's awful challenge period...

So you get a bow riven that requires you to kill  dargyn pilots before they hit the ground? Here's a tip : You're not forced to use said weapon, any weapon is allowed so bring a secondary you can use to spray

Another little tip : take tier 1 bounty so they're very easy to kill

7 minutes ago, 844448 said:

So you get a bow riven that requires you to kill  dargyn pilots before they hit the ground? Here's a tip : You're not forced to use said weapon, any weapon is allowed so bring a secondary you can use to spray

Another little tip : take tier 1 bounty so they're very easy to kill

Read what i wrote """ to kill them with bow , or before they hit the ground  """   1 challenge is to kill  for example 5 dargyns with bow  ,  and second one is  to shoot them before they hit the ground , ofc noone is gonna get bow for that challange, pls mr.internet einstein, read... read..

13 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Please remove them...I keep getting kill five Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground while sliding down a hill...NO JOKE..that is in there along with the bow one...And did they nerf Nova because she barely works anymore on this challenge...Also with a console controller it's an awful challenge and I'm not going to say I can do them and they are easy and all that jazz so the elites won't sneer...It's awful challenge period...

Step one: Get Titania

Step two: Find one of those dargyn camps on the ground- there's usually one in the woods near the entrance to the plains.

Step three: Cast Titania's 1 on the pilots before they get in their machines.

Step four: Casually walk up to them while they hopelessly float in the air, slide, and kill them with your weapon of choice.

Repeat until required number of kills are met.

Just used this method a few days ago. Very easy, and works like a charm. "Before they touch the ground" apparently actually means "while they're in the air for any reason". Like I said, cheese puzzle solving.

21 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

shoot them down before they touch the ground

You don't even need to do that. The riven challenge says "kill pilots before they hit the ground", but what it actually requires is "kill pilots while they're not touching the ground". So any ability that lifts enemies off the ground? Nidus' meatball, Titania's thing, and various others? They all work, just find a pilot on the ground or wait for him to hit the ground after shooting his dargyn, lift him up off the ground, then shoot him. Boom, done.

3 minutes ago, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

Read what i wrote """ to kill them with bow , or before they hit the ground  """   1 challenge is to kill  for example 5 dargyns with bow  ,  and second one is  to shoot them before they hit the ground , ofc noone is gonna get bow for that challange, pls mr.internet einstein, read... read..

Show me the riven screenshot. As far as I remember there's no limitation like that

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

You don't even need to do that. The riven challenge says "kill pilots before they hit the ground", but what it actually requires is "kill pilots while they're not touching the ground". So any ability that lifts enemies off the ground? Nidus' meatball, Titania's thing, and various others? They all work, just find a pilot on the ground or wait for him to hit the ground after shooting his dargyn, lift him up off the ground, then shoot him. Boom, done.

Well, call me old fashioned then but you'll never know if DE will patch that out. The one thing you can always rely on, is shooting things better and faster to clear challenges that require you to do just that.

1 minute ago, RX-3DR said:

Well, call me old fashioned then but you'll never know if DE will patch that out. The one thing you can always rely on, is shooting things better and faster to clear challenges that require you to do just that.

If and when they do, I'll figure out a different way to cheese it. Until such time, I'll just keep doing this.

6 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Step one: Get Titania

Step two: Find one of those dargyn camps on the ground- there's usually one in the woods near the entrance to the plains.

Step three: Cast Titania's 1 on the pilots before they get in their machines.

Step four: Casually walk up to them while they hopelessly float in the air, slide, and kill them with your weapon of choice.

Repeat until required number of kills are met.

Just used this method a few days ago. Very easy, and works like a charm. "Before they touch the ground" apparently actually means "while they're in the air for any reason". Like I said, cheese puzzle solving.

You have to slide down a hill and kill them, you can't just normal slide... So thanks for the advice...but, it's still a masochist's challenge to make players just toss said riven into the endo pile....

2 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

I actually couldn't rely on the old fashion way. I tried doing it that way first, but the kills kept not counting for no apparent reason. Got fed up, and just cheesed it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

You have to slide down a hill and kill them... So thanks for the advice...but, it's still a masochist's challenge to make players just toss said riven into the endo pile....

You don't have to side down a hill- just be sliding. Like I said, I just did that riven challenge a few days ago. The little bit of sliding you can do after sprinting / walking on flat ground is more that enough.

14 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Show me the riven screenshot. As far as I remember there's no limitation like that

i didnt ment those 2 challenges on same riven 
Riven nr 1: Kill 5 Dargyns in Flight with Bow
Riven nr 2: Kill 3 Dargyn Pilots before they hit the ground

Check check ? 😉  hahaha

I mean they removed few dargyn challenges since last year , maybe they will do it now too , i hope so

Attica/Zhuge (Prime) also count as bows, with them it is a lot easier to hit Dargyns. Just spray and pray. Also, the dargyns that show up on Kuva Fortress assault mission, when you are burning the door open, those also count as destroying dargyns. This is the best spot since you don't need to wait for daytime in plains to hunt dargyns.

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

That combination does not exist. For killing falling pilots: "Modifiers may include while aim gliding, being alone, or while sliding."  
Shooting dargyns with a bow has no modifiers, and they're all listed on that page for each individual challenge.  When you look at the hotfix history 22.13.4 below, the modifiers for the dargyn bow kill challenges were actually removed.

Some ways to cheese the falling pilot challenge.

Warframe abilities that count in suspending Dargyn Pilots:

• NidusIcon272 Nidus's Larva130xDark Larva
  • ZephyrIcon272 Zephyr's Tornado130xDark Tornado
  • TitaniaIcon272 Titania's Spellbind130xDark Spellbind
  • RhinoIcon272 Rhino's RhinoStomp130xDark Rhino Stomp

and Limbo's time freezing bubble.

For the "while sliding" modifier, you don't even need to be on the ground.  Just be in the pose when the kill happens will make it count, meaning you can be in the air in a slide animation (looks like you're doing a jumpkick) and it will count.

7 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

You don't have to side down a hill- just be sliding. Like I said, I just did that riven challenge a few days ago. The little bit of sliding you can do after sprinting / walking on flat ground is more that enough.

Mine said slide down hill....I tried the normal slide... I got nothing when I actually hit the one and only one I could get out of sheer frustration when Nova was finally allowed to proc them and that took six tries till it happened...That's why I was wondering if they nerfed her on the plains just for that challenge becuase it was covered on a how-to Youtube video way back when...

Nope. I like these challenges. I just wish they’d fix being able to hijack. I submitted a bug report and haven’t heard anything. Haven’t been able to hijack since mainline update.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Mine said slide down hill....I tried the normal slide... I got nothing when I actually hit the one and only one I could get out of sheer frustration when Nova was finally allowed to proc them and that took six tries till it happened...That's why I was wondering if they nerfed her on the plains just for that challenge becuase it was covered on a how-to Youtube video way back when...

Bro, that’s not a real variant.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

Its only ever been while sliding. You probably just didn’t have the right mods on to slide long enough to be sliding while you completed the kill.

I have unveiled hundreds of rivens, maybe thousands shamefully, but never seen slide down a hill. And I’ve seem some weird ones.

59 minutes ago, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

Riven nr 1: Kill 5 Dargyns in Flight with Bow

Get a warframe that can stop enemies in place. Equinox should do the trick

1 hour ago, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

Riven nr 2: Kill 3 Dargyn Pilots before they hit the ground

Get a weapon to spray enemies with bullet.

Is this too hard for you that enough to make you ask to remove such trivial task?

you can do them with mag but you need to be close (destroy the dragyn, cast her 2 on the pilot)

more conveniently : use Itzal, get close, destroy the dragyn and cast your 3rd.

I dislike the cheese-puzzle "challenges" for the rivens and dragyn is one of the worse as they only appear during the day, they are not very common, "punchthrough" make you fail the challenge, exploding the dragyn makes you fail the challenge.

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Get a warframe that can stop enemies in place. Equinox should do the trick

Get a weapon to spray enemies with bullet.

Is this too hard for you that enough to make you ask to remove such trivial task?

whats wrong with u dude..... im saying whole time , its not hard challenge , its annoying.... like you .... jesus

21 minutes ago, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

whats wrong with u dude..... im saying whole time , its not hard challenge , its annoying.... like you .... jesus

If we were to start removing challenges just because they are "annoying", the only Riven challenges left would be "Kill X enemies" because everything else got removed.

I think it's annoying to sit on a solo Survival/Interception/etc for 5 minutes just for a single Riven. I also find it annoying to have to pull out Rhino or Loki for the without taking damage or being spotted conditions. That's a ton out the window for being annoying.

"It's not hard, it's annoying" Can sum up every challenge the game has. Everything eventually becomes annoying and/or trivial either through repetition or it being too easy.

4 hours ago, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

When you're not giving me the screenshot of your riven so I can understand the riven, you're already annoying, added with your reply with lots of unnecessary dots which doesn't help.

If you say it's annoying, you would have some problem when doing it, or you wouldn't complain and ask to remove it