Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dargyn Riven Challenges

8 hours ago, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

Community opinion on this ?

I didn't have any issues with it at all.  My wife... hates them.  So we just trade rivens when it is like this.

As they aren't...  Unveiled. (is that the right term? I really don't do much other than those Lotus alerts for rivens) it isn't like we know we are missing out on something really useful for us.

So far the only one I personally absolutely hate is the 3 headshots while airborn one.  But that is just me.

1 minute ago, OneYenShort said:

So far the only one I personally absolutely hate is the 3 headshots while airborn one.  But that is just me.

I found something about headshots one. Got a riven that requires me to do 6 consecutive headshots without getting affected by magnetic proc. Got a random thought "let's try it on eidolon" after failing several times and it actually works

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

I found something about headshots one. Got a riven that requires me to do 6 consecutive headshots without getting affected by magnetic proc. Got a random thought "let's try it on eidolon" after failing several times and it actually works

So...  you'd just shoot the Eidolon in the head and it worked?  I'm assuming just run around see it and pop it?

Just now, OneYenShort said:

So...  you'd just shoot the Eidolon in the head and it worked?  I'm assuming just run around see it and pop it?

Just met i the eidolon during flight and it was a brain fart, which surprisingly works so yes

6 minutes ago, OneYenShort said:

I didn't have any issues with it at all.  My wife... hates them.  So we just trade rivens when it is like this.

As they aren't...  Unveiled. (is that the right term? I really don't do much other than those Lotus alerts for rivens) it isn't like we know we are missing out on something really useful for us.

Quick tip for you. I've had up to 8 hshots in a row while airborne, I found an easy solution to open it in 5 seconds. Equip a multishot secondary or primary like say  a Pyrana, go to the plains, get in archwing  and shoot the one thing in the plains with an enormous head.... the Teralyst. It actually counted the individual pellets from the pyrana (shotgun would also work) and unveiled the riven with 1 shot 🙂

8 hours ago, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

but these dargyns , to kill them with bow

The Plains isn't the only place with Dargyns to shoot while on the ground. Try Kuva Fortress Assault instead.

Once you melt the main gates with the Molten Coil, there should be at least 6-7 Kuva Dargyns that will attack you. They count towards the challenge.

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

Didn't work for me in an archwing or standard aim gliding.

Rifle Riven Mod, Get 3 headshot kills in a single aim glide.  

I'm betting the underline is why it doesn't.  This is one riven challenge that should just go away in my opinion.  But that is me.  When you have to cheese something and pray on luck of setup when these things take up valuble space in your gear.. bleh.  That just screams lazy, "screw you/lets see how they like this" design.

49 minutes ago, OneYenShort said:

I'm betting the underline is why it doesn't.  This is one riven challenge that should just go away in my opinion.  But that is me.  When you have to cheese something and pray on luck of setup when these things take up valuble space in your gear.. bleh.  That just screams lazy, "screw you/lets see how they like this" design.

Try using the fulmin, arca plasmor, or catchmoon in any mission with high enemy density. Those weapons might not get headshot bonus damage, but they can still get headshots. Aim a bit over the crowd's head jump, initiate the glide, and pull the trigger. You can easily get multiple headshot kills from a single barely-aimed shot.

1 hour ago, OneYenShort said:

Just use a CC ability for that one. I used to do it in Jupiter missions, sitting on the vent jets but with the rework the easiest way is to go to an exterminate, find a group of enemies, CC them and then just glide and fire. Vauban's bastille works well, as does Rhino stomp or Titania's float ability.

Kill 6 Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground while sliding:

Go to plains, shoot down Dargyn with non powerful gun, pilot falls to ground, run up and hit Zephyrs 4. Slide around. EZ. A little time consuming but not bad.  Zephyr is my go to for a lot of veiled Rivens. Great frame.  It’s not just this challenge eventually they all become simple and quick. 

6 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

This Riven used to give me instant anxiety and dread. Ha. But I’ve learned. Zephyr with anti grav and bullet jump mods, a Catchmoon with the headshot arcane and the derelicts big open rooms or plains and it’s done in 2 seconds.  Get a small group of enemies together, bullet jump, shoot one guy in head, arcane headshots the two others and done. 

Edited by hendrix923

Most of riven challenges can be cheesed, here's what i found... 

1. Kill dargyns with a bow. Either auto crossbow spray or pray, or equinox/baruuk sleep. Hit them from the front, killing pilot first wastes a dargyn- empty ones don't count. Dargyns always spawn on protect the drone Bounty stage, even during night. 

2. Dargyn pilots. Titania works best, Limbo, Rhino, Hildryn are also usable. Didn't check Nezha spears. 

3. Headshot kills. For cheese, use castanas or penta, find a szable group, detonate grenade above enemies heads. Also, Scourge altfire aura magnetizes enemies heads. Cc- throw spear- jump aimglide with auto secondary. 

4. Nobody mentioned killing enemies on dropship, which used to be a problem for me. Solutions i found: either staticor + explosion radius, or your choice of sniper with radiation damage. When you destroy dropship, everybody on board dies. Or Peacekeeper Mesa:-) Start low level Bounty, dropships always spawn on protect the vault stage.

5. Defence with target taking no damage. Infested Defence on Eris, take Frost with Ignis, globe + ulti spam makes it extremaly easy. Use specter if you need to. Limbo and Gara also sort of work, not as foolproof as Frost though. 

6. Maintain combo multipier: any melee, all combo duration mods, no extra damage, easy mission- Gabi on Ceres is my favourite. 

7. X kills without touching the ground/while wall running- again Gabi, Ember with World on Fire, find place where wall running bumps you into wall on the side, press jump until done. 

8. Vruush turrets- take silenced sniper or high range secondary, like Arca Scisco. From Cetus gates fly high, towards closest grineer base (Hek's stiletto?) From afar look at the base through scope, you should see round holes where the turrets will spawn. Slowly get closer, stop the moment holes change into covers. You should be out of sight range from the base, and if high enough, from any patrols on the ground. Turrets should spawn in a couple of seconds, kill them. There should be 2 Vruush turrets in your sight, and at least one on the other side of base, which I just ignore if i have not getting procc'ed condition. Turrets respawn after a while, so you can stick around (Itzal invisibility helps) or go back to Cetus and repeat. 

9. Mine, fish, kill in 10 seconds. PoE. Use sniper or Arca Scisco. Find a mining deposit just next to the water, with enemy base with turrets in sight, preferably far away, so you wont get shelled. Mark a turret, check deposit. Mine all dots but one. Equip spear, catch fish, mine last dot, kill turret. I believe hijacked Dargyns still counts as enemies, so it might be even easier if you can get one first. 

As other Tenno previously mentioned, all riven challenges can be cheesed, finding proper way to do that is fun for me. I would love some new challenges, i believe I've done all of current ones multiple times. 

22 hours ago, Frenotx said:

Step one: Get Titania

Step two: Find one of those dargyn camps on the ground- there's usually one in the woods near the entrance to the plains.

Step three: Cast Titania's 1 on the pilots before they get in their machines.

Step four: Casually walk up to them while they hopelessly float in the air, slide, and kill them with your weapon of choice.

Repeat until required number of kills are met.

Just used this method a few days ago. Very easy, and works like a charm. "Before they touch the ground" apparently actually means "while they're in the air for any reason". Like I said, cheese puzzle solving.

Wow. Thank you for this post.

With the Ember rework I was trying to think about what I should do with Dargyn pilots when WoF is getting removed, since I usually use that ability to kill them while in the air. Never knew you could use Titania for that, since I felt the trigger was always “Dargyn pilots need to set foot on the vehicle then fly in order for ‘airborne’ to count.”

Thank you.

14 hours ago, Duality52 said:

The Plains isn't the only place with Dargyns to shoot while on the ground. Try Kuva Fortress Assault instead.

Once you melt the main gates with the Molten Coil, there should be at least 6-7 Kuva Dargyns that will attack you. They count towards the challenge.

koro is guaranteed spawn for dargyns. before you open the gate like (and you can extract without finishing the mission for the riven to be unveiled).

3 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

3. Headshot kills. For cheese, use castanas or penta, find a szable group, detonate grenade above enemies heads. Also, Scourge altfire aura magnetizes enemies heads. Cc- throw spear- jump aimglide with auto secondary. 

Corpus are the easist to head shot as they don't have additional armor covering the head like  Grineer.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Wow. Thank you for this post.

With the Ember rework I was trying to think about what I should do with Dargyn pilots when WoF is getting removed, since I usually use that ability to kill them while in the air. Never knew you could use Titania for that, since I felt the trigger was always “Dargyn pilots need to set foot on the vehicle then fly in order for ‘airborne’ to count.”

Thank you.

Glad I could help. I've read other people saying rhino's stomp was enough to get them technically airborne, but I couldn't get that to work for me. Titania worked like a charm. I've read Nidus' pull can work, too, but haven't tried it.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, probably, but use Itzal's Cosmic Crush. Use it on the pilots before they enter the Dargyn. It picks them up and kills them before they hit the ground so it technically counts.

Though I will agree that Dargyn challenges suck but that's due to the RNG nature of their appearances in general. Not difficult but can be tedious.

Edit: This obviously doesn't cover specifics like sliding but use it where you can. I hear Rhino's Stomp and Zephy's Twisters also work for this.

Edited by ArcKnight9202
Clarification

The ones that don't involve pilots are easy, bunch of Dargyns are guaranteed to spawn in the first phase of Kuva Assault.

But yeah, I hate trying to find those things in the Plains so much I don't even bother with those challenges.

Edited by Guest

I got the killing 5 Dargyns with a bow recently.

Not sure why people are pikachu surprised when we have Ivara. I equipped my Daikyu, went into Plains and aggroed a Dargyn, enabled Navigator and fired the arrow right into their face.

On 2019-10-07 at 3:53 AM, 844448 said:

Zephyr + pax soar + all glide mod + low level = gg

This works extremely well for the 3 headshot challenge. Any open area, use Zephyrs first ability charged up and you hang in the air for...30s maybe? Lots of time to line up 3 headshots. Despite it's not entirely a "glide" move, it still counts as she just "hang" in the air.